PROs and CONs of Question 1 and Question 2

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: PROs and CONs of Question 1 and Question 2

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

lock&load wrote: Maybe they can upgrade the people that sell the tickets now so it doesn't take 10 minutes to buy a ticket from a man who was born before radio was invented and clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing with the computer there.
No shit!  They need some of those self check-out machines like AMC has put in at their theaters.  They could even do the deal where you buy your tickets on line and then just stick your card in the machine and it spits them out.  I know this has made going to the movies on a Friday night a hell of a lot less of a hassle. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: They could finally afford to upgrade since they only need a couple of machines for the 7,000 fans :)

Maybe they can upgrade the people that sell the tickets now so it doesn't take 10 minutes to buy a ticket from a man who was born before radio was invented and clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing with the computer there.
they put new machines at every gate in the stadium. just so you know, the royals average close to 19,000.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: No shit!  They need some of those self check-out machines like AMC has put in at their theaters.  They could even do the deal where you buy your tickets on line and then just stick your card in the machine and it spits them out.  I know this has made going to the movies on a Friday night a hell of a lot less of a hassle. 
Royals have done one better, they allow you to print your ticket at home.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

shinatoo wrote: Royals have done one better, they allow you to print your ticket at home.
yeah, i saw that when they were letting us buy opening day tickets online.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

My biggest fear of voting down question 1 and 2 would be the national headlines the day after the vote if they failed, "KC TURNS DOWN SUPER BOWL!"  What a national embarassment and huge set back to what we've been doing lately that would be.  The question I have is are the plans to have the superbowl here in 2015 contingent on KC passing these two particular proposals or do we have a timeline to pass some sort of improvements/roof for Arrowhead?  I mean if we don't pass this thing on April 4th is that it for the Super Bowl or do we have until some date to get something passed?  To me that headline would make us look horrible despite our reasonings behind voting it down.  Let me know what you all think!
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i have greater fears
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

cityscape wrote: My biggest fear of voting down question 1 and 2 would be the national headlines the day after the vote if they failed, "KC TURNS DOWN SUPER BOWL!"  What a national embarassment and huge set back to what we've been doing lately that would be.  The question I have is are the plans to have the superbowl here in 2015 contingent on KC passing these two particular proposals or do we have a timeline to pass some sort of improvements/roof for Arrowhead?  I mean if we don't pass this thing on April 4th is that it for the Super Bowl or do we have until some date to get something passed?  To me that headline would make us look horrible despite our reasonings behind voting it down.  Let me know what you all think!
That's exactly why it was announced when it was--it's to get Jackson County to pass the vote.  It only happens here, as things stand now, if and only if both of these ballot issues pass.

I'm sure it would be said, but has not been said yet to my knowledge, that if this fails, KC would not be offered a SB in the future making this KC's only shot at it.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I though if it didn't pass the Dot was going to build a rolling roof stadium over by the go-cart track and move the Chiefs, so we will get the Supper Bowel anyway.

:wink: