Dan Glass: "We've been promised the All-Star Game if......"

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Dan Glass: "We've been promised the All-Star Game if......"

Post by kcdcchef »

cpt4599 wrote: Did I say it accounted for all increases? I don't recall I said that.  I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you.  All I'm saying is that I think that some people are trying to find anything they can hold onto to drag this thing through the dirt just so they can keep thier precious hopes for a downtown stadium alive.  When they have no credible financing plan and no backers from team or government.  I think a downtown stadium would be awesome, but no leadership is stepping up and calling for a realistic plan.  All I can do is look at the plan before me and say that I'm not the only person going to be paying for this thing(ticket surcharges)  and it protects me(a jackson county voter) with a cap on the amount we have to spend on this thing.  Why are you so worried about something you have no say in and can completely avoid paying a dime on?
because he is ppa'ass, and all he does is login and contradict people, try to expose mistakes ( he calls them hypocracies ) and overall just be a negative person. go to his profile, and read his old posts, that is all he does. always.

with regards to a downtown stadium, even with a realistic plan, i would be opposed to it. however, it would make me be less verbal about it, and stick to my bitching at the forum on kcroyals.com. their plan, is sad, noone important in any level of goverment, and to boot, even though the forum does not care what they think, the opinions of network types, are important. and the network types, and the goverment, at all levels, city, county, state, do not support this idea. because it is sad. " nowhere has anyone invested anything like this in 33 year old stadiums" is the constant battle cry. HORSESHIT. look, there have only been 4 that were old enough, pervious to this discussion, yankee, fenway, wrigley, and dodger.

and in 97-99, 120m was spent in renovations, and 140m was spent in the mid 70's. fenway has spent 200m over the past 9 years, and wrigley has spent 140m over 8 years, with 153m planned. dodger, is in limbo, although, i am sure they are not far behind. "those stadiums all are so much more historic and better then kauffman" will be the next line of SHIT to be spewed. yeah, kauffman was not built in 1912 like fenway or 23 like yankee, but you know what, who cares. it is still a great park. 33 years old, yes, but a gem. you cannot go sit at a game at kauffman stadium, and tell me the place is not still great. the only thing missing is the skyline behind the scoreboard. that would satisfy everyone on here. a sad sad reason to lose something we will regret losing someday. how many threads on this forum are bitching about some building we lost, because those before us in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's mucked up and trashed something great. know what? in 2030, they would judge us the same if we lose kauffman, and arrowhead.

hell, who is the most powerful voice in sports? jim rome. everyone knows it. his show has so many tens of millions of listeners, it is not even funny. you might want to sit there and think that rome does not give a shit, but he does. he has regulars like whitlock and buck oneill. and you can bash them too while you are at it, but here is a cold hard fact.............

o'neill and whitlock represent kc sports on the national stage. like it or not. whitlock is on pardon the interruption as a guest host 20 times a year. this year, already, he has been booked as a guest host 26 times. twice last year he was a guest host on the jungle, aka, the jim rome show, and he is a regular on cold pizza, pti, rome is buring, etc. buck o'neill, is a regular on romes shows, radio and tv, and is on baseball tonite, sports center, and many other shows. so, everyone can blast me, like i know max, lockandload, ppa'ass, and lenexato kcmo will, but rome is a big name, as are welbon, kornheiser, gammons, and berman. and all 5 love whitlock and o'neill. and when they say something, they listen at the national level. and when both, ambassadors for kc sports, and one a paid employee of the kansas city royals, on the national stage, say losing kauffman stadium is stupid, well, that says a lot. i have written in this forum for months, about how the analysts, columnists, and commentators from every city in america tell us how beautiful our stadium is. well, here is one better. on the national level, two of kc sports biggest ambassadors, have spoken against losing kauffman stadium.

but that is ok. you downtown stadium supporters, who, most of you are like me, do not get a vote on it nor will you ever pay taxes for it, have kietzman and union broadcasting on your side. who, work, and live in an area with no say or tax dollars in on the matter.
Last edited by kcdcchef on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: hell, who is the most powerful voice in sports? jim rome. everyone knows it. his show has so many tens of millions of listeners, it is not even funny. you might want to sit there and think that rome does not give a shit, but he does. he has regulars like whitlock and buck oneill. and you can bash them too while you are at it, but here is a cold hard fact.............

o'neill and whitlock represent kc sports on the national stage. like it or not. whitlock is on pardon the interruption as a guest host 20 times a year. this year, already, he has been booked as a guest host 26 times. twice last year he was a guest host on the jungle, aka, the jim rome show, and he is a regular on cold pizza, pti, rome is buring, etc. buck o'neill, is a regular on romes shows, radio and tv, and is on baseball tonite, sports center, and many other shows. so, everyone can blast me, like i know max, lockandload, ppa'ass, and lenexato kcmo will, but rome is a big name, as are welbon, kornheiser, gammons, and berman. and all 5 love whitlock and o'neill. and when they say something, they listen at the national level. and when both, ambassadors for kc sports, and one a paid employee of the kansas city royals, on the national stage, say losing kauffman stadium is stupid, well, that says a lot. i have written in this forum for months, about how the analysts, columnists, and commentators from every city in america tell us how beautiful our stadium is. well, here is one better. on the national level, two of kc sports biggest ambassadors, have spoken against losing kauffman stadium.

but that is ok. you downtown stadium supporters, who, most of you are like me, do not get a vote on it nor will you ever pay taxes for it, have kietzman and union broadcasting on your side. who, work, and live in an area with no say or tax dollars in on the matter.
What the hell does this have to do with anything?  You are smoking something crazy.  No one cares what Jim Rome or any other sports writer thinks about our stadiums.  Get over it. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Hmmm, for every Jim Rome you can produce (does  he even know where Kansas City is?) I give you a George Brett, who says he is FOR a downtown ballpark.

Anyway, that really is beside the point right now. The point was that the Legislature is doing a terrible job by negotiating with the threat of relocation hanging over their heads. We need to stay in compliance with the lease first, then determine a long term solution for the teams when they no longer have leverage. This could mean staying at TSC, going downtown, or going to Kansas, but we should do the minimal improvements now so that the threat of relocation is no longer an option.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

cpt4599 wrote: Did I say it accounted for all increases? I don't recall I said that.  I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you.  All I'm saying is that I think that some people are trying to find anything they can hold onto to drag this thing through the dirt just so they can keep thier precious hopes for a downtown stadium alive.
I don't care about a DT stadium one bit.  My concern - and I'm sure the concern of others here - is that this bill is so heavily weighted in favor of the gazillionaire owners.  The teams need to be paying more.  

Glass-Hole is worth 500-600M bucks, and Hunt is a billlionaire.  They've got more than 25M and 75M to put in this thing - b/c they'll benefit from it.  
When they have no credible financing plan and no backers from team or government.  I think a downtown stadium would be awesome, but no leadership is stepping up and calling for a realistic plan.
The "leadership" you speak of just got ram-rodded on a $575M funding bill where they didn't force the teams to do jack squat.  I think that says it all aobut your leadership.  Besides, Cauthen opposes the plan.  Isn't he leadership in KCMO?
 All I can do is look at the plan before me and say that I'm not the only person going to be paying for this thing(ticket surcharges)  and it protects me(a jackson county voter) with a cap on the amount we have to spend on this thing.  
So you think "surcharges" are going to foot this thing?  And didn't the current crisis teach you that there is NEVER a cap on deals your elected officials make with businessmen?
Why are you so worried about something you have no say in and can completely avoid paying a dime on?
It's the principle.  (1) I go to both games so I don't want tix surcharges (2) I despise both owners, and think it's crooked what JackO did to their taxpayers.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote: because he is ppa'ass, and all he does is login and contradict people, try to expose mistakes ( he calls them hypocracies ) and overall just be a negative person. go to his profile, and read his old posts, that is all he does. always.

with regards to a downtown stadium, even with a realistic plan, i would be opposed to it. however, it would make me be less verbal about it, and stick to my bitching at the forum on kcroyals.com. their plan, is sad, noone important in any level of goverment, and to boot, even though the forum does not care what they think, the opinions of network types, are important. and the network types, and the goverment, at all levels, city, county, state, do not support this idea. because it is sad. " nowhere has anyone invested anything like this in 33 year old stadiums" is the constant battle cry. HORSESHIT. look, there have only been 4 that were old enough, pervious to this discussion, yankee, fenway, wrigley, and dodger.

and in 97-99, 120m was spent in renovations, and 140m was spent in the mid 70's. fenway has spent 200m over the past 9 years, and wrigley has spent 140m over 8 years, with 153m planned. dodger, is in limbo, although, i am sure they are not far behind. "those stadiums all are so much more historic and better then kauffman" will be the next line of SHIT to be spewed. yeah, kauffman was not built in 1912 like fenway or 23 like yankee, but you know what, who cares. it is still a great park. 33 years old, yes, but a gem. you cannot go sit at a game at kauffman stadium, and tell me the place is not still great. the only thing missing is the skyline behind the scoreboard. that would satisfy everyone on here. a sad sad reason to lose something we will regret losing someday. how many threads on this forum are bitching about some building we lost, because those before us in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's mucked up and trashed something great. know what? in 2030, they would judge us the same if we lose kauffman, and arrowhead.

hell, who is the most powerful voice in sports? jim rome. everyone knows it. his show has so many tens of millions of listeners, it is not even funny. you might want to sit there and think that rome does not give a shit, but he does. he has regulars like whitlock and buck oneill. and you can bash them too while you are at it, but here is a cold hard fact.............

Another manifesto by Cook, which nobody will read in its entirety.

You've GOT to shorten your posts, trash.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:
The "leadership" you speak of just got ram-rodded on a $575M funding bill where they didn't force the teams to do jack squat.  I think that says it all aobut your leadership.  Besides, Cauthen opposes the plan.  Isn't he leadership in KCMO?
Have not seen anything concerning Cauthen on this in many weeks.  So with the latest plan for a vote we do not know for sure what side he is on.  Besides, he is just a city manager who works for the council.  The council is the true leadership for the city.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Have not seen anything concerning Cauthen on this in many weeks.  So with the latest plan for a vote we do not know for sure what side he is on.  Besides, he is just a city manager who works for the council.  The council is the true leadership for the city.
not to mention the fact the dude has been a kansas citian for what, a couple of years, if that? and does he even live in kcmo??
pittsburghparoyal wrote:  
You've GOT to shorten your posts, trash.
you read them. quit lying. calling me trash...........wow, that really hurts. oh wait, it is not hurt i am feeling.......what is this feeling i feel when you call me names................................................sticks and stones may..........no, that is not it............damn, what is this feeling.................oh, wait, ppa'ass, i know the feeling, the same thing your wife has been feeling for years, nothing at all.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote: you read them. quit lying.
No really.  I don't.

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Have not seen anything concerning Cauthen on this in many weeks.  So with the latest plan for a vote we do not know for sure what side he is on.  Besides, he is just a city manager who works for the council.  The council is the true leadership for the city.
All valid points.  Agreed.

TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

Take it how you will, but the Council and Cauthen haven't said a peep in support of the plan, which I interpret to be that they think it sucks.
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Then they need to come out AGAINST it.

If they don't care either way, then it's fine to be silent.  But if you think it "sucks", you need to speak up!!

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: not to mention the fact the dude has been a kansas citian for what, a couple of years, if that? and does he even live in kcmo??
City employees must live in the city
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Then they need to come out AGAINST it.

If they don't care either way, then it's fine to be silent.  But if you think it "sucks", you need to speak up!!
"Speaking up" is not a strong suit of the KCMO council.  Don't get me started.......
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Well, when it comes to 3/8 cent sales taxes....what on EARTH could be more important?

THis could crowd out a lot of vital future investment in basic services.  And I suspect the grannies living on fixed income are ready to see Glass-Hole at the polls that day.

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Glass knows this plan has no chance of passing. He hopes it will fail.

They he can lay down for contraction with the double excuse of "The league won't help us and the city won't help us, why should I keep trying."
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

shinatoo wrote: Glass knows this plan has no chance of passing. He hopes it will fail.

They he can lay down for contraction with the double excuse of "The league won't help us and the city won't help us, why should I keep trying."

Maybe he should quit "trying" and just sell the team to someone that is actually interested in financing a winning team.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i wonder if everybody saw the stickers on the front page of the star today.

YES! SAVE THE TEAMS.

pretty much removes any doubt as to wether the star has an agenda or not.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Those stickers are paid ads.  They had to reimburse the Star somehow for all the great objective and fairly-written articles they've written.  They paid for the Editorials with the print ads, I think.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Star email ad for Vote YES

Post by lock+load »

I understand the ads in the paper, but this is a bit much.

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

^^^^^That was sent to you in an E-Mail???
KC is the way to be!