Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Post by skim82 »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Hell you just made a more convincing threat to leave town than either of the teams have ever made.
Well said

The Chiefs and Royals are not going anywhere.  

Here's what happens in almost every scenario in which teams want a new stadium in a city.

A) a horrible proposal is denied by voters      = BISTATE II

B) another horrible (yet slightly better) proposal is denied by voters    = SAVE THE STADIUMS BS

C) The best proposal is approved by voters.          =DOWNTOWN BASEBALL AND A RENOVATED ARROWHEAD / NEW ARROWHEAD IN KCK.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Not sure I would stick around KC either if we lost MLB or both teams, but if I hear this one more time, I'm going to puke.

KC is a hundred times better than both those towns, with or without pro sports.
the fundamental problem is noone on this board that tosses that shit around has ever had the pleasure of spending time in one of those lame ass towns with no pro sports, so, do not understand how much it does for the city. hell, the royals have not done jack crap since 85, and are still dining on that.

the chiefs, 33 years out, still celebrate stram, dawson, stenerud, lanier, etc. the glory, lasts forever, and gives is, if nothing else, a reason to love our teams, and, oh yeah, our town.

where is joefoodstamps to talk about the mcmansions, to prove my point, when i need him.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Just remember: The chiefs DID move here from texas.  Nothing is stopping any major league team from moving.  I'm sure cleveland and scores of other city's know this firsthand.  The chiefs might not be bluffing, whats to suggest they are bluffing?  Absolutely nothing.  My case rests on them moving.  Everybody and their mother knows LA is about to get a team...and the league pretty much already said it will come from somewhere...not nowhere...if you get my swing
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

And when the Chiefs move, expect another NFL team to move here within 5 years.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: And when the Chiefs move, expect another NFL team to move here within 5 years.
yeah, because baltimore ( 14 years ) and st louis ( 12 years ) and los angeles ( 10 years, still waiting ) got their teams back right away, and they are all bigger then us.

i have not researched this, but kansas city, as of now, has lost 3 professional teams. baseball, basketball, hockey. i would venture to say if that number grows to 4 or 5, pro sports will not touch us with a 10 foot pole.

and oh yeah, max, if we lose the chiefs, what team is a relocation target now? new orleans? thanks to the hurricane, the superdome is getting 150m makeover, close to half of which, is not even necessary work, so, in effect they are getting a renovation, and to boot, the nfl will not let that man move the team. not going to happen. so, that leaves who? every team in the nfl has gotten a new stadium, or renovated ( oakland, new orleans, chicago, green bay ) so, who is going to move here? they are all under lease, in new and renovated stadiums, and the league has made it clear, that they will only expand one last time, to los angeles, so, again, where we going to get a relocated team from max??

narnia?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

New Orleans or Minnesota. The Super Dome renovated is still subpar. Jacksonville and Indianapolis are also a long shots way down the road.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: New Orleans or Minnesota. The Super Dome renovated is still subpar. Jacksonville and Indianapolis are also a long shots way down the road.
indianapolis has cleared land to replace their dome. jacksonville got their place redone 5 years ago, they are going nowhere.

minnesota will not lose the vikes. the twins, maybe.

and new orleans is going nowhere, even with all the shit they endure, they still get a 20m payout annually from the state legislature to compensate them for playing in such a poor city.

try again.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Didn't know about the Colts.

Vikes could certainly bolt. Saints could DEFINITELY bolt. Benson very much wants to leave but thinks it will look bad to leave now with Katrina. I don't think that subsidization is enough to keep em - I mean the Chiefs are subsidized here and apparently that's not enough to keep them.  :roll:

I haven't heard any rumors, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills bolt someday soon. Old stadium, small market. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders pick up and move. How funny would that be? The Kansas City Raiders?

All it takes is one.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Didn't know about the Colts.

Vikes could certainly bolt. Saints could DEFINITELY bolt. Benson very much wants to leave but thinks it will look bad to leave now with Katrina.

I haven't heard any rumors, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills bolt someday soon. Old stadium, small market. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders pick up and move. How funny would that be? The Kansas City Raiders?
bills could be a candidate, i went to 2 games this year at ralph wilson stadium, that place is a dump, wow. but, they are locked into their lease for 16 more years, same with new orleans, they signed their lease in 1997, and, davis signed a lease in oakland after his last move.

so, after all your trying, perhaps the bills, but, a shitty stadium cannot get you a move, it has to be an expired lease, a defaulted lease, or both. you cannot just up and move. the chiefs situation is unique.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The Chiefs are also locked into a lease if we would just pay the maintenance upgrades.