Sprint Center parking (from Renovations thread)

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

You probably have post this already. If the new sprint arena holds 20,000 people. Where do they park?
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Paintfumes wrote: You probably have post this already. If the new sprint arena holds 20,000 people. Where do they park?
at any one of the 75,000 parking spots within 6 blocks of it.

hey mods, is this not a specific example of where you can specifically call a poster a dumbass?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

kcdcchef wrote: at any one of the 75,000 parking spots within 6 blocks of it.

hey mods, is this not a specific example of where you can specifically call a poster a dumbass?
So you are saying there is no parking specially for the Sprint Arena. Hmmm, thats interesting. If it was a private or a group owner it would of been different. In which they would of had to have parking. I voted no for the original 85,000 seat arena. Then we get this putsie arena. How the wheel is grease in city politics.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

What the hell are you talking about Fumes.... :?
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

K.C.Highrise wrote: What the hell are you talking about Fumes.... :?
Is there parking for the Sprint Arena? And where is it?
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

85,000 seat arena? No parking? I'm confused.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

QUESTION:
Paintfumes wrote: Is there parking for the Sprint Arena? And where is it?
ANSWER:
kcdcchef wrote: at any one of the 75,000 parking spots within 6 blocks of it.
And, the Sprint Center only holds 18,000 people, not 85,000.
KC is the way to be!
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

I'll give you a tip fumes,  point the spray paint away from your face.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

AllThingsKC wrote: QUESTION:
ANSWER:
And, the Sprint Center only holds 18,000 people, not 85,000.
The lights on but nobody is home. Ok . Its 18,000. Where is the parking for the Sprint Center when I go to a "tractor pull" or "dirt bike" racing?

I don't think anyone in here has the answer. Probably because there is no parking.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Paintfumes wrote: The lights on but nobody is home. Ok . Its 18,000. Where is the parking for the Sprint Center when I go to a "tractor pull" or "dirt bike" racing?

I don't think anyone in here has the answer. Probably because there is no parking.
Have you ever been downtown?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The East Loop has plenty of parking!  And I think, altough I might be mixtaken, there is suppose to be a parking garage built too.

I am sure there are plenty of aerial photos in the Arena Thread to see for yourself.  So, I don't think parking will be an issue for the Sprint Center.   :)
KC is the way to be!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Paintfumes wrote: So you are saying there is no parking specially for the Sprint Arena. Hmmm, thats interesting. If it was a private or a group owner it would of been different. In which they would of had to have parking. I voted no for the original 85,000 seat arena. Then we get this putsie arena. How the wheel is grease in city politics.
my god you are such a joke, so ignorant it is funny.

get out of your dumbass suburban mindset. not every structure needs its own parking. downtown has tens of thousands of parking spots. very few buildings in downtown kansas city, or any downtown in america, have their own parking.

new york city has no parking garage specifically for madison square garden. guess they are wrong too fumes.

are you allergic to parking your car at the town pavilion garage, or just too lazy? stay in buckner and see your tractor pull there.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

If the SC doesn't have a dedicated garage next door, that seems like a wasted opportunity. Lots of people would pay a premium for that proximity. (As I recall, Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade has one attached, as do a few other newer arenas.) Sure, there are plenty of places nearby to park, but why would the SC's owners not try to capture that revenue?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KC0KEK wrote: If the SC doesn't have a dedicated garage next door, that seems like a wasted opportunity. Lots of people would pay a premium for that proximity. (As I recall, Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade has one attached, as do a few other newer arenas.) Sure, there are plenty of places nearby to park, but why would the SC's owners not try to capture that revenue?
i go to baseball games in the inner harbour in baltimore frequently. no dedicated garage for the stadium ,yet there are 25-35k there nightly.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

kcdcchef wrote: i go to baseball games in the inner harbour in baltimore frequently. no dedicated garage for the stadium ,yet there are 25-35k there nightly.
So they're using public parking nearby? If so, and if you owned that facility and/or the team, wouldn't you want to try to get a share of the parking revenue by building a garage?
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

It'll do the citizenry's cellulite some good to actually walk two or three blocks.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Busch Stadium II doesn't have dedicated parking does it? Do any of St. Louis' downtown arenas have dedicated parking? Seems like the Midwestern yokels in St. Louis figured it out, I don't see why us hayseeds in Kansas City couldn't.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KC0KEK wrote: So they're using public parking nearby? If so, and if you owned that facility and/or the team, wouldn't you want to try to get a share of the parking revenue by building a garage?

He's lying.  I went to a game there and there are indeed, parking structures very close by.  If you don't believe me, just ask how the Ravens football stadium (basically next door) can accomodate crowds of 70K w/o ample parking.

Why am I even responding to this?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KCMax wrote: Busch Stadium III doesn't have dedicated parking does it? Do any of St. Louis' downtown arenas have dedicated parking? Seems like the Midwestern yokels in St. Louis figured it out, I don't see why us hayseeds in Kansas City couldn't.
;)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Hell, if there are enough suckers willing to pay $35 so they don't have to waddle their fat ass three blocks,  I would think any team would want to be in on that action.