GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by macnw »

I don't get you guys. You want to bitch about past performance of the Royals and now are worrying about next year. How about focusing on the task at hand. We have Shields now, we have the off season to attend to future pitchers. Let's deal with the task at hand, in the present, here tonight. Tomorrow we can focus on that game and so on....
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

On a day when there's no baseball being played, a story breaks that the Royals might be about to offer the largest contract in team history, and macnw "doesn't get" why we're talking about it.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

macnw wrote:I don't get you guys. You want to bitch about past performance of the Royals and now are worrying about next year. How about focusing on the task at hand. We have Shields now, we have the off season to attend to future pitchers. Let's deal with the task at hand, in the present, here tonight. Tomorrow we can focus on that game and so on....
We can go back to bickering about baserunning if that would make you happier. :D

Personally, I'm just killing time until 7:07 tonight. This 4 day layoff is brutal. The previews, the human interest stories, the predictions all run together. I think even Mellinger is at a loss for something to talk about. At this point I don't know what to talk about if not next season or free agents. I feel like everything else has been pretty well covered.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

And the forecast is not promising for holding the layoff to only four days (although it has improved a bit in the past hour or so): http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... pe=digital
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

We can go back to bickering about baserunning if that would make you happier. :D
The Sporting News ran an article concerning the 8 managerial decisions in the playoffs so far this year that were considered mistakes. The double steal call didn't make this list, not even the honorable mentioned. The pitching substitution though did make it as one of the 8 mistakes.
;-)
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

The Sporting News is still around? Man, ya learn something new everyday. :D
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:
The Sporting News ran an article concerning the 8 managerial decisions in the playoffs so far this year that were considered mistakes. The double steal call didn't make this list, not even the honorable mentioned. The pitching substitution though did make it as one of the 8 mistakes.
;-)
Case closed, then. You must be right!
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Silence is golden. Tomorrow we can bitch and moan about what should of been or could have been done if only we had a new pitcher...
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Seems the boys have chosen an excellent time to enjoy another nice win streak. And statistically, any team that wins game one of the ALCS in extra innings goes on to win the series. So obviously it's a lock, we can just stop watching and gear up for the world series at this point.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

I agree, let's stop blabbering all the stats. So far none of them hold any water. Therefore, let them play and we will see what happens. :idea:
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Showalter made a pretty savvy move last night, bringing in Darren O'Day to face Butler with one out in the 9th. Butler is close to the top of the league in GIDP, and O'Day is close to the top of the league in inducing double plays. That's a part of Butler's game he really needs to improve on for next season. It might dampen how much he can get on the free agent market.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Yost inexplicably sticks with a struggling Ventura long enough for him to hurt himself. In getting there, we lose the lead through a combination of Yost's refusal to pull Ventura and also his refusal to play Christian Colon when Infante's been playing with a sore shoulder for months. God help me if we don't pull this game out.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

It's tied in the 8th, we've got them right where we want them.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

For whatever reason I feel particularly bad about what's going on in this game, but I guess I have never felt great about a lot of what this team does and somehow we're up one game to none in the ALCS so maybe that's a good thing?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Tell me how you feel right now.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I never doubted for a second
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Read that there were alot of empty seats in every section in Baltimore all through game 2, including behind home plate. MLB attendance is down overall compared to last decades. Seems to be more fickle interest than ever in MLB. Can probably survive but with short attention span of video game/mobile phone generation, they may have to make some changes w/out turning into obnoxious WWF - all pro sports seems to be heading that direction.

I lost interest in MLB after 95 strike and haven't watched a full game since but it is very cool to see a young team beat bought teams (high salaries) - probably why most of America pulling for them. Fun to see but will admit as an observing bystander, would be hypocritical to call myself a fan, when not even a fickle one.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I don't know if or why there were empty seats but as someone who tried to snag tickets to these games I can tell you every single one of them sold out very quickly. If seats were empty, it's not because they weren't sold.