Washington Square - new stadium at night

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedream
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by thedream »

I am in full support for that location. Just look at it.
Hull-Os
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Hull-Os »

Cool. I'll take the light rail from the Plaza and get off at Union Station.

No, wait...there is no light rail in KC.

Well, then...

Where do you park?

20,000 cars trying to get on I-35 North and South near the McQueeny-Lock building at 10:30 at night...some after drinking...nice plan.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Hull-Os wrote:Cool. I'll take the light rail from the Plaza and get off at Union Station.

No, wait...there is no light rail in KC.

Well, then...

Where do you park?

20,000 cars trying to get on I-35 North and South near the McQueeny-Lock building at 10:30 at night...some after drinking...nice plan.
The MAX bus line will be running this summer, from Waldo to the Plaza to Downtown.

I-35 handles 50,000 or more cars during rush hour, so 20,000 would be light traffic.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I went to Washington Square and I didn't see this. Where is it exactly? When did they build this?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

^^ LOL!!! Come on dude are you serious?
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Seriously, how could you have missed it? It's so freaking bright! Even during the day it stands out, especially due to the cascading fountains all around it.

:lol:
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

KCMax wrote:I went to Washington Square and I didn't see this. Where is it exactly? When did they build this?
If your serious I will hunt you down and poke you with a stick
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Sorry, bad joke.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

^ you think
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

What people don't like about the WSP site is that new development (including rehab and higher-density replacement of existing structures) can only happen to the north and on the other side of the railroad tracks, whereas development at the North Loop site would be able to immediately surround the stadium on three sides.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

If they put it in the north loop then what would sorround it?..Hotels?.. New high-rise office buildings?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

eliphar17 wrote:What people don't like about the WSP site is that new development (including rehab and higher-density replacement of existing structures) can only happen to the north and on the other side of the railroad tracks, whereas development at the North Loop site would be able to immediately surround the stadium on three sides.
But the point is putting the stadium in a location where there are great existing attractions near the stadium. What can you develop from scratch that is better than Union Station, Crown Center, and the Liberty Memorial? These are great attractions that could use the boost of a stadium next door. In addition, the north and northwest sides of the stadium would enable large new development and/or redevelopment similar to what would go in on 7th Street.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

trailerkid wrote:
eliphar17 wrote:What people don't like about the WSP site is that new development (including rehab and higher-density replacement of existing structures) can only happen to the north and on the other side of the railroad tracks, whereas development at the North Loop site would be able to immediately surround the stadium on three sides.
But the point is putting the stadium in a location where there are great existing attractions near the stadium. What can you develop from scratch that is better than Union Station, Crown Center, and the Liberty Memorial? These are great attractions that could use the boost of a stadium next door. In addition, the north and northwest sides of the stadium would enable large new development and/or redevelopment similar to what would go in on 7th Street.
Yeah, and how symbiotic are a baseball stadium and Liberty Memorial? How many people are going to go visit the memorial after a game? What are the going to do up there? See the museum 100 nights a year?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

staubio wrote:
trailerkid wrote:
Yeah, and how symbiotic are a baseball stadium and Liberty Memorial? How many people are going to go visit the memorial after a game? What are the going to do up there? See the museum 100 nights a year?
Yes...how stupid to put large our most dramatic tourist attractions next to our new stadium. Let's put our stadium next to Tanner's....typical KC :lol:
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Yeah, because Tanner's and 10 other street-facing spaces create a community, and people will actually want to go there before and after a game! I'd say building it near something nobody will use in conjunction with the ballpark is "typical KC".
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

KansasCityCraka wrote:If they put it in the north loop then what would sorround it?..Hotels?.. New high-rise office buildings?
??
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

staubio wrote:Yeah, because Tanner's and 10 other street-facing spaces create a community, and people will actually want to go there before and after a game! I'd say building it near something nobody will use in conjunction with the ballpark is "typical KC".
Yeah...nobody would use Union Station, Crown Center or the South Xroads if a stadium was built in Wash Square. But Tanner's will satisfy everyone's needs after a game... :roll:
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KansasCityCraka wrote:
KansasCityCraka wrote:If they put it in the north loop then what would sorround it?..Hotels?.. New high-rise office buildings?
??
Whatever is there now and the freeway.