Official: April 2006 election results thread

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Official: April 2006 election results thread

Post by Highlander »

Cyclops wrote: I really was hoping that a downtown stadium would eventually happen. One of the things I always hated about Royals Stadium / the K was that there was nothing to look at outside the stadium but I-70 and that building.... Especially on the very rare occasions when we are on national TV. The skyline woulda been cool. But... time to move on.
I guess we will have to settle for a telephoto shot from the Goodyear Blimp.

This has probably been said already, given the dizzying amount of post since last night and today, but I am kind of disappointed now that the stadium renovations have passed that the roof failed.  OK, we won't get a DT stadium in the forseeable future but a SuperBowl and Final Four would have been a nice consolation prize.  One thing about spending tons of money on a football stadium, it's only used about 8 or 9 times a year.  Put a temporary roof on it and it's a far more viable venue for any number of events.   
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Highlander wrote: I guess we will have to settle for a telephoto shot from the Goodyear Blimp.

This has probably been said already, given the dizzying amount of post since last night and today, but I am kind of disappointed now that the stadium renovations have passed that the roof failed.  OK, we won't get a DT stadium in the forseeable future but a SuperBowl and Final Four would have been a nice consolation prize.  One thing about spending tons of money on a football stadium, it's only used about 8 or 9 times a year.  Put a temporary roof on it and it's a far more viable venue for any number of events.   
But still with those 8 or 9 times a year at arrowhead...

78,000 * $60 average + $10 average (beverages and other stuff) = ??? lots of cash

Not to mention kauffman...65 * 18,000 * $10 = ????

Still makes a nice amount of money to just have the stadiums...
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

kcdcchef wrote: 53-47
How much did that 6 percent cost?  How much was spent on the yes side?

53% of the votes = a Million plus?
47% of the votes = maybe 10 grand? (mostly just common sense.)