GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Callaspo's backhand flip to Aviles is the #1 play of the day on SportsCenter.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=4184827
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

MidtownCat wrote: I keep waiting for Billy Butler to quit sucking and I'm starting to think it's simply never going to happen. 

The dude literally is one of the worst MLB hitters in history with runners in scoring position.
First I was gonna say give the kid a break, he's only 22 years old and he certainly hasn't peaked yet.  But then, just out of curiosity, I did check to see what his career stats are with RISP: .308 batting average and .873 OPS with 18 doubles, seven home runs, and (Chef, bless his heart, is gonna be sad he's missing this) 89 RBI in 223 plate appearances.

So let's try not to overreact too much to his performance in a single plate appearance or a single game.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

ZACK GREINKE FOR PRESIDENT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Last edited by AllThingsKC on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC is the way to be!
kuwolde
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kuwolde »

And Billy Butler gets the game winning RBI.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote:
Time for an update!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

im2kull wrote: Time for an update!
We won on Saturday...  but so did every other team in our division.  :x
KC is the way to be!
omenapt
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by omenapt »

should we not take notice of RA (runs against) ..still  #1 in the league(lowest amount)  and that Greinke pitched a full 9 innings yesterday...to me these stats speak  volumes about our prospects this year!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

F+(>

How much would it cost to release Farnsworth? 3rd game he has given up in 4 appearances.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I don't usually like to say that you gave the game away; I mean, give some credit where credit is due, the other team had to do their part to take whatever you were giving.

But between Davies with the four walks in the first inning (credit to him for settling down and turning in a quality start, though), Hillman overmanaging by pulling Cruz after just two outs, DeJesus dropping a ball that hit his glove (granted, a tough play), Jacobs' inexcusable error, Callaspo's poor throw to the plate, and the mystifying decision to bring Kyle Farnsworth into a tie game in the 9th inning...

I think it's safe to say the Royals gave that game away.

The defense caught up to them today.  Suddenly the decision to protect Hochevar in AAA makes so much more sense.  He could pitch the game of his life and still get absolutely brutal results with this infield behind him.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

We didn't deserve to win that game....keep winning series and we'll be doing awesome. 
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Farnsworth strikes again. We can't keep putting that gas can in the game.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

NDTeve wrote: Farnsworth strikes again. We can't keep putting that gas can in the game.
yeah he gave up the homer but that game was lost by way more people than just him.  We'll need him later so hopefully he gets straightened out.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Regardless, Farnsy is 0-3 as a relief pitcher...this year.  Lets put that in perspective:

Yeah...Thats right.  I'm drawing a blank.  Its numbing to think that anyone could be put in, and blow, enough pressure situations in 3 games, to be 0-3 with less than 20 pitches across those 3 games.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Farnsworth now has more losses than the rest of the team combined.  But like KCP said, today's loss was a total team effort.  Farnsworth dealt the final blow, but it took a lot to get to that point in the first place and he had nothing to do with any of that.  More than any other single person, Trey Hillman lost this game.  But let's not overlook the infield defense or the lackluster showing by the rest of the bullpen either.  Everybody contributed to this fiasco.

Moreover, I feel like every game Farnsworth loses is less and less his fault.  I mean, the book has been out on this guy for years.  You know, or at least you should know, what he's gonna give you.  Hillman should have known better than to send him out for the eighth inning on Opening Day.  It was a thoroughly terrible decision and even Irving Fisher would have known what was coming next.  Hillman played with fire and got burned.  An animal would have learned a valuable lesson from that experience, but Hillman has instead chosen to send Farnsworth out during a tie game twice more, and each time he gave up the go-ahead or game winning run.  Farnsworth is a bad pitcher, but it's not his fault that Hillman keeps calling his number at the worst times.  Certainly I do blame Kyle for giving up the homer, but more than that, I blame Trey for putting him on the mound.

Managing a baseball team has to be the easiest head coaching job of any sport, but somehow so many guys out there just don't get it, and somehow most of them end up working for the Royals at some time or another.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

So, we've lost 5 game this season and Farnsworth is directly responsible for the 3 of the them.

It's obvious, the guy is worthless.  For Christ sakes, he gave served up a homerun on his second pitch yesterday.  The leg pissing in his previous two outings were nearly as pathetic.

The bigger issue here is Hillman, in my opinion, and his inexplicable management decisions in regard to our bullpen that continue to cost us winnable games.  One, why pull Cruz to go with Mahay in the first place?  And two, when Mahay puts the tieing runs on, you've got arguable the best closer in baseball, so why in the hell are putting Jamey Wright in instead of pitching Soria with two outs in the eighth and have him work the final four outs?

To me, this is far more absurd than having Jacobs playing first base instead of batting in the DH spot. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Agree with all comments. Definitely see where you're coming from phuque...how can we talk about Sora as a starter when our manager doesn't feel comfortable having him in for more than 3 outs?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Soria should have been put in the game in the 8th. They talked about getting him some 4 and 5 out saves this year, but I guess that was just lip service. He definitely should have been in the game when there was trouble in the 8th. The game should have never been tied in the first place for Farnsy to blow it.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

The most frustrating thing is that it appears we finally have the talent to compete.  And we're being held back by our managing.

Seriously, some of the stuff we've seen out Hillman this year has been totally inexplicable.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Hillman made a lot of those same mistakes last year.