www.saveourstadiums.com

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: www.saveourstadiums.com

Post by kcdcchef »

kucer wrote: jeebus, you're putting KK in the same crowd as those folks? get some freakin' perspective dude. not close. isn't Jerry Green the real player? you gonna call him out?

as others have mentioned, KK has done plenty for downtown. plenty more than your posts from pittsburgh.
glad to see lockandload has got disciples now. good for him.

kietz has done nothing for downtown. he has nothing to do with the sprint center, he did what every other radio personality in kc has done for 15 years, barked for a new arena. he did nothing. he did not donate to the campaign ( his words, not mine ) and has nothing to do with any other current development.

to put him in with the halls, and blochs, and kempers, is viable. no, he does not have their money. but, his voice can make a lot of money change hands, when your audience is that big, all you have to do is tell your audience to support a restaurant and studios downtown, and they would, kietz has been responsible for ten thousand or mobilizing before, so, he can do it.

further, he is a part owner of union, so, and is thier biggest radio personality. yes, he could have had an impact. he chose not to.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

his voice can make a lot of money change hands, when your audience is that big, all you have to do is tell your audience to support a restaurant and studios downtown, and they would, kietz has been responsible for ten thousand or mobilizing before, so, he can do it
first you say he did squat for downtown. but you say the above.

his voice was pro-Sprint Arena, pro downtown baseball etc...or downgraded to "bark" as you say....
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

kucer wrote: first you say he did squat for downtown. but you say the above.

his voice was pro-Sprint Arena, pro downtown baseball etc...or downgraded to "bark" as you say....
the arena had shit to do with KK. the city wanted it for years, this was just the first logistically good plan that came to a referendum. so, he had nothing to do with that, althought, supported it.

how is sitting behind a microphone supporting something everyone else is, doing something for downtown? he is taking a side on the dt stadium issue, but answer this for me there kucer, if he is so much for downtown, why not build there 2 years ago when he had the chance? the arena was coiming, he knew he would someday get behind a stadium, so, why not?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'm not exactly sure what you want Kietz to do. He has a mike, and he's using it to pimp downtown projects. He doesn't own a controlling interest of 810, so I don't know why you're blaming the location of their studios on him. I don't even know if he owns a controlling interest in the restaurant. He's not doing as much as I would like him to do, but he's certainly doing more than most people, including you and me.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Everytime I see one of those yard signs, I wish that they'd make one that reads: "Save our billionaire's vacation homes"
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

JoCo suks. Yes, that's an omitted C.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

If I lived in Jackson County and were over 18 (hey, I will be soon), i would definitely vote yes on both.

I do not believe the threats aren't real. They may move out of Jackson County, but they won't move to Clay county, nor any county in Missouri. Having the Chiefs in Kansas just wouldn't be the same, it'd encourage further movement to areas like JoCo, potentially hurting Downtown more than any companies moving to JoCo could ever do.

The reality is this:
No Downtown Stadium as long as David Glass is the owner of the Royals... They are against moving Downtown, as well as against using the rolling roof. The Downtown stadium isn't a reality, it's only a vision and probably won't happen, though we would love it to. It's a fantasy as far as Glass is concerned.

Most of you do not realize the importance of the rolling roof. The ballot on April 5th will not address renovations to the TSC, but also the rolling roof. Lamar Hunt said himself that without the TSC renovations, the rolling roof will not become a reality, even if that portion of the question passes.

It's your choice, a Super Bowl in Kansas City in about 10 years? Or a Downtown Stadium?

I take the Super Bowl...

The reason is this:
The Royals aren't a team worthy of keeping. As much as I like them, and I like MLB, they aren't a good team to have around when you can trade the Royals for an NHL or NBA team. The likely result is that we will not get either NBA nor NHL if we keep the Royals. If we kick the Royals out, or let them leave. We can keep the Chiefs, and they can pass as many things as they want to.

This is what we need to do in the future...
Get rid of the Royals, let them move to a larger baseball market.
Attract an NHL or NBA team to Kansas City, even if it's an expansion team.
Renovate Arrowhead and build the rolling roof, even if the team doesn't pay that much.

Then we will have the NHL/NBA team located Downtown in the heart of Downtown no less. Attracting up to 18,000 people per game. Plus The Brigade attracting just as many as it does now.

Once the Super Bowl rolls around, KC will have increased it's hotel space significantly as well as it's convention space.
We will have our "15 minutes of fame" for the Super Bowl... (and possibly be in the running for another one)

Plus we will have even more opportunites with the increased hotel and convention space, as well as a popular arena and a great renovated stadium with a roof that can be retracted.

In the end, we will have this:
1. A Super Bowl in 10 years, with possibility of another in the far future.
2. Increased Convention Space
3. More Hotels
4. A popular arena used by a major league franchise and a popular Arena Football franchise
5. More potential for businesses and residents (with increased events around the city and Downtown)

The alternative is this:
1. No Super Bowl
2. Convention Space may increase over a longer time
3. Slightly more hotels, increase with city demand
4. A popular arena used by only a popular Arena Footbal League
5. Possibility of Chiefs moving somewhere in Kansas, even JoCo, hurting Downtown. Or staying at an aging Arrowhead, or leaving alltogether (last resort).
6. Royals could stay at a decrepit stadium, move Downtown or leave.

Not saying those are GOING to happen, just trying to illustrate my point.
Last edited by KCDevin on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I can't speak for where Kietzman spends his dollars. I'd say he also doesn't tell people how to vote. He is definitely against the renovations and argues against it, but he allows people for the renovations to talk all the time and has guests for the renovations on all the time.
i finally got to the bottom of this shit. kietzman, or as whitlock calls him, the new don, has been babbling for days about how he is a jackson county taxpayer for months now. finally, today, it is in the paper. he invested in a loft at the western auto building, along with 3 other owners of union broadcasting.

the amount of kietzmans investment? $5,000. that is why he feels he is entitled to speak so much about downtown affairs, and tell you jackson county taxpayers how to vote so much.

glad to know that. i donated $2,500 to hasf 2 years ago, and $1,000 more last summer, coupled with my $500 donation to harvesters, and other spending sprees, hell, i guess now i can get a mike at a kc radio station and live far away from downtown, like kietz, and tell everyone how to vote.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I don't understand chef. Because Kietz lives in JoCo, he should just ignore this subject altogether? He shouldn't be talking about the stadium issue? If he was for the stadium renovations, and you were for downtown, you'd be accusing him of pandering to the suburbs. If he ignored the issue, and you were for downtown, you'd get on him for ignoring downtown. He just can't win. Face it, the only reason you're calling him out is because you don't like his stance. If he were for the renovations, you'd have no problem with this.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I don't understand chef. Because Kietz lives in JoCo, he should just ignore this subject altogether? He shouldn't be talking about the stadium issue? If he was for the stadium renovations, and you were for downtown, you'd be accusing him of pandering to the suburbs. If he ignored the issue, and you were for downtown, you'd get on him for ignoring downtown. He just can't win. Face it, the only reason you're calling him out is because you don't like his stance. If he were for the renovations, you'd have no problem with this.
i like kietz. i like kietz's show. i do not like anyone who had their chance to help make downtown go a couple of year back, refused to, and spends all his time telling others how to make it go
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

I actually can't stand Kietz most of the time and I don't think his rationale that he owns a little piece of property in Jackson County entitles him to any say.  Nor do I think he's right when he babbles about how people living outside of Jackson County should have a say just because they spend money in Jackson County.  I don't live there and I can't vote on the issue.  I have no problem accepting that.

However, I do believe this is probably the biggest sports related issue in the metro and he is a host on a sports radio show so he is obligated to talk about it.  He is also entitled to have an opinion and part of his job includes offering his own view of the situation.  Other than the crapola about him thinking he and other non-residents should be able to be included in the outcome of this debacle, I think he has made numerous points that are very valid and raised a lot of good questions.  Questions that every Jackson County official seems to want to tap dance around without giving a clear and concise answer to.  They owe it to the residents of Jackson County to answer these questions honestly and completely.  Since they seem hell bent on doing just the opposite of that, I hope that the voters remember that when these deceptive turds seek re-election.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Thrillcekr wrote: I actually can't stand Kietz most of the time and I don't think his rationale that he owns a little piece of property in Jackson County entitles him to any say.  Nor do I think he's right when he babbles about how people living outside of Jackson County should have a say just because they spend money in Jackson County.  I don't live there and I can't vote on the issue.  I have no problem accepting that.

However, I do believe this is probably the biggest sports related issue in the metro and he is a host on a sports radio show so he is obligated to talk about it.  He is also entitled to have an opinion and part of his job includes offering his own view of the situation.  Other than the crapola about him thinking he and other non-residents should be able to be included in the outcome of this debacle, I think he has made numerous points that are very valid and raised a lot of good questions.  Questions that every Jackson County official seems to want to tap dance around without giving a clear and concise answer to.  They owe it to the residents of Jackson County to answer these questions honestly and completely.  Since they seem hell bent on doing just the opposite of that, I hope that the voters remember that when these deceptive turds seek re-election.
I think that for the majority of us, it doesnt matter how much people say or advertise, we already have our own ideas planted in our heads, and many of us will never change our beliefs because of what someone else says.  It takes a book of holy proportions to do that.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Wallace T Hardcopy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Wallace T Hardcopy »

"saveourstadiums.com" is just a cheap forgery of all our hard work. Give credit where's it's due!
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Wallace T Hardcopy wrote: "saveourstadiums.com" is just a cheap forgery of all our hard work. Give credit where's it's due!
ahh. an alter ego of another forum member. boo hiss. you are not rookie of the year. i do not love you.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

So with the new supposively moving roofs. Does it effect Temperature ? Say its zero degree at the football stadium and snowing. Wont it still be zero degree in the stadium without the snow ? 
Or at the ballgame. If it's like 100 degrees , but with the moving roof overhead will it cut down the temperature and what about the flow of wind ?
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I'd expect the temperature to be higher inside for the simple reason because you have 80,000 people in an enclosed area. vs 80,000 people in an open air area.

The main concern is bad weather, you can keep snow and rain from getting on the field during a Super Bowl.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Paintfumes wrote: So with the new supposively moving roofs. Does it effect Temperature ? Say its zero degree at the football stadium and snowing. Wont it still be zero degree in the stadium without the snow ? 
Or at the ballgame. If it's like 100 degrees , but with the moving roof overhead will it cut down the temperature and what about the flow of wind ?
they only plan to use the roof for rain. cold, and snow, roof will be open. they will control it for the superbowl..

however, i feel the roof part will fail.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Paintfumes wrote: So with the new supposively moving roofs. Does it effect Temperature ? Say its zero degree at the football stadium and snowing. Wont it still be zero degree in the stadium without the snow ? 
I've heard it will allow for climate control, but it may take some setting up beforehand to do so.  The original redo of the roof in January said it would take about a month to set up, but HOK got it down to just a little while...a day or something?  So if it's zero outside of Arrowhead, it should be warmer inside with body-heat alone.  But for complete climate control, like for a Final Four game, it would be room-temperature, like a dome.  But like Chef implied, only for big events.  Regular games would just shield rain.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Why do you think it will fail?