Would you vote for $500 million in stadium upgrades?

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

If 1/2 billion in upgrades to the Truman Sports Complex is on the April Ballot in your community, how would you vote?

yes
5%
yes, if the owners pitched in
14%
no
30%
hell no!
51%

Total votes: 37

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Would you vote for $500 million in stadium upgrades?

Post by GRID »

I have not been to Arrowhead for a few years, went last night.

I have been to a few other new NFL stadiums, not games, but toured them.

Doesn't matter who, but somebody needs to do something to update our facilities.

All I know is that you don't even want to think about entering the concourse at halftime or even at all sometimes at a Chiefs game.  Same with the Royals, even with 20k in the stadium.  Not that our concourses offer a fraction of what new stadiums do anyway...
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

my mother and i went to a day mets game last year at kauffman, the negro leagues salute day when we wore our monarchs jerseys, and zack grienke got bombed, anyway, there was a brief rain storm in the 7th inning, sunny before and after, only in missouri, anyways, about 23k were there, and trying to hang out on those concourses during the rain delay was a joke. packed every which way but loose.

fast forward to this year. i went to a baltimore orioles game in baltimore. same thing, only a night game, and we were all mulling around comfortably in the concourses during the delay. all 35k of us. with a lot more choices of what to eat than cheese fries, bbq sandwich, and pretzels. there were a LOT more choices.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I love these, they are in the paper daily...

Great editorial about the Truman Sports Complex, finally differentiating the contrasting situations of football’s full revenue sharing versus the poor, small-market teams in baseball where television revenue is not shared (8/23, “Openness will help win support for stadium upgradesâ€
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Oh come now Grid - for all you know ol'Otto there may work in KCMO, pay taxes in JaCo or may even (ghast) own or operate a tax-paying business there or maybe he just isn't aware of how they are planning on funding the improvements (not exactly hard to believe since JaCo hasn't really announced any formal plan or initiative).  However I guess it is a lot easier to just paint poor Otto as another Johnson County devil hell bent on sucking the city dry while contributing nothing and taking everything.  When the moderators engage in state-bigoted flame baiting, is there really any hope of this forum getting past this crap?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I know, I just thought it was funny.

I actually wrote in to thank KCMO for building a new arena, instead of bitching about who is going to pay for cleaning the glass like somebody did from Leawood last week…
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: I know, I just thought it was funny.
Is that supposed to make it ok?  This is exactly the sort of dismissive attitude this forum takes towards state-bigotry.  Oh ha ha - I meant no offense when I called your state a worthless leach.  :puke:
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

oh lenexa, when will you learn.

so, i guess what the royals and chiefs report to the irs, that is available via forbes is a lie then?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

What are you talking about Chef?  Go back and read, paying close attention to the highlighting in Grid's post.  None of my comments were in anyway related to the disclosure of income statistics by the teams. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i thought you were agreeing with the sentiment that idiot wrote in the star, that we dont have access to their revenue reporting.

my bad