Another idiot in the Star

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Another idiot in the Star

Post by lock+load »

The commentaries they manage to get and run...the particulars of the project do not matter?  Come on.

Take care of KC’s treasures

This is not an election about the ownership of the Chiefs or Royals. And it is not an election about the particulars of the renovation projects. Thoughtful minds (not mine) have already worked on those.

Bob Kipp is former city manager of Kansas City and chairman of Crown Center. He lives in Leawood.
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Another idiot in the Star

Post by timberwolfrider »

I loved this story lock&load good find. Keep 'em coming.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rather, this is an election about our city and its future. It is about one of our assets — those things that cause us to feel really good about Kansas City. There are many.
Truman Museum, our parks and boulevards, the Country Club Plaza, Kansas City International Airport, Crown Center, the 18th and Vine District, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the American Royal, the Kansas City Zoo, Liberty Memorial, the symphony, ballet, opera … You could name more.
Surely we could quibble about some details of each of these assets. But the main point is, we have them, and they make a huge difference in how we feel about our town..
He fails to mention our biggest, most important asset - downtown. In fact, this clown doesn't mention Crown Center, Union Station, City Market, the Crossroads, our convention district and the amazing architecture and soul of this city - downtown. These dipshits JUST don't get it. it's as though they have ignored downtown for so long that it doesn't even CROSS THIER MIND. The center of the city is our greatest asset and we've neglected it for 30 years. Build a baseball stadium downtown and bring the people back.
So it is with the Truman Sports Complex, a remarkable architectural achievement and a unique asset. We must protect this with all of our vigor. Of course, we should reinvest and upgrade the stadiums, in the same way we do with our own homes.
To this bozo what's unique about it is it's suburban location, he loves it.

Architecturally it hasn't been unique for decades. It doesn't offer an all around entertainment experience and if the renovation passes, KC will miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build a real stadium in the right location. Didn't we learn anything from Kemper?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Sounds like another "blockbuster endorsement." Keep 'em coming, SOS. I'm sure you still have some more money to promise to people.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Michael® wrote:

Architecturally it hasn't been unique for decades. It doesn't offer an all around entertainment experience and if the renovation passes, KC will miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build a real stadium in the right location. 
location is bad on kauffman, i have never argued. but to say it is no longer unique is crazy talk. at least there are still many national sports writers that disagree with you.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

What the hell is up with everyone who lives in counties that voted "NO" on Bi-state 2 feeling like they need to chime in on what is best for Jackson County. Yes/No/Maybe, just butt the freak out.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

kcdcchef wrote: location is bad on kauffman, i have never argued. but to say it is no longer unique is crazy talk. at least there are still many national sports writers that disagree with you.
From your post you agree that kaufmann is in a bad location
1) do you would agree that downtown and the city-center is our greatest asset?
2) do you agree that Kaufmann does nothing to help downtown?
3) do you think that a new downtown stadium would be good for downtown and baseball in KC?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Michael® wrote: From your post you agree that kaufmann is in a bad location
1) do you would agree that downtown and the city-center is our greatest asset?
2) do you agree that Kaufmann does nothing to help downtown?
3) do you think that a new downtown stadium would be good for downtown and baseball in KC?

i agree with one and two.

i disagree that losing such a remarkable stadium is worth it to get it.

do you agree that cities like seattle, pitt, philly, cincy, all had dumps to begin with?
do you agree that kauffman is one beautiful stadium to go to still?

we have been all over this shit for years now on this forum.

my honest hope is that if this passes our forum life can go back to normal.

my honest hope is that if this fails you downtown stadium maniacs realize that when mkb, city council, dtc, county gov, and the teams, AGAIN, support another truman sports complex package, that, downtown baseball is not on the horizon.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

shinatoo wrote: What the hell is up with everyone who lives in counties that voted "NO" on Bi-state 2 feeling like they need to chime in on what is best for Jackson County. Yes/No/Maybe, just butt the freak out.
exactly.... this moron abandoned the city - even leaving the state altogether - a long time ago.
just because he is chairman of crown center doesn't give him a say over anything.
He doesn't have to contribute a dime.

idiots like Kipp make me want to puke... they despise the city and have the nerve to speak out for something that has led to the destruction of the city center. Why does KC attract these dolts to the area in the first place? I would bet money he's from Nebraska or some freakin other worthless state and could care less if KCMO fell into a crack in the ground as long as Leawood KS ( and their parking lots ) was saved.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

What is unique about Kauffman stadium? No other stadium has a rotating Dodge Ram?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

kcdcchef wrote: my honest hope is that if this fails you downtown stadium maniacs realize that when mkb, city council, dtc, county gov, and the teams, AGAIN, support another truman sports complex package, that, downtown baseball is not on the horizon.
So, what if mkb, city council, dtc, county gov, and the teams, support Downtown? (Hypothecital question, perhaps) What would you say then? 
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

TheNorthlander wrote: So, what if mkb, city council, dtc, county gov, and the teams, support Downtown? (Hypothecital question, perhaps) What would you say then? 
looks like a downtown stadium is a comin'!!