Dec. 22 Press Conference

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Dec. 22 Press Conference

Post by TheNorthlander »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Oh come on.  Where did you get that figure?  I don't believe that for a second.
I got it from the architect.  Check the facts, climate control is not involved in the cost of the roof.  It is brought in as needed. 
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
Robafurd
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Robafurd »

ok I have a REALLY stupid question.  Does the roof go over Arrowhead, or over the area between Kauffmann and Arrowhead? 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

TheNorthlander wrote: I got it from the architect.  Check the facts, climate control is not involved in the cost of the roof.  It is brought in as needed. 
I believe that part.  I just can't buy the fact it would be 10M bucks for one event.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Robafurd wrote: ok I have a REALLY stupid question.  Does the roof go over Arrowhead, or over the area between Kauffmann and Arrowhead? 
It is on a track that can move the roof from Arrowhead-Kauffman. between games it will be over the center.
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

They have renderings up on the R's website. They are exactly the same as the bi-state renderings.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: I believe that part.  I just can't buy the fact it would be 10M bucks for one event.
I'm just relaying what I was told.  Getting the roof in place is easy.  I guess the skin has to be assembled and the a/c and heat are mobile units and have to be brought in via semis, and I don't know what else, but I supposedly it is very expensive.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Northlander,  Was this before or after the latest rendering?  That new rendering is a completely different design.  Their are no massive vertical tarps, the roof fits over the better and there are far less gaps etc.  Not sure how they would do the climate control though.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

GRID wrote: Northlander,  Was this before or after the latest rendering?  That new rendering is a completely different design.  Their are no massive vertical tarps, the roof fits over the better and there are far less gaps etc.  Not sure how they would do the climate control though.
Before.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Northlander,  Was this before or after the latest rendering?  That new rendering is a completely different design.  Their are no massive vertical tarps, the roof fits over the better and there are far less gaps etc.  Not sure how they would do the climate control though.
bottom line, look at that computer animation on the star, and look at the renderings closely. you cannot redo arrowhead to make it fit a rolling roof. it would take hundreds of milllions more then they are already asking for.

the rolling roof will NOT enclose the stadium, it will cover it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

not that i want to reopen this bullshit thread, however, a good read for both sides of the argument.

dc, mlb, and dc city council are now ready to rock. city taxpayers WILL pay for a 550m stadium, and they cost is expected to soar to 650m.

but, yeah, a downtown park in kc will cost 250m, yes, no doubts in my mind. can someone call the downtown osco, ask for the lead cashier, the ghetto total gas station across from the star, ask for the floor mopper, and the quaff, and ask for the busboy, that shold effectively convene the dtc. and ask them how much their utopian park will cost.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I'm for a downtown ballpark, but it will cost AT LEAST 400-500 million plus cost to remove or re-use Kauffman Stadium which would be at least 100 million more.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

chef, will you quit putting words in people's mouths.  your last post is so ignorant it's not even funny.

1 - NOBODY says a park will only cost $250M total, it can be had for $250 in PUBLIC investment creatively, maybe a little more

2 - the cost to build a stadium in DC cannot be compared to kc at all

3 - yeah, dc got screwed on their stadium deal, that doesn't mean we have to.  like it or not, expecting the team (be it owner or otherwise) to contribute anything less than a third of the cost is stupid on the part of the public

do you contend with any of the above?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

shaffe wrote: chef, will you quit putting words in people's mouths.  your last post is so ignorant it's not even funny.

1 - NOBODY says a park will only cost $250M total, it can be had for $250 in PUBLIC investment creatively, maybe a little more

2 - the cost to build a stadium in DC cannot be compared to kc at all

3 - yeah, dc got screwed on their stadium deal, that doesn't mean we have to.  like it or not, expecting the team (be it owner or otherwise) to contribute anything less than a third of the cost is stupid on the part of the public

I do.

"2 - the cost to build a stadium in DC cannot be compared to kc at all"

Actually a new downtown ballpark in KC could be compared to DC.  We have NO, NONE, ZERO infrastructure for a downtown ballpark.  We also do not have a big chunk of land to throw a park on.  Even with a lot of the downtown parks, they built next to an existing stadium in what was a parking lot or empty land or land occupied by the previous stadium.  Seattle, StL, Pitts, etc.

It would cost 450-500 million to build a new stadium next to Kauffman, not including tearing down Kauffman.

It would cost 550-650 million to build a park anywhere downtown.

Land acquisition, demolition, environmental cleanup, parking structures (you will need some additional parking) and major road and highway improvements to get access to the park.

A downtown park in KC if done right will cost at least 500 million.

Like I said, I'm all for a downtown park, but lets keep it real on estimating the cost.  Other than that I agree, there would be a lot more private money in a downtown stadium than a renovated Kauffman and it makes a hell of lot more sense than putting 300 million into Kuaffman.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

GRID wrote: It would cost 450-500 million to build a new stadium next to Kauffman, not including tearing down Kauffman.

It would cost 550-650 million to build a park anywhere downtown.
LOL!

Thanks for the laugh, man.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: LOL!

Thanks for the laugh, man.

what have you ever built in your life, anything without lego's? probably not.

a park downtown, will cost at least 500m. if st louis, is pushing 500 million right now, and, by mid summer when they finish, they will be at 550m, according to recent estimates, how will ours be cheaper, both in missouri, yes??

oh wait, i know, the 2 years you lived in pittsburgh suburbs, convinced you that pnc, cost 225m, even though there are published reports online everywhere, that make it clear, that it was part of a bigger, 812m project, that, in reality, finished over a billion, for 2 stadiums.

but i know, the land was free, the clearing of the downtown right on the water land was free, right. and in kc, it will be too. man, you are every bit as smart as you show. daily.

guess this thread will soon be in the dumpster, because as soon as you log in, you will no doubt spew your venimous crap, name calling, i am sure something that will start out with...."cook"...., and end with the word idiot.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

shaffe wrote: 1 - NOBODY says a park will only cost $250M total, it can be had for $250 in PUBLIC investment creatively, maybe a little more

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who says????????????????????
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote:
what have you ever built in your life, anything without lego's? probably not.
Lamest comeback ever.  (well, besides the time you called that old teacher of yours a "dickey")
a park downtown, will cost at least 500m. if st louis, is pushing 500 million right now, and, by mid summer when they finish, they will be at 550m, according to recent estimates, how will ours be cheaper, both in missouri, yes??
$344M.
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/nl/BuschStadium.htm
oh wait, i know, the 2 years you lived in pittsburgh suburbs, convinced you that pnc, cost 225m, even though there are published reports online everywhere, that make it clear, that it was part of a bigger, 812m project, that, in reality, finished over a billion, for 2 stadiums.

No, it was about $250M including land acquisition.  Busted again, loser!

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:

No, it was about $250M including land acquisition.  Busted again, loser!

idiot. you are right. the 1b price tag in pittsburgh was all made up. they run stories on kdka all the time, and the gazette. it only cost 250m to build pnc, and 750m to build heinz, why did the rest of the pittsburgh media not think that up, man, you are so smart. must be the ku degree.
dumb fuck. only your dumb ass would post 2 year old construction figures that have not been updated. you are such an ignorant depressing troll of a loser. i have come to the conclusion you are 12, if you cannot figure out construction costs go up, that, or you work for the dtc. 

http://projectballpark.org/future/cardinals.html

there is a thread that says busch III costs 387.5m

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 214720.htm

here is a thread that says the new busch III will cost over 400m

http://stlbaseball.johnsebben.com/index.php?page=2

and here is one that says busch III will cost over 450m.

i guess you want me to go out and get a boatload of links to prove pnc really did not cost 250m? because believe me, they are out there. do this ppa'ass, call any sports radio station in pittsburgh, or any tv station, and tell them it cost 250m to build that park. probably why the city of pittsburgh and alleghany county were bankrupt in 02-04. because it ONLY cost 250m to build pnc. yeah.
Last edited by kcdcchef on Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

kcdc, i know you can do better than that.

as for link 1, what credibility does a website have that hasn't been updated in 2 years?  even if projectballpark is accurate, $387M is still far less than the "$500M plus" you've been throwing around.

as for links 2 and 3, the same link btw, do you honestly think that jeff passan is close enough to the situation to be throwing around on the dot figures?  that article was written last july and uses the phrase "the $400 million it's going to cost and the $300 million more needed to build the proposed Ballpark Village".  that, to me at least, sounds like passan throwing around some rounded figures.  the fact of the matter is that you have yet to provide ANY evidence that busch III is going to cost anywhere near $550M and until you do i'd personally appreciate it if you quit fearmongering and re-focus your crusade to save a ballpark in one of the worst locations in sports, beautiful as it is.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

shaffe wrote: kcdc, i know you can do better than that.

as for link 1, what credibility does a website have that hasn't been updated in 2 years?  even if projectballpark is accurate, $387M is still far less than the "$500M plus" you've been throwing around.

as for links 2 and 3, the same link btw, do you honestly think that jeff passan is close enough to the situation to be throwing around on the dot figures?  that article was written last july and uses the phrase "the $400 million it's going to cost and the $300 million more needed to build the proposed Ballpark Village".  that, to me at least, sounds like passan throwing around some rounded figures.  the fact of the matter is that you have yet to provide ANY evidence that busch III is going to cost anywhere near $550M and until you do i'd personally appreciate it if you quit fearmongering and re-focus your crusade to save a ballpark in one of the worst locations in sports, beautiful as it is.
shaffe
i am sure in 8 weeks we will all have some damn accurate numbers. if you really believe that the stadium only cost 350m, when there are many reports circling around that it will  cost much more, you go right ahead and believe it.

does not matter. the owner of the royals is david glass. not any one of the forum members or osco cashiers who are pushing for this. and he does not want a downtown park no matter how much it costs.