www.saveourstadiums.com

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: www.saveourstadiums.com

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: me, moving to make the scale for a fine dining chef,  who, would come back if i got the fair offer there, are two different things.
This is bullshit.  You do not want to see the similarity of the situations, but everyone else does.  KK and 810 made an economic decision to locate where they did, just like you.  That is really all there is to it.  Any other facts and statistics and feelings you want to throw into it are nothing but distractors.

You vilify KK for not waiting to come downtown until it is the happening place to be, yet you just said you would come back "if i got the fair offer there."  You are a hypocrite.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: but do not worry, you can keep on making it personal, and calling out where i live, even though i spend more than that asswipe in kcmo.
You are spending millions to open a restaurant downtown?  I would have thought you would have started a thread on that topic. 
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Chef, no one cares about your blowhard posts and what your viewpoint is on everything.  Give your attempts at self glorification a rest. I'm tired of everything you post being about your personal opinion or a measured attempt at talking about yourself.  You really have nothing to say.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: You are spending millions to open a restaurant downtown?  I would have thought you would have started a thread on that topic. 
no, just what i spend on trips. kietzman does not spend that. as of now, he is SPENDING NOTHING on kcmo, and he says so.
KCMax wrote: . After all, aren't 610's studios in Westwood?
who is 610's biggest voice? whitlock? where does he live? live and work, no, but live? and besides, he does not spend 50% of his show every week pimping it, pro or con.
beautyfromashes wrote: Chef, no one cares about your blowhard posts and what your viewpoint is on everything. Give your attempts at self glorification a rest. I'm tired of everything you post being about your personal opinion or a measured attempt at talking about yourself. You really have nothing to say.
get a life. do not worry about me. i never think of you.
lock&load wrote:
You vilify KK for not waiting to come downtown until it is the happening place to be, yet you just said you would come back "if i got the fair offer there."  You are a hypocrite.
i am a hypocrite. i am. yeah. sure lock. i stay and eat and screw around downtown almost a month out of the year. kietz does not. yet i am the hypocrite.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: who is 610's biggest voice? whitlock? where does he live? live and work, no, but live? and besides, he does not spend 50% of his show every week pimping it, pro or con.
How truly out of touch you are with KC, Whitlock has been gone for a LONG time.
kcdcchef wrote: i am a hypocrite. i am. yeah. sure lock. i stay and eat and screw around downtown almost a month out of the year. kietz does not. yet i am the hypocrite.
What KK does or does not do doesn't determine whether or not you are a hypocrite.  You are calling someone out for the same thing you are doing.  Hypocrite.   No one cares how many freaking times you eat at the Woodsweather cafe.  Get over it already.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: How truly out of touch you are with KC, Whitlock has been gone for a LONG time.

What KK does or does not do doesn't determine whether or not you are a hypocrite.  You are calling someone out for the same thing you are doing.  Hypocrite.   No one cares how many freaking times you eat at the Woodsweather cafe.  Get over it already.
who cares about you period??

point, which, you cannot comeback on, which, is why you stopped to attempting to dog me, is i spend more in the city then kietz. point. match.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

lock&load wrote: How truly out of touch you are with KC, Whitlock has been gone for a LONG time.

Its worse - he is calling out someone who is doing much, much more for downtown, than 10,000 trips to the Woodsweather or the ice terrace could ever do.  
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

You guys need to go spend some time in the pets thread.

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/i ... topic=7988
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Its worse - he is calling out someone who is doing much, much more for downtown, than 10,000 trips to the Woodsweather or the ice terrace could ever do.  
what does he do for downtown? name one thing.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

kcdcchef wrote: what does he do for downtown? name one thing.
He makes me dislike JoCo more, directing my efforts to Downtown.  :D
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: what does he do for downtown? name one thing.
-Invests in property downtown
-Supports the Sprint Center vote
-Supports a downtown stadium
-Brings attention to the Power & Light District
-Carries UMKC games, hosts 810 night at the Muni, other UMKC rallies
-If LeawoodtoKCMO is right, will be opening a restaurant downtown
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: who cares about you period??

point, which, you cannot comeback on, which, is why you stopped to attempting to dog me, is i spend more in the city then kietz. point. match.
what?  stopped attempting to dog you?  you are full of shit.  100% full of shit.  we are all healthier in kansas city just because we don't have to smell it oozing out of your mouth.  I always wondered why we had so many 25 cent days on the Metro...it is because chef was back in town eating for the one millionth time at the woodsweather cafe.  Oh, and trying to ice skate outsite in the middle of July and wondering why he kept falling on his ass. you are full of shit.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: -Invests in property downtown
what property did kietz invest in? i hear him talking about it, i have yet to see it
KCMax wrote: -Carries UMKC games, hosts 810 night at the Muni, other UMKC rallies
no different then broadcasting royals games, and chiefs news.

none of this shows an investment in downtown. i support the sprint center, so, who cares. there is NO investment in downtown here, and further, this is a guy, that you are defending mind you, that goes on his show and talks about how dead downtown is, and there is nothing to do. so, i take it by your defense of him, you agree??

lock, take all those shots at me you wish, it does not phase me. it is amazing how bitter, and angry, some of you get over my refusal to get on your side on the stadium issue.
how out of touch with kc are you? whitlock writes for the star, used to be on the air on 610, and 610 and the star generally work together. kietz was even talking about that on the air today, when, he referenced whitlock as "that rather large guy over there"
Last edited by kcdcchef on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: what property did kietz invest in? i hear him talking about it, i have yet to see it
you won't be able to miss it
kcdcchef wrote: no different then broadcasting royals games, and chiefs news.
Actually very different.  810 has made a very big effort to boost UMKC coverage and programing to a far more prominent level.  Probably not the biggest money maker. 
kcdcchef wrote: goes on his show and talks about how dead downtown is, and there is nothing to do. so, i take it by your defense of him, you agree??
Come on.  He is speaking from the perspective of someone who wants there to be more going on downtown, not someone who doesn't care about downtown.  I don't think it is out of the question that some of the biggest downtown boosters on this site would be above complaining that there still isn't near enough going on downtown most nights.  I live there and I can tell you that there are still plenty of nights where it is dead as a doornail, without signs of people for blocks - does that make me anti-downtown for saying it? 
KCMax wrote: -If LeawoodtoKCMO is right,
:lol:  If I had started out in Leawood I would have moved sooner. 
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Kard wrote: "Keep the teams!"

I didn't know they were leaving.  They've enlisted Karl Rove!!  USE FEAR!!!!!!!
That's exactly what they're doing and PPA hit the nail right on the head.  This is a very bad deal.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

beautyfromashes wrote: I want a big green yardsign that says, "GREED!" Vote no on question 1.
Maybe they should enlist the help of the yellow sign man.  The guy that puts up all the signs about KC rigging land appraisals and stealing property.  That dude is a sign making fool.  Those things are everywhere north of the river.

As far as nobody caring about what Chef says, I say you are wrong.  Speak for yourself.  I don't agree with his opinion but he has the right to have one just like everyone else.  By calling him names, speaking for everyone else on the board, and cutting him down for having a different opinion it sort of makes you sound like the one whose a blowhard. 
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote:   I live there and I can tell you that there are still plenty of nights where it is dead as a doornail, without signs of people for blocks - does that make me anti-downtown for saying it? 

i come there often, and see the same. but even on those dead nights, i can still drive by the quaff, and see it half full, or hoof it past zin and 1924 and see they have a crowd, or get an appetizer at 12baltimore, and despite the empty streets, find a packed dining room, so, it is perception yes??

it does not make anyone anti downtown for saying it, it is in your delivery, and you know that lenexa. when you get behind a mike with over a 100k listening, and emphatically say it is absolutely dead down there, and there is nothing to do......................

do you say that lenexa, or do you state the obvius? it is still slow sometimes.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I don't understand how when Kietzman supports downtown baseball, the Sprint Center, P&L, and thousands listen, that's not a huge boost to KC Downtown, yet when he says it is dead downtown, which frankly I have never heard him say, but I'll take your word for it, it somehow hurts Downtown KC.

I suppose Kietzman should just be like other Johnson Countians and not give a shit about downtown at all and support the renovations because its easier for him to park there and get in and out from Johnson County. What an idiot he is for even caring about downtown.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I don't understand how when Kietzman supports downtown baseball, the Sprint Center, P&L, and thousands listen, that's not a huge boost to KC Downtown, yet when he says it is dead downtown, which frankly I have never heard him say, but I'll take your word for it, it somehow hurts Downtown KC.

I suppose Kietzman should just be like other Johnson Countians and not give a shit about downtown at all and support the renovations because its easier for him to park there and get in and out from Johnson County. What an idiot he is for even caring about downtown.
caring about it because it suits him. they build downtown, he gets to build downtown. instead of, "yeah, i will take a stand downtown, and take our studios and restaurant downtown in the first place"

not like the halls, kempers, blochs, and DST havent done that every day or something.................
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

not like the halls, kempers, blochs, and DST havent done that every day or something.................
jeebus, you're putting KK in the same crowd as those folks? get some freakin' perspective dude. not close. isn't Jerry Green the real player? you gonna call him out?

as others have mentioned, KK has done plenty for downtown. plenty more than your posts from pittsburgh.