TSC Renovations

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: TSC Renovations

Post by AllThingsKC »

Just some random photos from about 45 minutes ago:

KC is the way to be!
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

startin' to come together boys...startin' to come together.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Awesome pics.  I forgot about the grandstand (& Viewing deck) they are adding along the top of Arrowhead.  Wow!

On another note...I now understand why everyone is complaining about the lack of a "KC" logo across the back of the scoreboard...its hideous!!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCRoyal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRoyal »

VIDEO from the KC STAR:
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hoste ... id=5600686

Also pictures from KansasCity.com
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Anyone going out on Saturday to report on the reno?
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

So are the new press boxes not going to be completed until next offseason or do they think they can get it done in the next 4 weeks?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KansasCityCraka wrote: So are the new press boxes not going to be completed until next offseason or do they think they can get it done in the next 4 weeks?
Don't know about the sky/press boxes specifically - but construction is not supposed to be complete until start of next season and that does appear to be about the least complete piece, so it would stand to reason it might not be done till next year. 
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

AllThingsKC wrote:
Looking at this photo, I wonder if there will be enough lights at Arrowhead.  I only see the 2 light areas for the field.
KC is the way to be!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

AllThingsKC wrote: Looking at this photo, I wonder if there will be enough lights at Arrowhead.  I only see the 2 light areas for the field.
Today's Star article actually said it would be twice as bright as before - they apparently enhanced the old lights on the one side and have new lights attached to the skybox structure on the other side. 
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KansasCityCraka wrote: So are the new press boxes not going to be completed until next offseason or do they think they can get it done in the next 4 weeks?
Next year. they haven't even enclosed the press box space yet. So they aren't even half way done.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Thanks for the pics ATKC, they are really good! As for the scoreboard situation; It looks to me like they could be waiting for a corporate name. The three times I went to the stadium this year I didn't see any signage that stated that you were at, or welcome to Kauffman Stadium anywhere.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Hung out in the club level enclosed area for most of the game. Pretty damn nice. Bars/concessions/bathrooms everywhere. Flat screens galore. Still got a long way to go.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

We made an unexpected trip out to the game on Sat and got to check out the progress.  From the seating area there is really very little that feels noticeably different beyond the new scoreboards and the sky box thing.  The concourse was a bit more spacious and it was much easier to get around - though there is very little in the way of visual references and it is very easy to completely loose track of where you are in the stadium.  Local flavour includes Gates, Garozzos, and Peachtree - had some chicken speidini that was every bit as good as the restaurant.  I was mighty tempted by the catfish nuggest but they were too far away.  I didn't notice any large merchandise store like at the K, just lots of little stalls with limited offerings - perhaps this going in the areas still under contruction. 

Lots of practical improvements, but not much in the way of dramatic visual change like Kaufman. 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Local flavour includes Gates, Garozzos, and Peachtree - had some chicken speidini that was every bit as good as the restaurant.  I was mighty tempted by the catfish nuggest but they were too far away.  I didn't notice any large merchandise store like at the K, just lots of little stalls with limited offerings - perhaps this going in the areas still under contruction. 

Lots of practical improvements, but not much in the way of dramatic visual change like Kaufman. 
No kidding? How come the Royals couldn't figure out a way to make local options work? I guess the vendors are willing to pay a premium for 10 games instead of 80? Too bad. Would love to see those vendors at The K.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WSPanic wrote: No kidding? How come the Royals couldn't figure out a way to make local options work? I guess the vendors are willing to pay a premium for 10 games instead of 80? Too bad. Would love to see those vendors at The K.
Lot easier to staff, do quality control, and mange inventory for 10 games that will sell out or be near full than it is for 81 games that could be anywhere from 7k to 37 k in attendance.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: No kidding? How come the Royals couldn't figure out a way to make local options work? I guess the vendors are willing to pay a premium for 10 games instead of 80? Too bad. Would love to see those vendors at The K.
I am guessing it was a relatively last minute thing - as all three were in regular concession stands with signs advertising hot dogs up above and no indication of anything different other than some temprorary-looking, print shop sign boards hung off to the side of the stands.  They took a sharp eye to spot.  Hopefully they will get more individualized signage before all is said and done. 
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Arrowhead as of Aug. 1 still has about 90 million dollars left out of the 375 million dollar budget to complete the renovation. From the pictures, and videos that I have seen I think the stadium looks pretty good thus far. With two very expensive new stadiums opening up this year in Dallas, and next year in the Meadowlands the Arrowhead renovation has, and will continue to be overshadowed in the national media. I predict in the next couple of years both Arrowhead, and Kauffman will get the respect they deserve, and will once again be seen as top-teir stadiums (like they were not to long ago) in the eyes of the nation!
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

The new Arrowhead will be 1.62 million sq. feet. roughly the same size as cleveland browns stadium, but smaller than Invesco, Paul Brown, and the Linc. I also read that Jackson Co. has the renovation at $400 million 212.5 mil from jackson co, 125 mil from chiefs, and 62.5 mil from state.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

After seeing what the new football stadium in Dallas looks like, the renovations to Arrowhead already look outdated.  :evil:

The new Dallas stadium looks absolutely amazing...and holds at least 105,000 people.
KC is the way to be!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

We don't have an owner that will spend 1 billion $ to build an amazing stadium.