Who gives a shit?
5%

Total votes: 38

jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

New Stadium or Improving

Post by jj116533 »

I have one question which is if they do end up passing this then everything will be fine, but who is to say that in ten twenty years or so the improvments need improving, this would make another tax.  My question is if the teams dont get it to pass, then they will do what?  still play in KC i think that if they really did threaten to leave then KCK should build a new staduim, but whta would happen if the bill doesnt pass.  
I also would like to know who is for and who is against the bill.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Stadium or Improving

Post by KCMax »

Are you asking what we would like or what we think would happen? Your poll is very difficult to understand.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

just so you know, this thread will turn into a storm in about 3 hours, like all stadium threads on here do. there are a LOT of people that are regulars on the forum against anything done to either except fulfilling the leases, and some regulars for 1 & 2, although, many less.

i think there are several lurkers on the site that are for it also, judging on past votes on the mater.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

then how about nobody replies to this thread unless it's related to the question directly?  if somebody starts spouting have a mod delete it, and the rest of us will have to use some self control in the meantime.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I don't think I need to repeat where I stand :)
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I edited the poll, as the rolling roof requires the passage of the improvements question.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Another pointless poll with all the same results...
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: Another pointless poll with all the same results...
you failed to mention which way you stand.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

kcdcchef wrote: you failed to mention which way you stand.
Yes to both. All Star + Superbowl.  :-$
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

Post by timberwolfrider »

My wife and I are both voting yes on both questions, no doubt a great deal to keep 2 nice stadiums.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: Yes to both. All Star + Superbowl.  :-$
And an ass pounding for all taxpayers.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

lock&load wrote: And an ass pounding for all taxpayers.
Luckily I live on State Line (Mo side) and walk across to the grocery store in KS where there will no doubt be lower tax rates.  Just to spite.

(I'M KIDDING.  I try to spend my JoCo-made-moolah in KCMO as much as I can.  Pffft.)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

I noticed recently that The Unified Government is doing a citizen poll on wether or not KS should pursue the Cheifs IF MO rejects the sales tax.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

justin8216 wrote: I noticed recently that The Unified Government is doing a citizen poll on wether or not KS should pursue the Cheifs IF MO rejects the sales tax.
How do you feel about that?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

justin8216 wrote: I noticed recently that The Unified Government is doing a citizen poll on wether or not KS should pursue the Cheifs IF MO rejects the sales tax.
that will never happen.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Kard wrote: How do you feel about that?
Truthfully I hope that MO does retain them. I wish KS could help out. I voted for the Bi-state II sales tax.

However IF MO does reject the sales tax and IF the Chiefs approach KS, I would have no problem with KS pursuing it. I would much rather them move to KS than move out of the metro all together.

Who knows it might even be a blessing is disguise for MO. Think about it this way. If the Chiefs move to KS, then Jackson county would have only the Royals stadium to foot the bill for. (downtown Baseball stadium?)
(Stapleton style redevelopment of Truman sports Complex?
....it does have an advantage over Blue Springs on downtown commute times and is in the city limits)

With the Cheifs in KS the KS side of the Metro would now be doing want MO has been wanting all along. Paying for their share. No doubt a Chiefs stadium in Wyandotte County would require the state to kick in. Johnson County generates a third of state revenue. So in essence they would be paying for the  new Chiefs stadium which is what everybody wants. For Johnson County to share the financial burden.

As an added bonus Wyandotte County gets a boost which it most certainly needs and deserves. A new Chiefs stadium would help  expand the tax base for Wyandotte County, giving us more resources. Johnson County has hoarded it's wealth (with the state constantly cutting social services in order to reduce Johnson County's taxes ) leaving Wyandotte County with limited resources to deal the urban social ills it's citizens left behind.
Last edited by justin8216 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

jj116533 wrote: I have one question which is if they do end up passing this then everything will be fine, but who is to say that in ten twenty years or so the improvments need improving, this would make another tax.  
By the way, if a new stadium was built there would be improvements to be made 15 to 20 years after it opened anyway.  So rehabbing or building new same difference.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: By the way, if a new stadium was built there would be improvements to be made 15 to 20 years after it opened anyway.  So rehabbing or building new same difference.
so true, rogers centre ( 89 ) and oriole park ( 90 ) and us celular ( 90 ) have all had millions in improvements done already. taxpayer financed too.
ReutherMonkey
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ReutherMonkey »

who wants to be stuck with an aging stadium for another 20 years? Most rational cities just build new stadiums and build them to today's expectations of what stadiums should have from the onset.