Why don't you go to more Royals games?

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Why don't you go to more Royals games?

Post by StL_Dan »

^^^^:lol: :lol: :lol:^^^^

Thanks for the laughs, locknload.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

When I was an usher in 76 and 77, I believe it cost $1.00 or $1.50, to sit in the right or left field seats.
I had upper deck, outer reaches. Saw enough BB for a lifetime those 2 years.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Broadway gets clogged at times for now simply because most of the other main arterials downtown are closed due to P&L construction.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

49r wrote: Broadway gets clogged at times for now simply because most of the other main arterials downtown are closed due to P&L construction.
That's an excellent point.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i would go to a lot more games if

a) i didnt have to sit in outbound traffic seemingly everytime i went

b) the royals express didnt suck

c) there was a stadium downtown
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

I figured out the reason why people don't go to more Royals games. They are to costly... :lol: Well the tickets are to costly for the type of product they are selling.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I figured out the reason why people don't go to more Royals games. They are to costly... :lol: Well the tickets are to costly for the type of product they are selling.
What???  Last year I could get a ticket for less then the cost of a beer.  Sheesh.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I figured out the reason why people don't go to more Royals games. They are to costly... :lol: Well the tickets are to costly for the type of product they are selling.
seven dollars to watch major league baseball? cubs fans pay a lot more and they have waited 98 years now.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I think craka was saying that we get a really poor product for what we pay, not that we pay a lot.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: I think craka was saying that we get a really poor product for what we pay, not that we pay a lot.
seven to ten bucks to see major league baseball is a bargain. no matter how many games we lose.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: seven to ten bucks to see major league baseball is a bargain. no matter how many games we lose.
To be fair, it costs more than the ticket price.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

major league baseball

well at least the visiting team is major league. the royals are a freakin' joke.  they want all this money, but won't put out a good product.  (save the tired revenue sharing argument..they could do more) same with the chiefs. they want all this money, but they let t-rich go.  what a disgrace! they show absolutely no commitment to providing a better product and they show zero class when it comes to the fan base.  they should have resigned the guy.  they continue to shake the hands of jaco residents all the while pissing down our legs.  what did the chiefs say about free agency this summer...."we'll only dabble in it." it's maddening that people want to hand all this $$$ over in the name of being a "major league city" and the carrot danglings of a Superbowl & All-Star Game.  who cares if you're in another part of the country and you say you're from KC and they say "oh, yeah the royals and chiefs." BFD!!! trust me, they still think we are a bunch of hayseeds looking for toto.  That's the perception no matter what. Get over it! Who cares???

I just talked with a guy in Detroit and asked about the payoff of the Superbowl.  As expected, the HUGE numbers that everyone was talking about are starting to shrink in reality.

whatever, i'm voting NO. that's all i can do.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

kucer wrote:

well at least the visiting team is major league. the royals are a freakin' joke.  they want all this money, but won't put out a good product.  (save the tired revenue sharing argument..they could do more) same with the chiefs. they want all this money, but they let t-rich go.  what a disgrace! they show absolutely no commitment to providing a better product and they show zero class when it comes to the fan base.  they should have resigned the guy.  they continue to shake the hands of jaco residents all the while pissing down our legs.  what did the chiefs say about free agency this summer...."we'll only dabble in it." it's maddening that people want to hand all this $$$ over in the name of being a "major league city" and the carrot danglings of a Superbowl & All-Star Game.  who cares if you're in another part of the country and you say you're from KC and they say "oh, yeah the royals and chiefs." BFD!!! trust me, they still think we are a bunch of hayseeds looking for toto.  That's the perception no matter what. Get over it! Who cares???

I just talked with a guy in Detroit and asked about the payoff of the Superbowl.  As expected, the HUGE numbers that everyone was talking about are starting to shrink in reality.

whatever, i'm voting NO. that's all i can do.

the royals are major league, whether or not you think so, it is major league. go to a t-bones game or omaha game and then go to kauffman, and tell me you do not see the difference in level of play. sure, they have been down for a long time, but, there have been other teams out longer then us ( hell, milwaukee has went 13 seasons without a winning season ) so, whoa is us, poor kansas city, our baseball team sucks, but, it is still major league.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: the royals are major league, whether or not you think so, it is major league. go to a t-bones game or omaha game and then go to kauffman, and tell me you do not see the difference in level of play. sure, they have been down for a long time, but, there have been other teams out longer then us ( hell, milwaukee has went 13 seasons without a winning season ) so, whoa is us, poor kansas city, our baseball team sucks, but, it is still major league.
Well props to us, we can field a bottom 5 MLB team.  It's doing great things for our image to the rest of the country, and great things for the morale of Kansas Citians. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: Well props to us, we can field a bottom 5 MLB team.  It's doing great things for our image to the rest of the country, and great things for the morale of Kansas Citians. 
there have been franchises that lost more and lost longer. and they rebounded. perhaps the royals will win 80 or more this year. will that silence you, or is a world series trophy required to satisfy your high standards that you have spent such a long lifetime attaining?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

bahua wrote: To be fair, it costs more than the ticket price.
Not really...it actually costs less if you take the express.  Even if you drive by yourself, $16 for MLB is a good deal...especially when you can self upgrade.

Pack a sandwich if you don't want to pay for food....beer, while good, is actually optional.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

lock&load wrote: Well props to us, we can field a bottom 5 MLB team.  It's doing great things for our image to the rest of the country, and great things for the morale of Kansas Citians. 
If your morale is affected by the quality of the Royals, you might want to check into Two Rivers.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'd rather have a bottom five MLB team than no MLB team, and I'd even be willing to pay for it. I just think this proposal is ridiculous.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCPowercat wrote: If your morale is affected by the quality of the Royals, you might want to check into Two Rivers.
Isn't this one of the main reasons I am being urged to vote YES?  That I'll be suddenly forced to live as a second class American citizen, in a city w/o MLB.

I don't give a rats ass about the Royals any more.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

well quality of life isn't really morale.  My quality of life would be lessed if the Royals would leave but my morale wouldn't change...I think they are different, don't you?

I don't think anybody is urging you to vote yes....you can't afford it I've heard.

Anyways, I was just saying if they do affect you, you should get checked in because they are so bad.