LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ARROWHEAD!!!!

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
BigSam
Pad site
Pad site

Re: LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ARROWHEAD!!!!

Post by BigSam »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Precisely why they won't leave.  80K people don't go to NFL games in LA or Phoenix or MIami.  So if Hunt wants to pack his bags and make a go of it in a town where he's NOT the one-trick pony, then hit the bricks, Lamar.

Hunt & Glass need to pay their fair share.  When did I say they should receive nothing?  That's rigth, I never did.  But for Glass-Hole to offer 25M in exchange for 200M+, is a complete and total joke.  He needs to put in 50-60M, and taxpayers should put in 150.

For Hunt, same deal.  YOu want 200M?  You put in 100M then.  Fair is fair.  That's all I'm asking for.
The reality is that if you move to L.A., under the current revenue structure of the NFL, you don't care if you get 50K to a game.  They redid revenue sharing when the Houston Texans were added.  Now, base ticket money and TV money is still shared.  However, skyboxes are not.  As a result, you toss in 200 skyboxes in L.A., and corporate money will buy those suckers for serious money (much more than K.C. with its few major business by comparison).  KC gouges for parking (that is where it makes an added $1 million are year it doesn't have to share).  However, by being in L.A., the difference on rent for about 4 skyboxes would make that $1 million alone.  Also, any new stadium design there would have far more boxes than Arrowhead does (where the numbers by comparison are quite paltry).

In the money picture of the current NFL landscape, attendence isn't that big of a deal.  It is the outside revenue steams that are not shared.  In addition, that money that is outside the shared system, if the salary cap can be removed (which several owners who are in the best position via skyboxes want) then part of it can be put into motion to acquire better players, creating a have and have not situation like we see in professional baseball.  If that happens, L.A. would sell out due to the superior product on the field.

Later,
Sam S.

Later,
Sam S.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Save your typing sam, kc people dont get the economics of sports, MLB, NFL or how KC fits into any of it.  They see 77k a game and think the Chiefs are going nowhere.  They see 16k a game at Kauffman and don't realize that the Royals still do more for this community than the Chiefs ever will.

You are right on with your posts though.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: I'll accept Vegas.

All have NBA teams already.  hence, in no better spot than KC would be for 2 franchises.

Smaller, much less regional income, and already has NFL.  Not a chance.

Overextended, plus, college sports/Nascar are huge expenses there already.

Already have a pro team, hence, a 2nd would be tough.

Nope.  Already have 2 teams, not bigger than KC, Indiana basketball is 30 min away.

He's not totally stupid.  A temporray, 3-5 year spike in attendance isn't a reason to move a team.  That's washed out by the benefit of having a team in a city 40+ years.  Don't underestimate how many Royals fans go today, b/c they went as kids.  New cities won't have that tradidton.
NFL has almost NO impact on whether a city can support MLB.  It's this simple, it's takes a huge population base to support MLB, that might come from a very large city or a large regional draw.

NBA or NHL would impact MLB more than NFL does.  Far more games, much more of a drain on local spending budets.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Anybody that votes yes on this issue is a freaking idiot...

I'm guessing that half of the people on here saying they will vote yes don't even have a vote..

Let's see... spend around $800 million to renovate two 30+ yr. old stadiums... OR get two new stadiums for about $950 million.

San Antonio, TX just introduced a financing plan to build a $350-$375 million dollar ballpark for the lowly Marlins. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... QUIT THINKING THE TEAMS ARE GOING TO LEAVE... DO YOUR RESEARCH AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.    VOTE NO

p.s. if you do have a vote, and are planning to vote yes... PM me and i'll tell you why you need to vote no.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

skim82 wrote: Anybody that votes yes on this issue is a freaking idiot...
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Someone who's got it.  Thank you.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

skim82 wrote:

Let's see... spend around $800 million to renovate two 30+ yr. old stadiums... OR get two new stadiums for about $950 million.

i just love the fabricated false numbers. 450m to renovate both. not 800m. the 200m roof is a seperate issue, to try and draw in a super bowl that will bring in about 200m in revenue to the city.
GRID wrote: Save your typing sam, kc people dont get the economics of sports, MLB, NFL or how KC fits into any of it. They see 77k a game and think the Chiefs are going nowhere. They see 16k a game at Kauffman and don't realize that the Royals still do more for this community than the Chiefs ever will.

You are right on with your posts though.
they don't grid, they have not spent enough time hanging out in richmond, omaha, louisville, charleston, other "big" cities that are not major league. let us lose either team, and they will see what the royals and chiefs do for us.
BigSam wrote: The reality is that if you move to L.A., under the current revenue structure of the NFL, you don't care if you get 50K to a game. They redid revenue sharing when the Houston Texans were added. Now, base ticket money and TV money is still shared. However, skyboxes are not. As a result, you toss in 200 skyboxes in L.A., and corporate money will buy those suckers for serious money (much more than K.C. with its few major business by comparison). KC gouges for parking (that is where it makes an added $1 million are year it doesn't have to share). However, by being in L.A., the difference on rent for about 4 skyboxes would make that $1 million alone. Also, any new stadium design there would have far more boxes than Arrowhead does (where the numbers by comparison are quite paltry).
dude, try a million for one sky box. have you seen how much courtside seats for the knicks and lakers go for? in ny, and la, easily, a mil for a sky box. however, it is moot. la does not even want a team. the nfl wants one there, to make themselves happy. but, with no sense of urgency to it, i do not see it happening anytime soon.
KCDevin wrote: If the Royals go, we still have the ability to get NBA or NHL. The Royals won't move Downtown, and if they leave, we can get another major league franchise that will be Downtown. Right now I do not believe we can support the NFL, MLB, MLS, AFL and NBA/NHL. St. Louis even has just NFL, MLB and NHL, yes like I've said many times before, they have more than 600,000 people than we do.
if kansas city loses major league baseball, you can count on it NEVER getting it back.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

GRID wrote: NFL has almost NO impact on whether a city can support MLB.  It's this simple, it's takes a huge population base to support MLB, that might come from a very large city or a large regional draw.

NBA or NHL would impact MLB more than NFL does.  Far more games, much more of a drain on local spending budets.
That's baloney to suggest the NFL has no impact on MLB support.  Give me a break.  At 80k x $70 x 10 games, that's a TON of entertainment money that is sucked out of the regional income.  There's only so much left to go around. 

There are 800K people that go to Chiefs games every year.  To say, "Yes but you would like 3x that for MLB" is silly b/c it doesn't factor in the tix price disparity.  Yeah, the Royals need 3x the fans the Chiefs do.  But at less than 1/3 the prices, it's a wash.  If the team was worth a piss, they'd draw 2M+ annually.

But MLB doesn't care about KC or the other 10 small markets.  So I say, piss on them.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Devin:

Please stop posting the same shit in different threads.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

and why? Some people may avoid other threads or might not visit them. Plus I can do what I want within the forum rules.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

While no rule specifically forbids double posting, it's definitely not appreciated and is regarded as annoying. Mods get rid of dupes.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

moved to own topic.....
Last edited by justin8216 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

moved to own topic.....
Last edited by justin8216 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.