Dec. 22 Press Conference

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Dec. 22 Press Conference

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: I have noticed that when chef no longer has an argument he resorts to using words like "idiot", "slick" and "racist."
When does he ever have an argument to begin with?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote:

Pitts, I don't think I have ever agree with you, I wonder why you are on the forum at all.

noone understands why.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

OK, well I have flip flopped again.

I will now vote no on the Jax county tax.

I spoke with Cauthen today (this guy is awesome BTW, he was downtown as just another kansas citian watching the bridges get moved sporting a NLBM jacket).

Anyway, He said vote no, the city is working on a backup plan for a downtown ballpark and he said the Chiefs will get NFL finacing to redo Arrowhead if it fails.

Everytime I talk to Wayne, he is just awesome and loves to talk KC.  This guy is not from here and has more passion for KC than 99% of the people who have lived here for ten or more years.

He is also pushing for AMC to do more than just an arthouse downtown.  He wants first run movies and he wants them to sometimes be realeased early like they do in NYC and LA.  Great idea, who knows.

He also wants rail in KC real bad.

He said that if we vote for the stadium tax, we will regret it as soon as we pass it and it will haunt KC for a lifetime as one of the biggest mistakes made here.

This guys NEEDS to run for mayor.

So, There you go. 

Vote no.  I will.  If it does pass, we will deal with it, but it's real nice to know that there are backup plans in the works if it fails.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

GRID wrote: OK, well I have flip flopped again.

I spoke with Cauthen today (this guy is awesome BTW, he was downtown as just another kansas citian watching the bridges get moved sporting a NLBM jacket).

Anyway, He said vote no, the city is working on a backup plan for a downtown ballpark and he said the Chiefs will get NFL finacing to redo Arrowhead if it fails.

Everytime I talk to Wayne, he is just awesome and loves to talk KC.  This guy is not from here and has more passion for KC than 99% of the people who have lived here for ten or more years.

He is also pushing for AMC to do more than just an arthouse downtown.  He wants first run movies and he wants them to sometimes be realeased early like they do in NYC and LA.  Great idea, who knows.

He said that if we vote for the stadium tax, we will regret it as soon as we pass it and it will haunt KC for a lifetime as one of the biggest mistakes made here.

So, There you go. 

Vote no.  I will.  If it does pass, we will deal with it, but it's real nice to know that there are backup plans in the works if it fails.
=D> =D>

Mr. Cauthen does indeed have his head screwed on straight, and does a fine job.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

GRID wrote: He said that if we vote for the stadium tax, we will regret it as soon as we pass it and it will haunt KC for a lifetime as one of the biggest mistakes made here.

Excellent information, it's good to know there is someone in an important position in this city and/or county that had some VISION.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Wayne Cauthen for Mayor!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I have always been so impressed with his ability to stick to his guns.  He has his opinions and the interest of Kansas Citians at heart.  KC would be very lucky to have this guy take KC to the next level. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: OK, well I have flip flopped again.

So, There you go. 

maybe he will run for mayor. maybe he will not. you will actually base your opinion on his? whatever. i will believe those are his ideals, when i see them in print. no grid, i am not calling you a liar. i am calling the man a starry eyed dreamer. kc in the same breath at ny and la with movie runs? what next...........................the oscars at the westin hotel?? perhaps moving the white house to loose park??

sad. so very very sad. everyone blast away at me, i do not care, nor do i worry about someone like grid voting no..................there are too many others scared into voting yes. jackson county has a LONG history of voting these things through. and they will pass this one too, hell, the voted yes on the last one, and it had no thought, only 1 rendering, and was retarded.

all you dt stadium backers are excited, you finally got a city official to back the idea. perhaps some elected ones could back you now?? oh wait, the mayor, city council, and county officials, they back the tsc. thank god the ones who matter back the tsc.

3 more months of this thread, and it is dumpster material. after the vote passes and all......................
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

No truer words have been spoken.

But Cauthen is just one of 2 or 3 dozen forum members with stars in his eyes, I'm sure...
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

He was not putting KC on par with NY and LA, he just said that we should try to get AMC (not sure if they even control that sort of thing) to think about previewing "some" movies there.  I don't think it was any more than just an idea, but the man has great ideas and is in somewhat of a position to at least find out if those ideas are feasible.

I don't remember everything he said down to a quote, but I do remember one.

"Do you live in Jackson County?"

yes,

"then vote no"

His biggest concern with a downtown ballpark is Downtown land is not getting any cheaper and large chunks of land for a ballpark near downtown are quickly disappearing.

I don't know chef, it might pass and if it does, that's fine.

But nobody trusts Jackson County govt and more and more people are questioning spending that kind of cash with little return and the owners putting in so little.

KCMO has to keep Cauthen,  I'm not sure they will be able to though.  He's awesome, but he's stepping on a lot of toes here in old conservative KC and other towns are already trying to pull him away.

All we can do is hope his passion for KCMO builds and he simply makes this his home forever.

I hope he seriously considers it, I really do.

Not sure he wants to take it to the next level, but he would be the best mayor this town has ever seen.

One last quote from Cauthen considering the downtown ballpark.

"we are working on it" with a big smile.

Not much to go on, but it's better than what you hear from everybody else in this town.
Last edited by GRID on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Good to hear Grid. Cauthen for Mayor!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

I wonder what the Kay Barnes worshippers on the board have to say about this.

She's publicly supporting this nonsensical legislation, while Cauthen isn't.  Hmmm......
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: I wonder what the Kay Barnes worshippers on the board have to say about this.

She's publicly supporting this nonsensical legislation, while Cauthen isn't.  Hmmm......
:roll:
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I just saw this...  Apparently there's going to be a public hearing Tuesday.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 635222.htm

Biz Journal says it's Tuesday at 11am, Jacomo Court House.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... ily35.html
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Robafurd
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Robafurd »

I am just happy The Star is starting to have a dialogue about this issue.  It is important and people need to be informed when they vote. 
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I totally agree.  They need to lay it all out.  I honestly don't know what that $500+ million will buy.  It can't cost that to put in some new plumbing, etc, can it?  I would like to see some breakdowns of where the money is going.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

From the Jackson County website, these Letters of Intent have breakouts of what the money will be used for.  Most of the money the Royals plan to contribute will go to corporate suites.

http://www.jacksongov.org/jcsaloi/PDF/LOI-JC-Royals.pdf
http://www.jacksongov.org/jcsaloi/PDF/LOI-JC-Chiefs.pdf
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Didn't we just spend 13M on the K back in 1998, for the Crown Seats & dugout suites?

A lot of good THAT did.  What was our return on that investment?  Negative 90%? 

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

16 New Scoreboards, Videoboards, Auxiliary Boards                    $16,519,750

If they hadn't signed such shitty pitchers, the old scoreboard wouldn't be so worn out!

What an enormous waste of money.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

GRID wrote:
"Do you live in Jackson County?"

yes,

"then vote no"

His biggest concern with a downtown ballpark is Downtown land is not getting any cheaper and large chunks of land for a ballpark near downtown are quickly disappearing.

One last quote from Cauthen considering the downtown ballpark.

"we are working on it" with a big smile.

Not much to go on, but it's better than what you hear from everybody else in this town.
When the person who hired him comes out in favor of TSC that is interesting.  Of course, talk is cheap.  I will wait for the action.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Action or no Action, at least he has the balls to say that.

He was hired to bring creativity and a no-bull attitude.  That's what he's doing.  I'm sure Kay Barnes is patting him on the back as we speak. 

If anyone knows this city's f*ed up political mo fo's like "i need a doughnut Katheryn Shields", its Kay Barnes.