Questions Fail - Downtown Baseball?

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

If the Apr 4 ballot questions fail, and another question, for a downtown ballpark emerges, how would you vote?

Yes - build it!
60%
No - screw it!
40%

Total votes: 65

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Questions Fail - Downtown Baseball?

Post by lock+load »

AllThingsKC wrote: Well, what we're going to have to do is fill up both stadiums, so that's what...120,000?  And since no one knows the day or the hour, we'll keep those people there for a big "wait party."  The people who are there will be spending money there everyday.  And, if the Lord comes back in the year 3006, those people will be spending money for one thousand years.  I think that alone would cover the $1b.  So, there you have it: Common sense on why to vote yes!
Sounds like we could be having Superdome like conditions with people staying in the stadiums for 1000 years.  Not to mention, what about the games?  Sounds like a scam to me.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

i dunno, if we could get people buying $4 plates of nachos and $7 beers for 1000 years, i might just be inclined to tell the teams to play on the road for a while.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

shaffe wrote: i dunno, if we could get people buying $4 plates of nachos and $7 beers for 1000 years, i might just be inclined to tell the teams to play on the road for a while.
Only in the Catholic section.  :lol: The Baptists, mormons, and assorted evangelists will all be going for the $4 bottled water instead of the $7 beers.  I don't know if that upsets your business model. 
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Friday Night Fireworks replaced with Friday Night Fish-fry.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I eat meat on Friday
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The roof is going to have to be over parking lot M.  I don't want the roof blocking me from going Heaven when I get raptured.  :lol:
KC is the way to be!