Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by ShowME »

Man, you really are one childish ass dude about this. You are on this siTE every day bitching and complaining, because you want it to fail, and it very clearly is headed towards a victory. By a small margin, for sure, but, either way, it is heading towards passage. I think what really bothers you is that whether it passes or not, that the Royals will stay at Kauffman Stadium.

Getting an All Star Game, ( i missed it, I am hoping to hear a replay at 6 ) is a great thing. I read that the all star game in Detroit pumped 88m into their economy. A Super Bowl, brings in 100m. Just getting those two events makes this worth voting yes on both issues.

I heard, on 980 today, that polling Glorioso has says this thing is 51-49, which, is within that margin of error.
What do you expect Glorioso to say that it's failing big time?  Come on how do you defend David Glass chipping in 15 mil which is almost half that after tax credits.  He's an alum of MO State and so am I but his contribution is a downright disgrace.  That and a sales tax is the most regressive tax against poor people which Jackson County has plenty of.  Sorry but I'd rather the Royal's move downtown with much more of a contribution from Glass.   Either that or Johnson County can have them.  If they don't wanna foot the bill then get in line with the Marlins and Twins who are both looking to screw communities with a hefty tax bill just like Mr. Glass.
Calling a spade a spade.
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by timberwolfrider »

Number one Glass is coming in with 25m, if that is not enough for you oh well.
Next off, the man has underwrote losses on the Royals 4 times in 7 seasons, so I would say put that in with the 25 million, it will make it go up to well beyond 50 million.

Now, I missed the press conference, but, I am listening to Glass right now on 810, and I am looking forward to seeing if Kietzman has the balls to press Glass, I think probably not.

Back to the stadiums, Florida has well over 300m in commitments from San Antonio, 200m from the city, 50m from the state, and 50m county, so if they get 300 million dollars plus 100 million of their own, is close to a stadium deal. So only the Twins are looking hard.

If a lot of you guys don't like the deal the KC teams are getting, go on www.ballparks.com and see how many free stadiums there are in the major leagues, MLB and NFL, there are 19, not counting the oldest ones, which, include Arrowhead, The K, Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee, Metrodome, take all those out, and there are still 20 completely free stadiums out there. So, how you can you sit there and say this is the worst??

Because you guys  are just guessing your asses off and feeding off what the press says.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

^^^^

If that isn't kcdc, then it is a clone...or a relative...
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The San Antonio deal is just a whimsy promise made by lawmakers. It has to go to voters. They also think they can build a new ballpark for $350 million, which many on here say is impossible.

Timber, chef has made that argument several times, and I say, why compare KC to the worst? We deserve better. The average stadium has about 40% private financing, that's really all I expect from Glass and Hunt.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

49r wrote: ^^^

kcdcchef?

(The commas give you away)
Look at the posts real carefully.  It may not be the chef, but it sure isn't who they say they are.
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

KCMax, I can show you twenty stadiums that were completely free within the past 25 years and that is not even including the free Sprint Center or any other arenas. So the average is not 40%  you are full of the bs you get spoonfed off of AM radio.

San Antonio has put togeher over 300 million dollars and McCombs is promising to kick in, and yeah it is contingent upon a vote but so what it kills your argument there is no where to go .

And y'all can quit calling me kcdcchef 'cause I'm not.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

TheNorthlander wrote: Look at the posts real carefully.  It may not be the chef, but it sure isn't who they say they are.
IT IS NOT FUCKEN ME. 

it is a new poster, this happens everytime a new poster comes on this damn site, paintsniffer has been on here for months now, and you guys still say he is someone else, and justin got accused of being someone else too.

everytime a new poster joins this board and does not go with the flow, they automatically are an alter ego.

quit playing sherlock holmes. get over it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Well he certainly has chef's style for grammar, spelling, the propensity to throw out facts without backing them up, and belittling people that do not agree with him.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

He uses the words "fucken" and "noone"

If that isn't a coincidence, I don't know what is.
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

You guys really need to get a better hobby really.

You will not run me off the way you attempt to run off all new posters you do not agree with.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

They just said on the news now that we will have the All Star Game and Super Bowl if this passes, we are going to try for the Final Four.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Whatcha guys talking about?  Anything interesting?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by kard »

GRID wrote: Whatcha guys talking about?  Anything interesting?
KC has been awarded an All Star Game.

[edit] IF the renovations pass.  Don't recall if the roof was part of the deal.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

My worst fear now if this isn't passed. Is that the Chiefs will move to JoCo or WyCo... I wouldn't take that in exchange for a DT Stadium by a long shot.

The idiots at the WyCo/KCk government have an opinion poll up about whether they should pursue the Chiefs should the vote fail... I hope to God that NEVER happens...
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by kard »

KCDevin wrote: My worst fear now if this isn't passed. Is that the Chiefs will move to JoCo or WyCo... I wouldn't take that in exchange for a DT Stadium by a long shot.

The idiots at the WyCo/KCk government have an opinion poll up about whether they should pursue the Chiefs should the vote fail... I hope to God that NEVER happens...
Why?
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

All i'm going to say to that is:

doh!  #-o
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I realize my post sounded a bit "paintfumes-ish", that wasn't the intention.

I seriously am asking the question, though.  No matter how you slice it, it's not fair for one county to pay for an asset of the entire metro.  If the only way that burden can be spread out is for them to move to the race track, then I guess I'm ok with it.  The Chiefs won't move downtown--I don't see that happening in KC.  They're going to stay in an ocean of parking lots.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Kard wrote:

I seriously am asking the question, though.  No matter how you slice it, it's not fair for one county to pay for an asset of the entire metro.  
kard

they have been doing it that way in the kc area for over a century now.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

kcdcchef wrote: kard

they have been doing it that way in the kc area for over a century now.
So...that makes it ok?  LAME.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

My worst fear is this thing passing. It's deadly dangerous to our economy.

It's wasteful. Let's pay off some kajillionaires when they say jump!

It's excessive and deceptive. Who ever heard of renovations that cost 675 million dollars? If more than renovations are planned, change the ballot language. Otherwise, we're dealing with fraud. The pitiful part is that the people of Jackson County seem to be willing to accept fraud and extortion, and a tremendous loss of basic services, at the sound of the tiniest whisper of their teams leaving town.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere. They enjoy one of the highest attendance totals in the NFL. They love Kansas City, and Kansas City loves and supports them. Games happen eight times a year, and always on weekends.

We can't, however, support a Major League baseball team, as we have it. The ballpark is in the middle of nowhere, and attracts some of the smallest crowds in professional baseball. What are we clinging on to?