PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
darin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by darin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:29 am

Agreed.  Great win for the Roos tonight.  As for the LJ thing- no connection, he's just a huge sports fan.  I go to every game and he's almost always there. 

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: East Loop
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by MidWestSider » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:09 pm

I can't believe so few people show up to the games.

with this being the highest level of basketball we have in KC..  there is no reason we shouldnt average at least 5,000 a night.

I understand Saturday KU was in town, so that probably got most of KC's college bb attention.

User avatar
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 14070
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: Sunny Johnson County

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by Maitre D » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Nobody cares about UMKC.

if they were in the Mo Valley, that woudl get 4K/nite probably.  but since they're not, nobody wants to see their crap schedule.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin

User avatar
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 24051
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: The basement of a Ross Dress for Less
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by KCMax » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:17 pm

When they went on that winning streak a few years ago, they began to draw pretty good crowds. They need to be in a position where they are consistently competing for a conference title. Then they need to bump up to a better conference like the Horizon, and maybe someday, years down the road, the MVC.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: East Loop
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by MidWestSider » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 pm

So.. 

If you're a basketball enthusiast and you live in the metro area, what do you do?

A) Drive to Lawrence/Columbia

B) Max to the Muni and watch UMKC

C) Weekend trips to Chi, Den, Minn, Mem to watch NBA?

D) Nothing..  Wait for the NBA to come to the Sprint Center.

User avatar
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 14070
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: Sunny Johnson County

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by Maitre D » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 pm

MidWestSider wrote:So.. 

If you're a basketball enthusiast and you live in the metro area, what do you do?

A) Drive to Lawrence/Columbia



Judging by the attendance numbers, nobody is driving to Columbia for hoops.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14667
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Valentine

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by LenexatoKCMO » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:41 pm

MidWestSider wrote:I can't believe so few people show up to the games.

with this being the highest level of basketball we have in KC..  there is no reason we shouldnt average at least 5,000 a night.

I understand Saturday KU was in town, so that probably got most of KC's college bb attention.


How many did they get for UMKC Saturday?  We got caught in quite a mess trying to get through the loop during the transition period between the KU and UMKC games - lots of folks trying to come and go at the same time. 

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: East Loop
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by MidWestSider » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:49 pm

2,309 for UMKC

plus the Nutcracker was starting at the Music Hall

User avatar
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 9229
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (Downtown)
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by AllThingsKC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:54 pm

If UMKC wants to increase attendance, they need to keep winning games.  Winning cures all.

And, it wouln't hurt if they could (somehow) play one game or more at the Sprint Center.

I don't think the Roos are promoted very well.  Since they are the highest level of basketball in Kansas City, they should market the team better, IMO.  That would help raise awareness.

GO ROOS!
beautyfromashes wrote:This thread is now worse than the Downtown Stadium/ Save our Stadiums thread. It makes me want to shoot myself in the head everytime I see it turn red. Congratulations ATKC, you now = kcdcchef.

User avatar
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 14070
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: Sunny Johnson County

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by Maitre D » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:14 pm

AllThingsKC wrote:And, it wouln't hurt if they could (somehow) play one game or more at the Sprint Center.


Yeah - if they play KU, they should get a crack at the SC.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: East Loop
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by MidWestSider » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Oral Roberts averages 3x as many as UMKC..  in the same "crap" divison.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14667
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Valentine

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by LenexatoKCMO » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:58 pm

MidWestSider wrote:Oral Roberts averages 3x as many as UMKC..  in the same "crap" divison.


Yeah but ORU has had a couple good years and is probably about the only thing to do in the winter time in Tulsa - especially if you are a strict neo-pentacostal, in which case, watching wholesome basketball may be one of the only activities you can engage in without spontaneously combusting in sinful hellfire. 

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6687
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by kcmetro » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:34 pm

LenexatoKCMO wrote:Yeah but ORU has had a couple good years and is probably about the only thing to do in the winter time in Tulsa - especially if you are a strict neo-pentacostal, in which case, watching wholesome basketball may be one of the only activities you can engage in without spontaneously combusting in sinful hellfire


Or engaging in gay sex in a Tulsa airport restroom.

User avatar
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 14070
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: Sunny Johnson County

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by Maitre D » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:39 pm

I find it terribly ironic that the people making the most fun of Larry Craig's homosexual tryst, are liberals.  Who like to lecture the rest of us about "tolerance".


Ironic to the Nth degree.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin

User avatar
WSPanic
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3392
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by WSPanic » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:46 pm

I find it terribly ironic that the people making the most fun of Larry Craig's homosexual tryst, are liberals.  Who like to lecture the rest of us about "tolerance".


Ironic to the Nth degree.


What homosexual tryst? He simply has a wide stance, right? I mean, a conservative who got caught in a position that flies in the face of everything he says publicly wouldn't dare lie about such a thing, would he?

Or, could it be that liberals are less open minded towards people who say in public that gays are vile and will go to hell, but in their own lives do the very same thing? Hmm....

You're probably right, though. Only liberals are hypocrits. All conservatives are true to their word and never lie.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6687
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by kcmetro » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:55 pm

WSPanic wrote:What homosexual tryst? He simply has a wide stance, right? I mean, a conservative who got caught in a position that flies in the face of everything he says publicly wouldn't dare lie about such a thing, would he?

Or, could it be that liberals are less open minded towards people who say in public that gays are vile and will go to hell, but in their own lives do the very same thing? Hmm....

You're probably right, though. Only liberals are hypocrits. All conservatives are true to their word and never lie.


What he said.

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: East Loop
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by MidWestSider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:48 pm

UMKC vs. Northern Iowa  -  Kansas City, Mo. (Municipal)   

Wed, Dec 19  7:05 p.m.

User avatar
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 9229
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (Downtown)
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by AllThingsKC » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:51 pm

MidWestSider wrote:UMKC vs. Northern Iowa  -  Kansas City, Mo. (Municipal)   

Wed, Dec 19  7:05 p.m.


Will UMKC draw more people than Mizzou?  :lol:  &

GO ROOS!  It should be an awesome game tonight.
beautyfromashes wrote:This thread is now worse than the Downtown Stadium/ Save our Stadiums thread. It makes me want to shoot myself in the head everytime I see it turn red. Congratulations ATKC, you now = kcdcchef.

User avatar
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 9229
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (Downtown)
Contact:

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by AllThingsKC » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:43 pm

64-60.  Tough loss for the Roos!    :(
beautyfromashes wrote:This thread is now worse than the Downtown Stadium/ Save our Stadiums thread. It makes me want to shoot myself in the head everytime I see it turn red. Congratulations ATKC, you now = kcdcchef.

User avatar
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 4795
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:01 pm

Re: PUMP UP THE ROOS!

Post by KansasCityCraka » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 pm

Attendance was 1,707. UMKC is averaging 1,566 a game so far this season.

Post Reply