Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by lock+load »

Maybe we can add a fleet of helicopters to hover over the K on sellouts days, fans with a bird's eye view!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by kcdcchef »

shinatoo wrote: So, Chef, do you think adding seats is a good idea?
shina

they are not adding. they are shifting. the capacity of kauffman, from all i have read, will be changing only marginally, going on the renderings, and the plans, they are moving the bullpens inward towards the foul poles, and shifting those seats, more in towards center, and up behind the fountains.

although, if it was just straight adding seats, i would be for it. i have been there during sell outs, and like the atmosphere of the k during a sellout, and, there are capacity or near capacity crowds several times a year, and i am all for anything that keeps the sell outs at the size they are now, if not more.
Kard wrote: It worked for Kemper!!!
we got the big XII tourney a few more times after doing that, it was worth it. can you imagine if downtown had attempted to build a new arena 15 years ago? the city would have fucked it up real royally. the timing of sprint center with the entertainment district and the housing craze that is going on, made it perfect.
bahua wrote: Seats outside the actual stadium, at that!
my comments are directed at the fountain seating. with regards to seats outside the stadium, look, if they can make it work and make it something that is useful, then, i am all for it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by bahua »

Maybe we can get 19-year-old cheerleaders to blow you when you finish your beer.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: my comments are directed at the fountain seating. with regards to seats outside the stadium, look, if they can make it work and make it something that is useful, then, i am all for it.
Me too, but I'm not paying for it. I'll happily pay to use it, though.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

bahua wrote: Maybe we can get 19-year-old cheerleaders to blow you when you finish your beer.
and the discussion descends into depths that some didn't even know existed...

#-o
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: Me too, but I'm not paying for it. I'll happily pay to use it, though.
you may not have a choice on the paying for it part.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcdcchef wrote: shina

they are not adding. they are shifting. the capacity of kauffman, from all i have read, will be changing only marginally, going on the renderings, and the plans, they are moving the bullpens inward towards the foul poles, and shifting those seats, more in towards center, and up behind the fountains.

although, if it was just straight adding seats, i would be for it. i have been there during sell outs, and like the atmosphere of the k during a sellout, and, there are capacity or near capacity crowds several times a year, and i am all for anything that keeps the sell outs at the size they are now, if not more.

we got the big XII tourney a few more times after doing that, it was worth it. can you imagine if downtown had attempted to build a new arena 15 years ago? the city would have fucked it up real royally. the timing of sprint center with the entertainment district and the housing craze that is going on, made it perfect.

my comments are directed at the fountain seating. with regards to seats outside the stadium, look, if they can make it work and make it something that is useful, then, i am all for it.
So is their anything you don't like about the Proposal? Net number of seats will increase, seats are not being removed for the bullpens and seats are being added where the Stadium Club used to be. I would think they would need to increase the size of the dugouts to accomidate the pitchers.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: you may not have a choice on the paying for it part.
Sure I do! It's called a "vote."
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: Maybe we can get 19-year-old cheerleaders to blow you when you finish your beer.
If I was a moderator you would have gotten a green dot.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: Sure I do! It's called a "vote."
sure, you have a vote. but if it is voted yes, you have to pay for it whether you want it or not.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

kcdcchef wrote: sure, you have a vote. but if it is voted yes, you have to pay for it whether you want it or not.
one could technically avoid shopping anywhere in jackson county i suppose...
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

shinatoo wrote: So is their anything you don't like about the Proposal?
I was beginning to wonder that, myself. I think they could reveal that thai children will be working concessions and maintenance for eleven cents a day, as a part of the proposal, and chef'd still support it, and cast his Pennsylvania-based vote.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I just tried to warn myself, and got this message:
The Forum wrote: You CANNOT warn admins/mods
It's nice to be a part of the alliance of evil.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: although, if it was just straight adding seats, i would be for it. i have been there during sell outs, and like the atmosphere of the k during a sellout, and, there are capacity or near capacity crowds several times a year, and i am all for anything that keeps the sell outs at the size they are now, if not more.
If you want more sellouts, a bigger park is NOT the answer.  KC will never sell out 40k + seats at Kauffman on a daily basis, even if they are winning regularally.  

Chef seems to support anything and everything related to this proposal.  Give us a break already, you are like a robot.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: sure, you have a vote. but if it is voted yes, you have to pay for it whether you want it or not.
Yes, that's called, "Democracy."
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: I was beginning to wonder that, myself. I think they could reveal that thai children will be working concessions and maintenance for eleven cents a day, as a part of the proposal, and chef'd still support it, and cast his Pennsylvania-based vote.
Sad thing is when I was working their in the late 80's Vietnamese family's were cleaning the stadium and were supplementing their diet with leftover food they would sweep up from the stands. I use to take them down the leftovers from whatever banquet we had.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

bahua wrote: I was beginning to wonder that, myself. I think they could reveal that thai children will be working concessions and maintenance for eleven cents a day, as a part of the proposal, and chef'd still support it, and cast his Pennsylvania-based vote.
They could propose a tax where they witheld 25% of our income from our paychecks and deposited it directly in Glass and Hunt's checking accounts and I am pretty sure Chef would be for it as long as it meant keeping Kaufman.  
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: I just tried to warn myself, and got this message:

It's nice to be a part of the alliance of evil.
Sounds like Congress.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

are there things i do not like? yeah, i kind of like the scoreboard and jumbotron as is, maybe a bigger jumbotron that is similar to the one we have, other then that, i am all over this. it will make one of baseballs best even better.

amazing how in ALL of these threads i have yet to hear arrowhead and hunt get criticized.
lock&load wrote: If you want more sellouts, a bigger park is NOT the answer.  KC will never sell out 40k + seats at Kauffman on a daily basis, even if they are winning regularally.  

Chef seems to support anything and everything related to this proposal.  Give us a break already, you are like a robot.
and that is different from you how?
LenexatoKCMO wrote: They could propose a tax where they witheld 25% of our income from our paychecks and deposited it directly in Glass and Hunt's checking accounts and I am pretty sure Chef would be for it as long as it meant keeping Kaufman.  
no, i would not support something that stupid. but, i support giving the owners a deal that is not as bad as the twenty free stadiums other owners have got. it involves our owners putting in some money, and it involves keeping 2 great stadiums.

and oh yeah, vote it down on april 4th, who cares, the main point has been established. as long as lamar hunt and david glass are running these franchises, they are NOT GOING TO LEAVE the tsc. i will be happy either way as long as these teams stay at the tsc.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Me thinks the K possesses some sort of sentimental value to chef.  His mom is a ticket taker there after all.  Who knows what went down between chef and the K when he was a kid  :shock:  I don't think I want to know about it actually.