Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Hey! Lets start another thread bitching about the stadium.

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote:
Honestly though,
either way you swing on this topic...there could be a potential problem when there is a UMKC game, concert @ Kemper, festival in the river market, BBall game @ DT stadium, varius events at the new ball room, a politcal party convention, another convention @ bartle hall, NHL @ sprint, and all the new people located DT out on a first friday, and the entertainment area being full of life all at the same time...that could pose a parking problem...and it could all be a real possibility...with no major DT public transit and a lacking bus service...damn..shoulda kept the trolley lines
"Our downtown is so darn sucessful and popular we need to figure out how to handle all of the people coming".  Gee I sure would hate to have that problem.  wouldn't that suck.  ](*,)
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: "Our downtown is so darn sucessful and popular we need to figure out how to handle all of the people coming".  Gee I sure would hate to have that problem.  wouldn't that suck.   ](*,)
Yeah...its successfull...but wheels of motion turn the industry..and without movement our DT would die....
Dont compare it to bigger citys, they do have motion amoungst the gridlock...its called alternative transportation, and I would be willing to start a new thread given a large surge of intrigue by fellow members.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

So as not to ruin the thread on the Flea, I will post this here.

Girlfriend said she just saw a story on the news about the Flea market's new ownership, and it looked like there was a vote YES sign in the window, but wasn't absolutely sure.  Anyone in the area that can substantiate this?  If true, this is quite unfortunate.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: So as not to ruin the thread on the Flea, I will post this here.

Girlfriend said she just saw a story on the news about the Flea market's new ownership, and it looked like there was a vote YES sign in the window, but wasn't absolutely sure.  Anyone in the area that can substantiate this?  If true, this is quite unfortunate.
not to hijack it, but, my aunt was eating at joes for lunch last week, and said they had a vote yes sign, and as of last month, same ownership of both, so, would it suprise you?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: not to hijack it, but, my aunt was eating at joes for lunch last week, and said they had a vote yes sign, and as of last month, same ownership of both, so, would it suprise you?
No it wouldn't, but it is unfortunate nonetheless.  Why would any sane business owner openly take a side on such a divisive issue?  I cannot help but think it must be bad for business.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: No it wouldn't, but it is unfortunate nonetheless.  Why would any sane business owner openly take a side on such a divisive issue?  I cannot help but think it must be bad for business.
dude, how is something that the overwhelming majority of the civic and business community is supporting going to be bad for business?? you think all those homes on ward parkway with signs in those yards are the yards of mcdonalds burger flippers? fuck no, they are business owners, vp's, gm's, they are supporting it.

will not hurt their business one bit. but, those of you who have pledged not to patronize commerce that supports the tsc overhaul, have quite the growing list.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: dude, how is something that the overwhelming majority of the civic and business community is supporting going to be bad for business?? you think all those homes on ward parkway with signs in those yards are the yards of mcdonalds burger flippers? fuck no, they are business owners, vp's, gm's, they are supporting it.

will not hurt their business one bit. but, those of you who have pledged not to patronize commerce that supports the tsc overhaul, have quite the growing list.
I don't think may of those Ward Parkway mansion dwellers are dining at the Flea on a regular basis.  The polling for this is 50/50.  That means 50% of your potential customers do not agree with your position.  That would be like hanging a George Bush sign up in your window.  Probably not the best thing for business.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: I don't think may of those Ward Parkway mansion dwellers are dining at the Flea on a regular basis.  The polling for this is 50/50.  That means 50% of your potential customers do not agree with your position.  That would be like hanging a George Bush sign up in your window.  Probably not the best thing for business.
which, unfortunately, to many businesses do, support w.

now, back to this. i am not saying those mansion dwellers dine at the flea. i am saying those mansion dwellers OWN businesses in the greater kc area. and are supporting this. so, to say it is bad for business, for anyone at all, makes NO SENSE AT ALL. because, if those homeowners, that are business owners, or vp's, gm's, etc, then, it would be safe to say , the growing trend is to support this. ( business community )
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Who ever said it was 50/50? Do not trust online polls, they never accurately represent a voting situation.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCDevin wrote: Who ever said it was 50/50? Do not trust online polls, they never accurately represent a voting situation.
devin, accept it as fact it is 50-50. the last election, bi state II, on the tsc, was within 5 points. the 1967 election to build the damn things was within 7 points. every poll, which, you ignore, is 50-50. half of the callers that call in to 610, 810, and 980, are usually for, and half are against. 810 has more call ins saying no, 610 has more calling in saying yes. ( demographics. ) the letters to the editor are split down the middle. the television stations do polls, again, 50-50. so, you can ignore all of those variables, that is fine.

in your infinite wisdom, what do you think it stands at??
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

And where did we think the Arena vote stood at? 50-50? We were actually worried about it not passing. The vote ended up being like 60-40...

Radio stations may also take calls based on how many call in for which side... Say 5 call in for, so they take 5 against to keep unbiast. Some stations just don't care.
May I also mention, how many of these people live in Jackson County. Do you know for 100% that they live there? There is no way of telling someone lives in a place over the radio, unless they call from a home phone that is in Jackson County. (area code and first three digits)

Where do you stand at kcdcchef? For or against? Besides, our opinions don't really matter because we are not voting on the issue.

The people on the NO side of something always have the biggest mouths. Those on the YES side are less vocal over public radio and publishings but target individual people and neighborhoods.
Remember the arena vote again? Those idiots who wanted to vote NO all had the biggest mouths. (And if we were lucky, McFadden Weaver shouldave lost her job for it)

kcdcchef, you have no proof it will be at 50-50. I have no proof it'll be 60-40. So don't dick around and tell me that it's for a fact at 50-50... This vote is a lot different than Bi-State. We are actually able to get a Super Bowl with this tax, the others it was just renovations and nothing more.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Well, I went to take care of the sign that had sprouted on 13th St. and the 35 South on ramp, but someone had beat me to it.  Here it was all alone in the grass, don't you feel sorry for it?  I did.

So I gave it a comfortable ride in the trunk of my car.  It was warm, reasonably clean, and best of all, no one else would see it knocked down on the ground.

That was, until I got home.  I reconnected him with his friends, in the friendly confines of the garbage dumpster.  I think it is the happiest ending this sign could have hoped for.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

there will just be 10 new signs out tomorrow lockandload.
KCDevin wrote: And where did we think the Arena vote stood at? 50-50? We were actually worried about it not passing. The vote ended up being like 60-40...

Radio stations may also take calls based on how many call in for which side... Say 5 call in for, so they take 5 against to keep unbiast. Some stations just don't care.
May I also mention, how many of these people live in Jackson County. Do you know for 100% that they live there? There is no way of telling someone lives in a place over the radio, unless they call from a home phone that is in Jackson County. (area code and first three digits)

Where do you stand at kcdcchef? For or against? Besides, our opinions don't really matter because we are not voting on the issue.

The people on the NO side of something always have the biggest mouths. Those on the YES side are less vocal over public radio and publishings but target individual people and neighborhoods.
Remember the arena vote again? Those idiots who wanted to vote NO all had the biggest mouths. (And if we were lucky, McFadden Weaver shouldave lost her job for it)

kcdcchef, you have no proof it will be at 50-50. I have no proof it'll be 60-40. So don't dick around and tell me that it's for a fact at 50-50... This vote is a lot different than Bi-State. We are actually able to get a Super Bowl with this tax, the others it was just renovations and nothing more.
devin

the arena vote was closer then 60-40, for one. number two, all signs point to it being a close election, and everyone on this board agrees on that.

if you wish to continue arguing just for fun, that is your perrogative. but, i am sure you will find, that everyone on here, who thinks it will pass, or it will fail, all agree it will be within a few points, which, means, 50-50.

have a nice night. and go work on your chemistry or something.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Lock and Load =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

kccdchef, can't you read? I already said the arena vote was 60-40... Learn how to read better, don't just skim over a post and comment on just what you see.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCDevin wrote: kccdchef, can't you read? I already said the arena vote was 60-40... Learn how to read better, don't just skim over a post and comment on just what you see.
it was closer then that
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I said about 60-40, it wasn't 50-50 either.

I'm just glad they didn't turn this into a metro area deal... I would hate for the JoCo ppl to vote NO just because they think they have a chance at getting the Chiefs.

Lamar Hunt (or was it Clark?) said that this is THE LAST vote to renovate Arrowhead. Meaning they will either move to a new location. Or a new city alltogether.

People would like to call the Royals' and Chiefs' bluffs, I just have one thing to say: Thank God they aren't running the city or the county government. Because if they were, we would be losing more and more companies and would likely lose the Royals and Chiefs.

I can tell you one thing, we lose the Chiefs and the Royals both, I'm going to St. Louis because without them, we might as well be Omaha or Wichita.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCDevin wrote: I can tell you one thing, we lose the Chiefs and the Royals both, I'm going to St. Louis because without them, we might as well be Omaha or Wichita.
Hell you just made a more convincing threat to leave town than either of the teams have ever made. 
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCDevin wrote: I can tell you one thing, we lose the Chiefs and the Royals both, I'm going to St. Louis because without them, we might as well be Omaha or Wichita.
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCDevin wrote:
I can tell you one thing, we lose the Chiefs and the Royals both, I'm going to St. Louis because without them, we might as well be Omaha or Wichita.
Not sure I would stick around KC either if we lost MLB or both teams, but if I hear this one more time, I'm going to puke.

KC is a hundred times better than both those towns, with or without pro sports.