Roofing Kaufman and Arowhead stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Roofing Kaufman and Arowhead stadium

Post by kcdcchef »

ShowMeKC wrote:

You live hundreds of miles away, you most likely don't come to KC very often .

wrong. come to kc on average 10 times a year. been already once this month. spent a 5 day trip in september.

question there sir, since, you are a man now, out of high school and all, how many nights you spent in kansas city this year, sleeping in downtown? you, zero, me, twenty three.

in numeric, 23-0.
ShowMeKC wrote:

On the other hand, I live here, I go to KC often. i
perhaps if you were not such a whiney little baby that screams like a little girl every time you get into a fight, hence, where this is going unless a mod locks it, you could have came out with the group of us who went to arthur bryants in september, or the forumers i met in the crossroads at a first friday in june. but since you are nothing more then a kid, and an inmature one at that, that will never happen.
ShowMeKC wrote:

Regardless, I'm not letting go of a Downtown Stadium, I guarantee you 100% it will happen in my lifetime. Like many community leaders have pushed and pushed for Downtown revitalization and got it, I will push for many things like light rail, a DT stadium, inner city revitalization, etc... LIke I said, I'm dedicating my life to improving the city, and seeing today's technology compared to what the future might hold, average people begin to live into their 100s, so I believe I have a long time to see a DT stadium and a new arrowhead.
there may indeed be a downtown stadium in your lifetime, you are all of 18, ( which, i lived in kansas city more years then you have even been alive, just so you know. ) so, that is a real possibility that by the time you are say, 60, it will happen, but you need to accept it that it may indeed take that long, because again, it is not a facelift, it is a complete redo. perhaps when you are finished with architecture school, i am assuming you are still going, you will get the difference between a facelift and a complete overhaul.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

Then I was wrong about you being to KC, I admit that I shouldn't have assumed that about you.

However, after the second quote, you proved one of my points. Frankly, I'm not going anywhere with anyone I meet on the internet, regardless of how well I know them or how long i've known them. Maybe when I'm out of college in 5 years, or even during the summer when I'm in college, but definitely not now.
Anyway, you proved at least one of my points.

By the way, these renovations aren't a complete overhaul, yes the list is long, however they won't last for 20-30 years. I wouldn't even call it a facelift (an early error on my part), that is too minor of a term for the renovations, however they aren't as major as an overhaul.
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a facelift and 10 being a complete overhaul, from what I've seen, I'd rate the renovations at a 6 or a 7.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Will there be a roof for Kaufman?  NO

Will there be a roof for Arrowhead?  NO

For obvious reasons (money, current designs, needs, etc.) roofs will not be part of these stadiums.

Now, will the Chiefs and Royals stay in the current stadiums till the end of their leases?  YES

Over the last 10 to 15 years and in the near future the building boom of stadiums and arenas have been unprecedented and should not be repeated for a long time.  Who knows what shape the economics of sports will be 30 years from now when a new building boom may start.  Maybe communities may wise up by then and have the teams pay 100% for their facilities, or at least pay for them in paid rent fees.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

There doesn't have to be a national/regional building boom for things like that to happen. In fact, building booms can be bad because each city does a version of what another city does instead of doing something in their own way.

I don't care too much for a roof, I'd favor just a temporary roof for Arrowhead so we can attract the SuperBowl... But the dumb voters didn't realize how much a Super Bowl and an All Star Game could do for the KC area... But at least we have the All Star Game coming to KC...
Last edited by ShowMeKC on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

The Truman sports complex was designed,built to be used for 75 years....screw the rolling roof !!i still think if they wanted a roof they should of explored the option of splitting the 200 million in half and built a new retractable roof stadium for the chiefs at the tsc, and moved the royals dt.wonder if that would have gotten a yes vote?425 million for the chiefs,and 350 million for the royals.and they could of sold naming rights for 100 million for the new stadium at the tsc,and 50 to 75 million for the new ballpark dt.all of those county officials who said that the current plan was the only way to do this,was very narrow minded,and full of horse shit!!!!! :x