Renovation vs New?

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
hermit
Strip mall
Strip mall

Renovation vs New?

Post by hermit »

Does anyone know what the figures are for two new stadiums vs the renovated stadiums + the rolling roof?
I think the new stadiums were actually supposed to be cheaper but cannot find information to verify that.

edit:
oops, sorry.  I probably should have posted this in the "New Stadiums" forum.
Sprint© long-distance?
No, thank you.  I would prefer to have clowns fondle me.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Renovation vs New?

Post by im2kull »

Renovation = what...some 600 million tops...total for both buildings

New baseball (DT idea) = closing on 750 to easy 850 million....reasons...1. infrastructure..2.actual building...3.planning time and cost of materials and labor by the actual build time...increases ~10% each year

New football..anywhere from 500 million to almost a billion, depends on tons of factors.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Downtown Baseball.....Priceless
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

lock&load wrote: Downtown Baseball.....Priceless
That's somewhat of an ironic phrase to use, considering all the MasterCard offices I know of are in 'burbs.  :D  (O'Fallon, Missouri; Purchase, NY)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Not to mention the fact that the city would get absolutely evil about parking, for a downtown ballpark, and might even go as far as to say that existing parking cannot be included in the totals, just to roadblock the whole thing.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I wonder how St Louis handles parking for Busch Stadium.  I'd always parked in one of little private lots for $5 about half a mile south of the stadium.  There are probably more then 40 little lots down there with people waiving you to park in them.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

According to the KC Star, the full renovation for TSC, which they have endorsed:

1) $575 million basic renovation
2) $225 million rolling roof
3) $200 million maintenance subsidy over 25 years.

According to the DTC, new baseball downtown, which they DON'T endorse (they endorsed TSC):
1) $375 million, which included land acquisition at $40/sf and 10% annual construction cost increases escalated to 2009
2) $0 maintenance subsidy.

According to anti-downtown critics, new stadiums would cost:
1) $18,237,684,831,499.99  plus land acquistion, fourteen new river bridges, eight new interstates, four hundred twelve new parking garages, and new sidewalks for three new food cart vendors
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Kard wrote: I wonder how St Louis handles parking for Busch Stadium.  I'd always parked in one of little private lots for $5 about half a mile south of the stadium.  There are probably more then 40 little lots down there with people waiving you to park in them.
That's how it is in Baltimore. They pretty much have a TSC downtown with a football and baseball stadium, but there is more than ample parking. And the O's actually draw crowds of 25,000 unlike the Royals. I used to drive up from Northern Virginia, park for less than I do at Kauffman (usually $5-7) and walk less than I do at the TSC to get to the game (usually 5-10 blocks).
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

The last Cubs game I went to, I parked behind a green grocer's for $20, a miile away, and was giggling as I handed over the twenty.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

So mmm, whats the BBQ like in these parking lots...

Is it true! no tailgaiting at these DT stadiums I hear all the fuss about.  Oh snap! I must be living under a rock!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: That's how it is in Baltimore. They pretty much have a TSC downtown with a football and baseball stadium, but there is more than ample parking. And the O's actually draw crowds of 25,000 unlike the Royals. I used to drive up from Northern Virginia, park for less than I do at Kauffman (usually $5-7) and walk less than I do at the TSC to get to the game (usually 5-10 blocks).

i used to drive up from dc, i never paid under $7, ever. either way, 5-10 blocks is accurate.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D