April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March 30

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:25 am
Location: brookside

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by lock+load » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:01 am

Michael® wrote:Shut up already, your posts in this thread are so full of shit it must be coming out of your ears. I've never heard so much inane blabbering about nothing. Look D**S*** this is POLITICS. Barnes MUST bow down to the Democratic leadership and the other old skool County players THAT ARE GETTING PAID or she will have no job in her future. That's the only thing this is about. As far as the DTC these dopes have no spine, no plan and no money.

You have ZERO validity, you have looked reality in the face by hearing every argument about how baseball downtown would spur billions in development and make light rail a reality yet you continue to talk the same dumb S*** over and over. I'm sick of it, you're wrong. You're just like the DipS*** in Blue Springs that hate downtown and think Kaufman is great. It's a freaking joke. Nope, no more stupid chefisms or airtime for your dumb attempts to validate Kaufman's renovation without getting my size 12's up your arse. Go post your 3rd grade cliches on www.kcroyalssuckeveryyearwelovewalkingina3milelongsurfacelot&eatingtacobellafteragame.com where they will listen.

Nobody in their right mind would want to spend half of what a new stadium would cost downtown JUST to have what we had in 1970. WTF are you thinking?


Awesome, and welcome back :)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 12247
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:31 pm

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by aknowledgeableperson » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:49 am

Kard wrote:I honestly don't understand Barns' support for this.  I can't figure it out.  It doesn't match the support for DT she's had in the past.  I really think it's just politics.  If DT is her baby then she should, I would think, be at least saying "Hey, can we even talk about a DT park?"  Same with the Downtown Council...I think there are some political favors going on there.  Not direct money (this is traceable), but you have to admit that it really doesn't make any sense--with what we know publically--as to why the Downtown Council would support this based on their stance in the past.  I don't travel in those circles--I'm just a poor kid--so I don't have any proof at all, but it just seems strange.


Wake up.  TSC is supported because they feel that is best for the community.  If a downtown park is built it would be a city project and the city is close to its debt limit as it is and that does not take into account the billions to be spent on the sewer system, millions for the East Village, and so on.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.

User avatar
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by kcdcchef » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 am

Michael® wrote:Shut up already, your posts in this thread are so full of shit it must be coming out of your ears. I've never heard so much inane blabbering about nothing. Look D**S*** this is POLITICS. Barnes MUST bow down to the Democratic leadership and the other old skool County players THAT ARE GETTING PAID or she will have no job in her future. That's the only thing this is about. As far as the DTC these dopes have no spine, no plan and no money.

You have ZERO validity, you have looked reality in the face by hearing every argument about how baseball downtown would spur billions in development and make light rail a reality yet you continue to talk the same dumb S*** over and over. I'm sick of it, you're wrong. You're just like the DipS*** in Blue Springs that hate downtown and think Kaufman is great. It's a freaking joke. Nope, no more stupid chefisms or airtime for your dumb attempts to validate Kaufman's renovation without getting my size 12's up your arse. Go post your 3rd grade cliches on www.kcroyalssuckeveryyearwelovewalkingina3milelongsurfacelot&eatingtacobellafteragame.com where they will listen.

Nobody in their right mind would want to spend half of what a new stadium would cost downtown JUST to have what we had in 1970. WTF are you thinking?


michael

downtown baseball will not happen in kc. not now, not in 10 years. maybe in 30. the voters even if they reject this, will simply get it again in august or novemeber, and either way, it will be keeping the teams at the tsc. the owners, hunt and glass, do not wish to leave the tsc. you may, and that is fine.

i see you have learned to stop name calling. good for you.

and we will see what voters want in 10 days.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:25 am
Location: brookside

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by lock+load » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:57 am

kcdcchef wrote:downtown baseball will not happen in kc. not now, not in 10 years.


You do not know what will or could happen in ten years.  Look how quickly after Kemper was refurbished that we started building a new arena downtown.  Ten years is a long time, and a lot of things can change and happen in that span.

You just don't want a downtown ballpark to happen in the next ten years, and are trying to pass that off as fact.  Nice try.

User avatar
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16999
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:43 am

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by chrizow » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:16 pm

Michael® wrote:
You have ZERO validity, you have looked reality in the face by hearing every argument about how baseball downtown would spur billions in development and make light rail a reality yet you continue to talk the same dumb S*** over and over. I'm sick of it, you're wrong. You're just like the DipS*** in Blue Springs that hate downtown and think Kaufman is great. It's a freaking joke. Nope, no more stupid chefisms or airtime for your dumb attempts to validate Kaufman's renovation without getting my size 12's up your arse. Go post your 3rd grade cliches on www.kcroyalssuckeveryyearwelovewalkingina3milelongsurfacelot&eatingtacobellafteragame.com where they will listen.

Nobody in their right mind would want to spend half of what a new stadium would cost downtown JUST to have what we had in 1970. WTF are you thinking?


awesome.

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by bahua » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:18 pm

I am just disgusted by the amount we're talking about, and the fact that Glass and Hunt could take that money and, according to the ballot language, do *nothing*.

We are literally selling away our future by handing this money over blindly. We are *completely* blind in this, too. We have *zero* assurance that the money will be spent on *anything* they've mentioned. Without assurance, I have to assume they'll take the money and run.

User avatar
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by kcdcchef » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:39 pm

lock&load wrote:You do not know what will or could happen in ten years.  Look how quickly after Kemper was refurbished that we started building a new arena downtown.  Ten years is a long time, and a lot of things can change and happen in that span.



sure i do lockandload. both owners have been asked point blank about it, and they have both said no way. even after steadman ran his dumb mouth off, hunt did not back him. the owners of the teams do not want to leave the tsc.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:25 am
Location: brookside

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by lock+load » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:45 pm

kcdcchef wrote:sure i do lockandload. both owners have been asked point blank about it, and they have both said no way. even after steadman ran his dumb mouth off, hunt did not back him. the owners of the teams do not want to leave the tsc.


chef, even they can't predict what will happen in ten years.  Baseball could have a totally different financial structure, Glass and Hunt could both be dead.  Many things can change, and to act like the future has already been decided is ridiculous.  They say that now because they want to push this through and get their free money now.  But should the proposed renovations not happen, they will definitely be open to something else in ten years.

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by bahua » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:01 pm

kcdcchef wrote:sure i do lockandload. both owners have been asked point blank about it, and they have both said no way. even after steadman ran his dumb mouth off, hunt did not back him. the owners of the teams do not want to leave the tsc.


Of course they don't want to leave the TSC. Why would they? They get barrels of money for being where they are. They have no interest in Kansas City, or making it a better place to live. They have a parasitic existence with the city, right now, but here's the thing:

It doesn't matter what they think. They'll play where we tell them. We're the ones paying for their playground, and if we want it downtown, it'll go downtown, and so will they. The fact that David Glass doesn't want to leave the TSC is completely extraneous and irrelevant. It's not his decision, unless he buys the K. If he owns the ballpark, then fine. He can make all the decisions he wants.

User avatar
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by kcdcchef » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:59 pm

bahua wrote:Of course they don't want to leave the TSC. Why would they? They get barrels of money for being where they are. They have no interest in Kansas City, or making it a better place to live. They have a parasitic existence with the city, right now, but here's the thing:

It doesn't matter what they think. They'll play where we tell them. We're the ones paying for their playground, and if we want it downtown, it'll go downtown, and so will they. The fact that David Glass doesn't want to leave the TSC is completely extraneous and irrelevant. It's not his decision, unless he buys the K. If he owns the ballpark, then fine. He can make all the decisions he wants.


and i am happy with knowing our ownership groups will stay where the stadiums belong, the truman sports complex.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

shaffe
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by shaffe » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:53 pm

our ownership groups will go where the deal is sweetest.  if the vote on april 4 goes down and two plans for the royals are discussed afterwords, one DT and the other at TSC, they'll go wherever the best investment is.  if the new leadership in jackson county actualy sacks up and says to them "you've got to put some of your money in this thing", and the organization has to to contribute half the cost, i guarantee you that the royals wouldn't even think twice about bolting for another location within the city at a cheaper (or equal) cost.

User avatar
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by kcdcchef » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:00 pm

shaffe wrote:our ownership groups will go where the deal is sweetest.  if the vote on april 4 goes down and two plans for the royals are discussed afterwords, one DT and the other at TSC, they'll go wherever the best investment is.  if the new leadership in jackson county actualy sacks up and says to them "you've got to put some of your money in this thing", and the organization has to to contribute half the cost, i guarantee you that the royals wouldn't even think twice about bolting for another location within the city at a cheaper (or equal) cost.


the owners will go downtown if it is offered to them free, sure. you think this city will do that? you have a mayor in office now, who, has done more for kansas city missouri then any mayor in 80 years, and, she is against a downtown stadium. what does this tell you? the elected officials at all levels, team ownership, and oh yeah, mlb executives, are not for a downtown stadium. the landscape of pro sports, sure, will change over the next 10 years, but, the new stadium boom is grinding to a halt, very few cities now want a new stadium, miami, probably tampa, the new york teams, there are just so few left, that, in 10 years, you think the call for a new stadium will be any louder then it is now? please.

the royals are playing right now where they will be playing for the next 40 years. kauffman stadium.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by bahua » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:37 pm

If the vote passes, I give them five years, tops, before they start itching for funding again, and figure out a way around whatever "lock" we have on them leaving town.

KCDevin

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March 30

Post by KCDevin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:44 pm

lol five years?
Think again, it's 10 years till we get the Super Bowl and All-Star Game.

User avatar
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March 30

Post by kcdcchef » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:00 pm

KCDevin wrote:lol five years?
Think again, it's 10 years till we get the Super Bowl and All-Star Game.


you know for a young man devin, you really are a very smart man. all star game, 2014, super bowl, 2015, and yeah, the teams will ask the day after both of those are over.

lol.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: April 4th Ballot Questions: Panel Discussion Hosted By KMBZ, Thursday March

Post by bahua » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:57 pm

KCDevin wrote:lol five years?
Think again, it's 10 years till we get the Super Bowl and All-Star Game.


Exactly. They can hold it over our heads, just like they're doing now.

Locked