www.saveourstadiums.com

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Re: www.saveourstadiums.com

Post by TheNorthlander »

www.saveourstadiums.com wrote:
Every imaginable option or alternative has been discussed over the past several months, from the Chiefs moving to Kansas to the Royals moving to a downtown baseball stadium. These are fantasies, conjured up by those who want escape the reality that it is our obligation as owners of the Truman Sports Complex to maintain and improve it.
Message from STL: If you like urban baseball, please come to our city!

Message from KC: If you like urban baseball, forget it.  It's a "fantasy."
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

TheNorthlander wrote: The Freedom, Inc. "endorsement" is a scam.  Except for a rare exception, in order to get Freedom, Inc. to "endorse" anything, you have to pay it money.  It sells its "endorsement" to the highest bidder. 
dangerboy wrote: Very true
WTF?!?!?!?  I'm tryin not to play the race card, but damn!  WHAT POLITICAL GROUP DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PURCHASED?  With the few exceptions of ones funded by very wealthy corprarations,  In which they still get something in return; promise of tax compensation or some kind of crooked bill passed that will benefit the backers of their group.
Last edited by MidWestSider on Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

Save Our Stadiums latest Campaign Finance Report is now online......

http://www.mec.mo.gov/CampaignFinanceRe ... yYear=2006

They have raised $225,000.  $100K from the Chiefs, $100K from the Royals, and $25K from The Chamber. They have not received one dime from a private citizen so far, not Barnes, not Shields, not even the Chef!

I see Steve Glorioso got paid his usual "fee" of $5000 and several 610 radio personalities have been bought as well.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Danni Boatwright--- Radio Talent?

"The tribe has spoken, and you're an idiot"
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Marty Wall is "talent"?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Marty Wall is "talent"?
He needs to go back to spinning Bad Company records. He's getting up there with Danny the Clink in terms of KU alums that I dislike.  Of course, that doesn't mean sh&t.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

TheNorthlander wrote: They have raised $225,000.  $100K from the Chiefs, $100K from the Royals, and $25K from The Chamber. They have not received one dime from a private citizen so far, not Barnes, not Shields, not even the Chef!
let's see a website showing somewhere you sent your cash. i will not be donating to this, i am on their email distribution list, and have had 20 signs distributed amongst my family.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

kcdcchef wrote: let's see a website showing somewhere you sent your cash. i will not be donating to this, i am on their email distribution list, and have had 20 signs distributed amongst my family.
I did for the arena.  I will write a check on the spot for a good plan.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

TheNorthlander wrote: I did for the arena.  I will write a check on the spot for a good plan.
you had no choice. the campaign did not get subsidized by sports teams.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

The teams have pledged to contribute $800,000 to the campagin. 

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 947450.htm

Instead of investing in the stadiums or teams themselves, they'd rather invest in raping the taxpayers.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I guess 810 just discovered the campaign finance disclosure report. They are hammering 610 for employing people who got paid by SaveOurStadiums and endorse the renovations.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I guess 810 just discovered the campaign finance disclosure report. They are hammering 610 for employing people who got paid by SaveOurStadiums and endorse the renovations.
they should hammer themselves for broadcasting from joco studios, eating in their joco restaurant, living in their joco homes, then, going on air everyday preaching how jacko residents should build a brand new stadium, then, if they can talk the voters into building a 500m stadium downtown, oh yeah, we intend to build an $800k restaurant downtown.

bashing someone else over a situation you could have HELPED 2 years ago. hypocrites.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

You're right Chef. 810 should move their studios to Pittsburgh and instead post here every day telling Jackson County residents how to spend their money.

You know, you could have helped the downtown situation by moving here too. I find it incredible that you're calling them out on this.

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCMax wrote: You're right Chef. 810 should move their studios to Pittsburgh and instead post here every day telling Jackson County residents how to spend their money.

You know, you could have helped the downtown situation by moving here too. I find it incredible that you're calling them out on this.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

hyp-o-crite
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

KCMax wrote: You're right Chef. 810 should move their studios to Pittsburgh and instead post here every day telling Jackson County residents how to spend their money.

At least he's actually lived downtown.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: they should hammer themselves for broadcasting from joco studios, eating in their joco restaurant, living in their joco homes, then, going on air everyday preaching how jacko residents should build a brand new stadium, then, if they can talk the voters into building a 500m stadium downtown, oh yeah, we intend to build an $800k restaurant downtown.

bashing someone else over a situation you could have HELPED 2 years ago. hypocrites.
Chef - you of all people ought to know that 800k won't even be the downpayment on the total investment when 810 opens their downtown studio/restaurant (yeah I have seen enough to say with confidence that this is happening but I am not saying how).  I love seeing your rediculous rationalization for bashing a local company that is going to be a major asset to downtown revitalization and the success of the P&L, all on the grounds that they opened in JoCo first.  

What is even more rediculous is that you would use this as an excuse for their competitor to completely flush every ounce of journalistic ethics they had down the crapper by taking money from political groups to skew their reporting.  Explain to us just why we are supposed to overlook 610's journalistic shenanigans and how they are in anyway excused by the fact that their competitor is going to invest a fortune downtown.  
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Look, I didn't mean to get all personal on Chef. I just sick of the JoCo bashing, particularly from someone who doesn't even live in the community anymore. Kietz has been a huge downtown proponent, from the Arena to the Stadium. There are ton of listeners that probably wouldn't even know about P&L were it not for Kietzman. To bash him simply because he built one little restaurant in Leawood is kinda silly.

Chef doesn't live in KC anymore for economic reasons and that's fine. Kietzman didnt' build his first restaurant downtown or put his offices down there for economic reasons. There really isn't a reason to bash either for those decisions.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i lived, and worked, by my own free will, in downtown kansas city FOR CLOSE TO 12 YEARS. how much time you spent living downtown?

you are right max, i live in pittsburgh, you love to point it out every post you get.

but here is the thing, i flaunt my opinion on the subject in this, and 2 other kc based forums. i do not TELL people how they SHOULD vote or live every day. kevin keitzman and his other cronies do. i have had the pleasure of listening to between the lines in the last 3 weeks, and heard libo in his place when kietz was off, spewing the same venim. and they POUND IT AT YOU HOW TO VOTE ON IT.

so, max, here is my question, how is 810, fleeing to do their business across the state line, when, they could have opened a restaurant and a studio downtown, telling jackson county taxpayers how to vote, similar to me moving to the east coast 12 years ago for my career, similar?

i am glad you feel the need to point out i live outside the metro every day, and keep on doing it. it is not relevant to this topic, or any other you throw it out, but, by all means, keep on doing it.

when do you think the last time kevin kietzman ate at the savoy grill? had drinks at bar natasha? shopped at city market? ate at the woodswether cafe? worked for 5 days at the crown center ice terrace? PAID for tickets to the royals? PAID for tickets to the chiefs? dined at circe? went to the velvet dog? went to first fridays twice? I HAVE DONE ALL THIS SHIT WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS, YOU THINK KIETZ HAS DONE ANY OF THAT?
KCMax wrote:
Chef doesn't live in KC anymore for economic reasons and that's fine. Kietzman didnt' build his first restaurant downtown or put his offices down there for economic reasons. There really isn't a reason to bash either for those decisions.
no, i am not calling kietz out because of a silly ass little ks vs. mo thing. kietz has a HUGE audience max. HUGE. he moblized THOUSANDS to go to the share the wealth, and share the wealth II, i know, because he mobilized me from 1,300 miles out ( washington dc ) to come to both, and the second one, took up ALL of the old right field GA, plus spilled well into the field box, there were almost 7,000 people in on that demonstration, on 2 days notice. 2. including a listener who took 2 days off and flew in. me. so, his voice is big, and his audience is loyal. that is my beef. now, i do not agree with you on how many know about the p&l because of him, but here is my point. if you are behind the arena 100%, your voice is on the air everyday pimping it, and you are a proponent of dt and the p&l, why not get in on the ground floor? the halls, kempers, blochs, and DST have all done that over the last 30 years, and continue to, your audience, and ratings are HUGE, why not build your studios, and restaurant, in the heart of the city you cover, and then, further, convince your loyal followers to come out to eat and watch?

you know  why? because he said it himself. downtown kansas city is dead. at night, there is NOONE ( he said it with a lot of bass, and damn loud ) NOONE there. now, i have been dt about 7 times last year. i do not agree. quality hill, crossroads, river market, i went to all of those places, and they were always busy as shit. so, why would kietz go on his show, perpetuate the suburban myth that there is nothing to do dt, when a listener calls in and calls him on why not open down there ( me ) and he says that same toxic shit, and i called him out on what i just said, others have been visionairies, why could you not have been one, he went silent for 3 seconds, and said, well, if we had it to do over again, perhaps.

yeah, jacko residents, listen to someone who is not even there where the taxes are, and refused to help the area where the taxes are.
Last edited by kcdcchef on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I can't speak for where Kietzman spends his dollars. I'd say he also doesn't tell people how to vote. He is definitely against the renovations and argues against it, but he allows people for the renovations to talk all the time and has guests for the renovations on all the time.

My only point was, let's not be pointing fingers at people that could have helped downtown by moving there, yet still give their opinions on the stadiums, when the same situation applies to you, that's all. Its great that you used to live here, but would you think any differently of Kietzman if he lived downtown for 12 years back in the 80s?

Regardless, I think you're only mad at Kietz because of his stance on the stadiums. After all, aren't 610's studios in Westwood?
Last edited by KCMax on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I can't speak for where Kietzman spends his dollars. I'd say he also doesn't tell people how to vote. He is definitely against the renovations and argues against it, but he allows people for the renovations to talk all the time and has guests for the renovations on all the time.

My only point was, let's not be pointing fingers at people that could have helped downtown by moving there, yet still give their opinions on the stadiums, when the same situation applies to you, that's all. Its great that you used to live here, but would you think any differently of Kietzman if he lived downtown for 12 years back in the 80s?
number one, it was the nineties.

number two, no, every time someone in favor of tsc is on his show, unless it is mr. glass, he tries to kill their mike

number three, the same situation does not apply. i STILL spend more money then kietzman downtown and i live 1000 miles away. and i can speak for where kietzman spends his dollars, he says it on the air, when anyone asks him about downtown right now, he makes it CLEAR that it is dead, nothing to do, and he does not go downtown. he MAKES IT CLEAR. he told me so himself on the air when i call in, when i tried to nail his ass in the corner on the subject of downtown, he made it crystal clear he does not go dt, nothing to do, and DEAD, in his words.

and again, i will point fingers at the biggest sports radio personality who makes a living covering the royals, the chiefs, the brigade, the only topics he covers not in mo are the raceway ( what, 6 events a year? ) and ku. so, he makes his money, and ratings, overwhelmingly covering missouri events, had a chance to open a restaurant and studio downtown, and turned tail, and ran. yeah, i can point the finger at that, and you should too. me, moving to make the scale for a fine dining chef,  who, would come back if i got the fair offer there, are two different things.

kietz will ONLY come back to dt, or come there in GENERAL AS HE HAS NEVER LIVED THERE, if the taxpayers of jacko spend a billion on an arena and a stadium FIRST. then, union broadcasting will spend 800k to 1m to build studios and a restaurant. yeah, i can and will point the finger.

but do not worry, you can keep on making it personal, and calling out where i live, even though i spend more than that asswipe in kcmo.