www.saveourstadiums.com

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: www.saveourstadiums.com

Post by KCMax »

lock&load wrote: Free to us JaCoers.  If I have to drive out to a stadium in a sea of parking, wouldn't it be in MY best interest that taxpayers in another area foot the bill?  I could not care less where the location of a suburban stadium is.  JaCo, JoCo, WyCo, whatever.  I sure as hell don't want to pay for it though.
=D> If people are sick of JoCo freeloading, then why not vote this thing down and give JoCo the opportunity to "steal" the Chiefs away like they steal all these other KC businesses?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: you would not have to. it will be just like the tax breaks and freebies kansas gives to all of the other missouri business they steal. it would be free to you. like now.
Thanks for helping make the case to vote no. 
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: you would not have to. it will be just like the tax breaks and freebies kansas gives to all of the other missouri business they steal. it would be free to you. like now.
you make no sense.  i live in JaCo and make most of my purchases here, therefore I would be supporting the stadiums if this tax passes.  no thanks.  try again
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Courtesy carfreekc:

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the site is working.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KansasCityCraka wrote: If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the site is working.
Yes...I'm already getting scared...thinking of...voting...yes...now.....gaahhhhh!!

Btw, bahua.  That is FUNNY.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

beautyfromashes wrote: I don't really like people telling me I can't do something. I'm sure there is someone who could spearhead this, at least enough to get yardsigns.  I will personally donate enough to buy 500 yard signs.  Who likes a challenge?
From the Missouri Ethics website.....http://www.moethics.mo.gov/Ethics/CampF ... nance.aspx

Campaign committee - formed by an individual (other than a candidate) or group of individuals to support or oppose the qualification and passage of one or more particular ballot measures in an election or the retention of judges under the nonpartisan court plan
must be formed no later than 30 days prior to the election for which the committee receives contributions or makes expenditures.
shall terminate the later of 30 days after the election or upon the satisfaction of all committee debt after the general election.
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

dangerboy wrote: You can make whatever signs you want on your own, create your own web site, etc. The legal issue is raising money. You have to create a campaign committee if you want to take donations.

BTW, whoever suggested removing the other side's signs... That's illegal. People have gone to jail for doing it.
Per January 7, 2000 memorandum from former City Manager Robert Collins, the city's established policy on this matter is as follows, "signs which are known to be in the public right-of-way may be removed voluntarily without the City's consent or authorization."  However, the City does NOT offer protection from sign owners to citizens or neighborhood groups who voluntarily remove signs in the public right-of-way.
kcdcchef wrote: yeah, i called the city of kcmo today, and talked to them, they have NEVER heard of this.
Whomever you called probably missed the memo.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

TheNorthlander wrote: From the Missouri Ethics website.....http://www.moethics.mo.gov/Ethics/CampF ... nance.aspx

Campaign committee - formed by an individual (other than a candidate) or group of individuals to support or oppose the qualification and passage of one or more particular ballot measures in an election or the retention of judges under the nonpartisan court plan
must be formed no later than 30 days prior to the election for which the committee receives contributions or makes expenditures.
shall terminate the later of 30 days after the election or upon the satisfaction of all committee debt after the general election.
go into laws on books that are not enforced, and you will find ordinances that make sodomy illegal, outlaw talking to an unmarried woman, crossing main street with the sun up, on and on. the state of mississippi did not formally abolish slavery until 2001. i kid you not. no, they did not have it, but the state still had laws on the books, and did NOTHING to reverse it with new laws in the 18 or 1900's, they just complied with the federal mandate. so, yeah, great 30 day find, noone will enforce it. good luck, that would mean all those bush cheney and kerry edwards signs you see in august of 04 were breaking the laws.

and by the way, that does not specifically state that i cannot have a campaign sign on my lawn in jackson county. it says nothing.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

kcdcchef wrote: and by the way, that does not specifically state that i cannot have a campaign sign on my lawn in jackson county. it says nothing.
I was citing info on PACs in Missouri; my post wasn't about yard signs.  That was a different post.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

bahua wrote: Courtesy carfreekc:

I'm not going to say that I hate that man's guts.  I'm just not going to do it.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

KansasCityCraka wrote: If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the site is working.
SOB, the site says it will be coming soon, yet again.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The site has been updated:

There is no Plan “D.â€
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Took off the endorsement from the downtown council too.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Who is Freedom, Inc.?

Their endorsements page reads like the To: tag on a present.  Sheesh.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Kard wrote: Who is Freedom, Inc.?
Must be new to KC?  They are the powerful African American political group.  Their endorsement basically equates to an endorsement from the majority of the black political establishment.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

dangerboy wrote: Must be new to KC?  They are the powerful African American political group.  Their endorsement basically equates to an endorsement from the majority of the black political establishment.
The Freedom, Inc. "endorsement" is a scam.  Except for a rare exception, in order to get Freedom, Inc. to "endorse" anything, you have to pay it money.  It sells its "endorsement" to the highest bidder. 

Check the future financial filings for Save Our Stadiums and eventually, it will report $$$ being transferred to Freedom, Inc. for "voter education" or some bullshit like that.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

TheNorthlander wrote: The Freedom, Inc. "endorsement" is a scam.  Except for a rare exception, in order to get Freedom, Inc. to "endorse" anything, you have to pay it money.  It sells its "endorsement" to the highest bidder. 

Check the future financial filings for Save Our Stadiums and eventually, it will report $$$ being transferred to Freedom, Inc. for "voter education" or some bullshit like that.
Very true, but it's still an important rubber stamp that does generate a lot of votes in the black community.  Or more accurately,  it would be hard to get those if Freedom actively opposed you.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

dangerboy wrote: Must be new to KC?  They are the powerful African American political group.  Their endorsement basically equates to an endorsement from the majority of the black political establishment.
New?  Sorta.

I had googled their name and didn't come up with anything.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator