Another Idea...

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Another Idea...

Post by sethyg »

I wonder how much it would cost to have a survey team interview about 500 random people at a Royals game. Maybe some research like this would be beneficial.
scooterj
Ambassador

Another Idea...

Post by scooterj »

Look at Sethyg, dropping public hints for me to look into that since I work for a company that does surveys. ;)
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Another Idea...

Post by sethyg »

Sooooo... find out some info! Maybe it would be a good pro-bono account and case study to work on.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Another Idea...

Post by staubio »

I think there is some information sharing that has to happen first. Surveys depend so much on the way the question is presented. Without making people realize the implications of a downtown stadium, the results could vary drastically. I'd bet the results wouldn't be in our favor if you simply asked "do you favor building a stadium for the Royals downtown?"
sethyg
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Another Idea...

Post by sethyg »

Staubio, you're so right. Hopefully Scoot can get us some more information... but I'd like to get a whole pleathora of info:
where they live
what they do after the game
would they support a downtown stadium
if so, would they support a tax for it
etc etc
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Another Idea...

Post by staubio »

During my undergraduate work at Northwest Missouri State, we had a funded marketing research project. Parties would make proposals and teams of research students could choose yours, develop the survey instrument and analyze the results. No cost to the benefactor, but no guarantee the work is any good -- though most of it was very well done. This might be something we could look into.