Question 1

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

Shall the County of Jackson impose a countywide sales tax at the rate of three-eighths of one percent (3/8%) for a period of twenty-five years from the date on which such tax is first imposed for the purpose of improving, renovating and modernizing the Ha

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 96

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Question 1

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Almost as humorless as the lame "saveourdowntown" thread. 
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

To Bahua:

You can dish it out but you can't take it.

Better go home and cry on your momma's lap.  That is, if she will let you.

:P

PS  To Lenexa also.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: To Bahua:

You can dish it out but you can't take it.

Better go home and cry on your momma's lap.  That is, if she will let you.

:P

PS  To Lenexa also.
I can only dream of keeping up with such a razor fine wit.

#-o
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I can only dream of keeping up with such a razor fine wit.

#-o
i agree. you can only dream of that.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

interesting statement from tonight's panel discussion at the library: the chiefs' portion of the NFL broadcast rights pays the salaries for the entire team ($95m cap and they get $120m from NFL). i want to know where the hell the rest of that money is going when you throw down all that money for tickets? it ain't going to the paltry $450,000/year rent!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

DaveKCMO wrote: interesting statement from tonight's panel discussion at the library: the chiefs' portion of the NFL broadcast rights pays the salaries for the entire team ($95m cap and they get $120m from NFL). i want to know where the hell the rest of that money is going when you throw down all that money for tickets? it ain't going to the paltry $450,000/year rent!
the chiefs get 120m a year? something sounds fishy here, that means, that the nfl gets 3.3b annually? i thought it was a 1b package. your numbers are off dave.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i did say "statement", not "fact". has anyone heard other figures? this article from the washington times isn't complete clear on when the new 8-yr, $24b deal takes effect. however, assuming it eventually takes effect and 24 divided by 8 is 3, then 32 teams split $3b each year, that's about $94m for each team.

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060 ... -6052r.htm
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

DaveKCMO wrote: interesting statement from tonight's panel discussion at the library: the chiefs' portion of the NFL broadcast rights pays the salaries for the entire team ($95m cap and they get $120m from NFL). i want to know where the hell the rest of that money is going when you throw down all that money for tickets? it ain't going to the paltry $450,000/year rent!
Well, let's see.  Training Camp costs.  Travel costs.  Stadium operation costs.  Coaches salaries.  Scout costs.  Etc and etc.
Do the Chiefs turn a profit, yes. But from what I can remember from past news articles they are not in the upper levels of profits.  Lower 3rd if correct.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Well, let's see.  Training Camp costs.  Travel costs.  Stadium operation costs.  Coaches salaries.  Scout costs.  Etc and etc.
Do the Chiefs turn a profit, yes. But from what I can remember from past news articles they are not in the upper levels of profits.  Lower 3rd if correct.
doesnt matter. kansas city fans are unhappy unless owners are willing to underwrite tremendous losses, ewing kauffman set a kind of high standard on that one.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

With this non-scientific poll at this time with 91 votes:
Yes  52 votes
No    39 votes

Pretty amazing.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: With this non-scientific poll at this time with 91 votes:
Yes  52 votes
No    39 votes

Pretty amazing.
yes, but after it fails on tuesday, of course a downtown stadium will break ground later this year.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

As most probably know, I'd love to see a downtown ballpark, but that's not why I voted no to both questions today.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: As most probably know, I'd love to see a downtown ballpark, but that's not why I voted no to both questions today.
what did you vote on today? election is a week off.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: yes, but after it fails on tuesday, of course a downtown stadium will break ground later this year.
You are the only one that has even hinted that we should immediately build a downtown stadium if this fails.  Most here would rather see the basic renovations needed to complete the current leases.  Why must every post of yours be a distortion of either the truth or the facts?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

kcdcchef wrote: what did you vote on today? election is a week off.
I voted on the stadium ballot questions today. I will be helping my sister move from Cleveland to Boston on election day. I'm missing opening day too. :(
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Alright, which one of you put up the giant "VOTE NOW ON THE STADIUMS! DEMAND A BETTER PROPOSAL" sign in their yard on Ward Parkway next to all those SOS signs?  :D
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCMax wrote: Alright, which one of you put up the giant "VOTE NOW ON THE STADIUMS! DEMAND A BETTER PROPOSAL" sign in their yard on Ward Parkway next to all those SOS signs?  :D
Vote Now or Vote NO?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: You are the only one that has even hinted that we should immediately build a downtown stadium if this fails.  Most here would rather see the basic renovations needed to complete the current leases.  Why must every post of yours be a distortion of either the truth or the facts?
so you would support spending 100m now, then 1b later?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: so you would support spending 100m now, then 1b later?
The 1b would be in the future, so in current dollars, it may be only 600-700 million.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: The 1b would be in the future, so in current dollars, it may be only 600-700 million.
doubt it. stl stadium is 400m, dc is 621m, so, two brand new stadiums, if they break ground in 08 or beyond, will be 1b.

so, again, you support spending 100m now, and 1b later?