Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
doogieslap
Pad site
Pad site

Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by doogieslap »

According to a release I have in front of me, David Glass will make this annoncement at 3PM local time.

Anyone know what this is about?  Does it have anything to do with the Royals not submitting their renovation plan on the 15th??
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Here's their plan.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp ... sp&c_id=kc - there you go -b

You need to cut and paste the link into your addy line.  For somereason the whole thing wouldn't "take."
Last edited by bahua on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by kcdcchef »

soryn petro and kietz are talking about it right now, they have no idea what it is. they kept me on the edge of my seat for 2 hours, making me think they knew. buttheads.

they think it is related to the centerfield amphitheater, but, they blatently do not know.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

kcdcchef wrote: soryn petro and kietz are talking about it right now, they have no idea what it is. they kept me on the edge of my seat for 2 hours, making me think they knew. buttheads.

they think it is related to the centerfield amphitheater, but, they blatently do not know.
They get more bitter every day.  Perhaps they should find something other than local sports to talk about.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

After a thorough analysis of his financial situation, David Glass has come to the realization that he is much wealthier than he once thought.   This was discovered as Mr. Glass was dividing his marital assets for his pending divorce.  Apparently he had an affair last summer with the chick that runs the hot-dog concession stand behind section 108.  Mrs. Glass was shocked and disgusted that David would do such a thing and is seeking divorce.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Glass will receive 1/2 of the Marital assets, and all David will be left with is the Royals and 25 shares of Wal-Mart stock.  Therefore, he can no longer afford to contribute anything to the renovation plan.  The tax will have to fund his portion as well as the 90% it was already funding.

Tune in for the latest on KCTV-5 news at 4:00.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by kard »

Now, Slappy, who's the bitter one today?

Anyway, Kietz was saying (and he was spinning this, since he doesn't like the whole deal) that the royals now want the county to build them an amphitheater out past center field, and that the Royals would get the revenue from it.  (spin) Basically another "free" revenue stream for the team.  And they want the roof to cover it (they roof they weren't crazy about in the first place).

Kietz admitted (and was annoyed by the fact) that no one returned calls that they said they would, so he doesn't know the whole story.  But he thinks the teams and legislature are all pretty pissed at each other (Royals hate Chiefs hate Legislature hate Chiefs hate Royals).

Ironic they're trying to build such a happy place.

Tune in at 3p for more dirt!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Kard wrote: Now, Slappy, who's the bitter one today?

Anyway, Kietz was saying (and he was spinning this, since he doesn't like the whole deal) that the royals now want the county to build them an amphitheater out past center field, and that the Royals would get the revenue from it.  (spin) Basically another "free" revenue stream for the team.  And they want the roof to cover it (they roof they weren't crazy about in the first place).

Kietz admitted (and was annoyed by the fact) that no one returned calls that they said they would, so he doesn't know the whole story.  But he thinks the teams and legislature are all pretty pissed at each other (Royals hate Chiefs hate Legislature hate Chiefs hate Royals).

Ironic they're trying to build such a happy place.

Tune in at 3p for more dirt!
why is kietz so suprised that the royals do not want to return his calls?? i mean, in 2002, the entire 25 man roster, and the manager, tony pena, refused to speak to him for the last 2 months of the season, not one interview. so, this is not the first time the organization has blackballed him!
Slappy the Wang wrote: They get more bitter every day. Perhaps they should find something other than local sports to talk about.
kietz and peStro get so much more bitter every day about the royals and the renovations, they really should cover something else like flower shows are something, they really are way too bitter and resentful about the teams and renovations.

it is intresting to see the way that kietz and peStro put a spin on things, it really is.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

About the call thing...  No idea if he actually called them all, but he rattled of long list of people he called, including Gorris, Steadman, Shields, and the Jax Sports commisioner guy.  No one returned calls.  Props to him for trying to get ahold of them, at least.

Glass is said to be doing the conference himself.  Interesting.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Kard wrote: Glass is said to be doing the conference himself.  Interesting.
As only he should discuss his personal financial and marital situation.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: As only he should discuss his personal financial and marital situation.
is it not possible to discuss the reality here, or do we have to turn this thread into another save our owners parody?
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Who cares?  I just hope that in the name of racial equality the Royals will sign the management rights over to the owners of Gold Diggers and Maniaxx.

We CAN all GET ALONG!
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: is it not possible to discuss the reality here, or do we have to turn this thread into another save our owners parody?
It is all speculation.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: It is all speculation.
we both know the news conference has nothing to do with an extra marital affair with a centerplate employee.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: we both know the news conference has nothing to do with an extra marital affair with a centerplate employee.
Aparently you are privy to information I am not because I am certain of nothing regarding the situation
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I CAN'T STAND verizon amphitheater.  Put a nice amphitheater out there at the copmlex and I'll vote yes ;)

Oh, and I'm starting to loose a lot of respect for KK and his JoCo crew.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: I CAN'T STAND verizon amphitheater.  Put a nice amphitheater out there at the copmlex and I'll vote yes ;)
sounds like what is about to happen GRID. VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!! verizon does suck.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Screw that. Regardless of what happens at TSC, Verizon should be on the riverfront.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCMax wrote: Screw that. Regardless of what happens at TSC, Verizon should be on the riverfront.
I'll take anything over that piece of shit out in bonner.  That place is an embarrassment to KC.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

GRID wrote: I'll take anything over that piece of shit out in bonner.  That place is an embarrassment to KC.
I heard they're moving all the concerts to Crown Center after it rained once out there, so all will be well.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

GRID wrote: I'll take anything over that piece of shit out in bonner.  That place is an embarrassment to KC.
Is there anything in KS that is not an embarassment to KC in your opinion?  I sure as hell rather drive to Bonner as it is now, than have my tax dollars funding a new ampitheater as part of a 1/2 billion stadium boondoggle.