Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
shinatoo
Ambassador

Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Post by shinatoo »

Some people want to build a new baseball stadium downtown, some want to renovate Kaufman.

What do you think?

(I'll make everyone a deal, I will stop bitching about the bitching if everyone prommisses to keep ALL the arguments about the future home of the Royals in this thread and out of every other thread. You can kick the shit out of that horse carcase in here for all I care).
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Post by kcdcchef »

shinatoo wrote: Some people want to build a new baseball stadium downtown, some want to renovate Kaufman.

What do you think?

(I'll make everyone a deal, I will stop bitching about the bitching if everyone prommisses to keep ALL the arguments about the future home of the Royals in this thread and out of every other thread. You can kick the shit out of that horse carcase in here for all I care).
send this thread to the dumpster. NOW. there is no way you are going to keep everyone on this board ONLY bitching about it here. it is the biggest kc news since the arena/ p&l / hr block, it is the biggest thing to talk about in the forum since any of that.

sorry, just facts. and it will keep on getting brought up in every thread, whether or not we like it or not.

AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE ON APRIL 4TH IF IT FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

This stadium vote is the biggest boondoggle I've seen in years and sadly it is still a close race!  The moronic capacity of Jackson County voters appears to be quite high.  It's one hell of a soap opera!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcdcchef wrote: send this thread to the dumpster. NOW. there is no way you are going to keep everyone on this board ONLY bitching about it here. it is the biggest kc news since the arena/ p&l / hr block, it is the biggest thing to talk about in the forum since any of that.

sorry, just facts. and it will keep on getting brought up in every thread, whether or not we like it or not.

AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE ON APRIL 4TH IF IT FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess you're right.

But thanks for your efforts to keep it under control&
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

dude, do you realize how this shit is going to blow wide open on the night of april 4th if it fails??

my good friend lockandload has 30 posts cut and pasted in his pc, just waiting to copy into here, and 300 comments to them already in reply, something along the lines of making fun of me for ice skating or something.

no, count on it, if it fails, it will get WORSE for a month, month and a half, then, it will go psuedo dormnant, until the county unveils their next attempt at the tsc, or just kauffman, then, it will go crazy again for 5 or 6 months.

or, it may pass, in which case, a month of constant posting, pissing, moaning, attempts at a recall election on the mayor, assasination attempts on shields, death threats to whitlock, etc, then, after a month, it will die down, until they release the final renderings, at which point, hell will break lose. again.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Dude, if it fails I will be happy.  You're the one that will be bitching.  And just for the record, I custom create every anti-stadium post when needed.  Your idea is a good one though.  Funny thing is, I don't think you've ever resisted the temptation to respond to one of my rants.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: Dude, if it fails I will be happy.  You're the one that will be bitching.  And just for the record, I custom create every anti-stadium post when needed.  Your idea is a good one though.  Funny thing is, I don't think you've ever resisted the temptation to respond to one of my rants.
no way. i cannot resist responding to your temper tantrums. i do not know you, nor what you look like, but i can just imagine you at your pc, face read, vein bulging out of your sweaty forehead, hair on your neck standing up, all the while, saying, that fucker.

how can i resist lockandload?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

the reason the stadium vote is so important is this...

If it fails - downtown wins and anything can happen. Can you say East Village with a baseball styadium!

If it passes, forget having baseball downtown or in KC. The Royals will be gone in 3 years when the stadium only pull in 3000 fans/night.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Michael® wrote:
If it passes, forget having baseball downtown or in KC. The Royals will be gone in 3 years when the stadium only pull in 3000 fans/night.
oh god. now i have heard everything.
Michael® wrote:
If it fails - downtown wins and anything can happen. Can you say East Village with a baseball styadium!
amazing. now the east village is tied to the stadium. something the city and cauthen can make happen by taking their heads out of their asses, and you tie it to the stadium.

hell, tie in the riverfront, the west bottoms, and even though they are already hopping, throw in the crossroads too.
Last edited by kcdcchef on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

copied from the other thread:

If I lived in Jackson County and were over 18 (hey, I will be soon), i would definitely vote yes on both.

I do not believe the threats aren't real. They may move out of Jackson County, but they won't move to Clay county, nor any county in Missouri. Having the Chiefs in Kansas just wouldn't be the same, it'd encourage further movement to areas like JoCo, potentially hurting Downtown more than any companies moving to JoCo could ever do.

The reality is this:
No Downtown Stadium as long as David Glass is the owner of the Royals... They are against moving Downtown, as well as against using the rolling roof. The Downtown stadium isn't a reality, it's only a vision and probably won't happen, though we would love it to. It's a fantasy as far as Glass is concerned.

Most of you do not realize the importance of the rolling roof. The ballot on April 5th will not address renovations to the TSC, but also the rolling roof. Lamar Hunt said himself that without the TSC renovations, the rolling roof will not become a reality, even if that portion of the question passes.

It's your choice, a Super Bowl in Kansas City in about 10 years? Or a Downtown Stadium?

I take the Super Bowl...
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

The reason is this:
The Royals aren't a team worthy of keeping. As much as I like them, and I like MLB, they aren't a good team to have around when you can trade the Royals for an NHL or NBA team. The likely result is that we will not get either NBA nor NHL if we keep the Royals. If we kick the Royals out, or let them leave. We can keep the Chiefs, and they can pass as many things as they want to.

This is what we need to do in the future...
Get rid of the Royals, let them move to a larger baseball market.
Attract an NHL or NBA team to Kansas City, even if it's an expansion team.
Renovate Arrowhead and build the rolling roof, even if the team doesn't pay that much.

Then we will have the NHL/NBA team located Downtown in the heart of Downtown no less. Attracting up to 18,000 people per game. Plus The Brigade attracting just as many as it does now.

Once the Super Bowl rolls around, KC will have increased it's hotel space significantly as well as it's convention space.
We will have our "15 minutes of fame" for the Super Bowl... (and possibly be in the running for another one)

Plus we will have even more opportunites with the increased hotel and convention space, as well as a popular arena and a great renovated stadium with a roof that can be retracted.

In the end, we will have this:
1. A Super Bowl in 10 years, with possibility of another in the far future.
2. Increased Convention Space
3. More Hotels
4. A popular arena used by a major league franchise and a popular Arena Football franchise
5. More potential for businesses and residents (with increased events around the city and Downtown)

The alternative is this:
1. No Super Bowl
2. Convention Space may increase over a longer time
3. Slightly more hotels, increase with city demand
4. A popular arena used by only a popular Arena Footbal League
5. Possibility of Chiefs moving somewhere in Kansas, even JoCo, hurting Downtown. Or staying at an aging Arrowhead, or leaving alltogether (last resort).
6. Royals could stay at a decrepit stadium, move Downtown or leave.

These of course, aren't set in stone results, but just trying to illustrate my point.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Looks like San Antonio is a Viable option for the Marlins (which also makes them an option for the Royals).

Looks like they want to build out on the interstate toward Austin.

San Antonio Marlins??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2352427
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

San Antonio is way too small to support MLB. I can't believe the Marlins are seriously listening to them or Oklahoma City. They may as well listen to Wichita and Des Moines.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I personally would *much* rather have altogether increased quality of life in my downtown, than a one-time super bowl.

I see no reason to cowtow to a couple of billionaires' demands. Let them take their teams somewhere else. Let them try.

The extortion stops, April 4th. Vote no!
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

bahua wrote: The extortion stops, April 4th. Vote no!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: San Antonio is way too small to support MLB. I can't believe the Marlins are seriously listening to them or Oklahoma City. They may as well listen to Wichita and Des Moines.
Its not about the size of the city ....its about the size of the market and fan base...duh
Texas = 4th most populated state in the US
OKC = Market with no existing major sports...no brainer..
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

im2kull wrote: Its not about the size of the city ....its about the size of the market and fan base...duh
Which probably limits the populations more then just saying The Whole City...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

BTW, San Antonio says they can build a new stadium for $300 million.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCMax wrote: BTW, San Antonio says they can build a new stadium for $300 million.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: BTW, San Antonio says they can build a new stadium for $300 million.
again, apples to oranges. comparing a city with no stadium, to a city with an amazing, top 10 stadium. although, us kansas citians should ignore what people outside of kc think we always say in regards to those "meaningless" polls on stadiums.
im2kull wrote: Its not about the size of the city ....its about the size of the market and fan base...duh
well, according to this forum, or, the hockey "buffs", okc is the next hotbed for pro sports because they were averaging 8k for minor league hockey, which, to some, is impressive, not sure why, but, whatever.

okc is not a major league town, never has been, never will be. texas could easily support a 3rd baseball team, i would hate to see the marlins leave miami, i would prefer it be the devil rays, but, they are happy wallowing in tampa.