Kauffman Stadium Plans Unveiled Today

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Kauffman Stadium Plans Unveiled Today

Post by kcdcchef »

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/dow ... ntplan.pdf

well, they just released them in more detail today, also, some more "renderings" on thier website.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Kauffman Stadium Plans Unveiled Today

Post by schugg »

I like the fountain seats and the splash zone......cool.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

schugg wrote: I like the fountain seats and the splash zone......cool.
i like the push they are making on this, but as a supporter, i question why they waited until 2 weeks before the vote to really get out in the open with what will be done where at arrowhead and kauffman.

perhaps because i am not a politician, but, maybe someone who is more versed on politics can tell me..............is this a good thing, for them, to wait until 14 days out to finally show everyone what they are really doing there??

to me, in an election that is neck and neck, i think it hurts them to wait so long, but, like i said, someone else tell me.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

Thanks Chef. Glad that they FINALLY put out the renderings and more details about it.

From a design standpoint, I'll say that I am impressed with the right and left field restaurant/plaza areas, and the walk of honor linking the two. I don't like the idea of a huge tent like pavillion though, I think something a little more elegant, and more similar to the corner plazas would work better, maybe a trellis covered walkway type deal. The tent thing might look a little too much like a cheesy carnival tent, I could be wrong though without seeing an elevation or perspective view.

I'd like to see a rendering or two of this stuff within the context of the rolling roof too.

As for the renderings themselves, graphically we put together better stuff than these in my first year architectural design studio.  :lol:

And I'm still not convinced that this is more than what Anaheim did when they renovated back in 98, for 118 million. (Inflation adjusted = appx. 146 million)
Last edited by Burton on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcdcchef wrote: i like the push they are making on this, but as a supporter, i question why they waited until 2 weeks before the vote to really get out in the open with what will be done where at arrowhead and kauffman.

perhaps because i am not a politician, but, maybe someone who is more versed on politics can tell me..............is this a good thing, for them, to wait until 14 days out to finally show everyone what they are really doing there??

to me, in an election that is neck and neck, i think it hurts them to wait so long, but, like i said, someone else tell me.
Maybe they wanted to have the renderings done sooner, but were still working on the details of the project?!  In other words, maybe they were a little unorganized.

Or, maybe it's a plot to get those voters who are still undecided?  :?:
KC is the way to be!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

What have they spent so far on preliminary plans for this project.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of real renderings and details on this project.  I still don't really know exactly how they will change the stadiums.  Only some ideas and sketches.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

yeah, i'm still having a hard time imagining some of these things.  it doesn't help that i haven't been out to kauffman in 6 months.

not to mention that i LOATHE the idea of bullpens down the sideline.  i hate those things.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

In the section regarding the Royals Walk of Fame:

"The enhancements will also include a link to Kansas City's own national treasure, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum."

Now THAT is a skywalk.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

I am 100% supporting this! I love the new splash seats but don't know what the porpuse of them are. We averaged 17,000 last year. The new splash seats will add 2,500 more seats. I'm sure the renovations will pass. I'm just concerned about the rolling roof.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

:puke:
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

A lot of this was detailed in the Star last week. I think its cool, I also think its stupid that taxpayers have to pay for it.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Do you suppose they'll still be called the Royals when they move to Las Vegas?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

They'll be called the Royal Flushes.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NorthLeawood4
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by NorthLeawood4 »

I hope it passes... Even though whenever us in JoCo go out there if this passes should feel a tremendous amount of guilt for not having to pay one bit of it. It just all seems so strange that us on the Kansas side shouldn't have to fork over anything.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

NorthLeawood4 wrote: I hope it passes... Even though whenever us in JoCo go out there if this passes should feel a tremendous amount of guilt for not having to pay one bit of it. It just all seems so strange that us on the Kansas side shouldn't have to fork over anything.
kansans had their chance to help out, bi state II, and decided it was better to get it the way they had the first 33 years...............free.

and now joco'ers have another place to go to shop, eat, and watch races, wyco, and again, for.....................free.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

I wonder why the chiefs haven't released thier new renderings yet...?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I wonder why the chiefs haven't released thier new renderings yet...?
Probably still trying to figure out all the cool stuff you can buy for $575 million...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Kard wrote: Probably still trying to figure out all the cool stuff you can buy for $575 million...

or the 225m they are going to get.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Oops--I forgot to split it.

I guess they'll get $225, then with their $100 it's $325.  So they're trying to spread $325 around.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Kard wrote: Oops--I forgot to split it.

I guess they'll get $225, then with their $100 it's $325.  So they're trying to spread $325 around.
there you go. that makes more sense. and if the roof passes, i guess they get 225 + 100, plus their 100, but, i am not too sure about that roof passing.