Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by bahua »

There's no doubt about it. The K is a wonderful ballpark, but through this proposal, I have seen that Glass has little interest in preserving it or making it better. He's just making empty promises, so he can con us out of a billion dollars. The weak link in the local baseball chain is David Glass, and this proposal, we have been shown, is not going to do *anything* for the K, or for the Royals.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: There's no doubt about it. The K is a wonderful ballpark, but through this proposal, I have seen that Glass has little interest in preserving it or making it better. He's just making empty promises, so he can con us out of a billion dollars. The weak link in the local baseball chain is David Glass.
when you say a billion, you really mean 225m plus his half of the roof, right??

yeah, he is a weak link. he bought the team when noone else would, and, he underwrote some pretty shitty losses on this team at least twice. his losses other years, plus the 3 years he made a meager profit, were not that high, but some years, he took some pretty bad losses on this team.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by shinatoo »

My issue is general, and directed at both sides of the complex. Too much money, not enough owner money (especially on the Chiefs side) not enough common man improvements/compelling innovative ideas. It a handout to increase revenues and much of it will do nothing to increase revenues. Much of it will be beautification, but I think they are plenty pretty as they are.

Criticism of the Chiefs might abound more if they would show us a PLAN!!!!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcdcchef wrote: when you say a billion, you really mean 225m plus his half of the roof, right??

yeah, he is a weak link. he bought the team when noone else would, and, he underwrote some pretty shitty losses on this team at least twice. his losses other years, plus the 3 years he made a meager profit, were not that high, but some years, he took some pretty bad losses on this team.
I agree with you on this, and I think Glass is being pushed into these request by Lamar. But that doesn't make it a good plan.

I also think he is hoping it will fail so he can justify accepting contraction, but we shouldn't get into that.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: when you say a billion, you really mean 225m plus his half of the roof, right??
No, I mean the completely unrestricted, unsunsetted tax amount that will be billions.
I'm pretty sure there was another bid for the Royals from some dude in Texas.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: yeah, he is a weak link. he bought the team when noone else would, and, he underwrote some pretty shitty losses on this team at least twice. his losses other years, plus the 3 years he made a meager profit, were not that high, but some years, he took some pretty bad losses on this team.

If I recall, others were interested in buying the team but were rebuffed.  Here you go again recreating history.

And until you come up with copies of Glass' audited financial statements, your comments about his profits and losses are pure conjecture
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by KCMax »

Miles Prentice, a New York lawyer, very badly wanted to purchase the Royals. There was another group that wanted to buy them that was kept anonymous.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: No, I mean the completely unrestricted, unsunsetted tax amount that will be billions.

I'm pretty sure there was another bid for the Royals from some dude in Texas.
david glass's bid was the only one considered by mlb.

the miles prentice bid was a joke, too many investors

KCMax wrote: Miles Prentice, a New York lawyer, very badly wanted to purchase the Royals. There was another group that wanted to buy them that was kept anonymous.

the other owners would not even consider the miles prentice bid. way too many investors, it was almost as scary as the george brett bid.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: david glass's bid was the only one considered by mlb.

the miles prentice bid was a joke, too many investors.
Well, that paints him as something less than a saint. Sounds to me like he grabbed the Royals, when nobody else was allowed. Smells fishy to me.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Miles got screwed when he bid for the Red Sox bid too. He actually had the high bid. But John Henry is buds with Bud Selig, as is David Glass. Its no surprise both ended up with clubs while Miles was left out in the cold.

I don't know why many investors is a bad thing (its also certainly not unprecedented, see the Texas Rangers of the 90s with Bush). Seems like you'd have more ways of raising capital....to invest in stadium improvements!!!!

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: Well, that paints him as something less than a saint. Sounds to me like he grabbed the Royals, when nobody else was allowed. Smells fishy to me.
not at all. hunt submitted a bid that was an attempt to steal the team, not buy it.

brett submitted a bid, with other kc investors, and none of them had the net worth of what a team costs, no way.

miles prentice submitted a bid, with other kc investors, and none of them were worth the amount of the team.

and i heard some rumblings about an anonymous bid, but, it never got considered. nothing fishy, noone wanted to buy a last place team in a market that bitches about $7 tickets that makes NO revenues.
KCMax wrote: Miles got screwed when he bid for the Red Sox bid too. He actually had the high bid. But John Henry is buds with Bud Selig, as is David Glass. Its no surprise both ended up with clubs while Miles was left out in the cold.

I don't know why many investors is a bad thing (its also certainly not unprecedented, see the Texas Rangers of the 90s with Bush). Seems like you'd have more ways of raising capital....to invest in stadium improvements!!!!
that and the fact that prentices group was just that, a group. he could not afford a team. pro sports do not like groups.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

If Glass was part of a goup of investors chef would be carrying on about how great that was. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: If Glass was part of a goup of investors chef would be carrying on about how great that was. 
no, i would not. groups buying teams always create too many problems, cannot afford to really run a team .
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: no, i would not. groups buying teams always create too many problems, cannot afford to really run a team .
As opposed to our current ownership that cannot afford to really run a team? 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I really like the idea of distributed sports team ownership. It works beautifully for Green Bay.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: As opposed to our current ownership that cannot afford to really run a team? 
yeah, too bad glass is not stupid enough to lose tens of millions of dollars to win a world series like floridas ownership.

like any of you would run this team any differently. remember, glass is not filthy rich, so, if you had his resources, less then 500m, how much would you blow to win?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: yeah, too bad glass is not stupid enough to lose tens of millions of dollars to win a world series like floridas ownership.

like any of you would run this team any differently. remember, glass is not filthy rich, so, if you had his resources, less then 500m, how much would you blow to win?
If I could not afford to operate my business successfully, I would sell it or discontinue operations.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: yeeh, tuu bed gless is nut stoopeed eeuoogh tu luse-a tens ooff meelliuns ooff dullers tu veen a vurld sereees leeke-a flureedes oovnersheep.

leeke-a uny ooff yuoo vuoold roon thees teem uny deefffferently. remember, gless is nut feelthy reech, su, iff yuoo hed hees resuoorces, less zeen 500m, hoo mooch vuoold yuoo bloo tu veen?
Bork Bork Bork!

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... =10&id=507
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'd get investors together to help me invest in added revenue streams. You have to spend money to make money. Its called capitalism, not public subsidization.

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

hahahahaaa...snooooooorrrrttt!!!  snooorrrrtt!!!  whew............ ahh.  a'hem.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator