Kansas City NHL Articles

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Kansas City NHL Articles

Post by DowntownBryan »

If you step back and look at all of this, it's hilarious. Pittsburgh and Nashville are so threatened by Kansas City that they comfort themselves by posting worthless stats about population and "high rise condo towers", all because of the thought of relocation of their hockey franchise. Even if we dont end up getting a team by this fall we sure as hell have made an impact on the NHL and its current cities IMO.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

KCPowercat wrote: I thought the naming right monies were going directly to AEG?
If we go back to the beginning of the debate of the center we can find the answer.  My memory is that naming rights went to debt service.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

In the realm of "not going to happen", an Allegheny County Commissioner thinks the Pens should be available to be bought by the public.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

I find it funny those on the Pens boards trust the information coming from the writters that respond to thier emails.

Why go with the person that has been reliable, trust the guy who answers your petty questions.

In my book, none of those "reporters" have been reliable. I believe the first week of january they said the deal would be announced within a week.

LAME.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

So what the heck has been going on with this lately? I haven't heard any news. Is it pretty much that the Pens are going to stay in Pitt? Or is there still a chance KC will get the team? That 30-day deadline was total b.s. since that was like 10 days ago.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

The longer this goes, I'd say it makes it obvious they are staying.

The turn around time for moving would be short. Not Nordiques short, but short non the less.

Right now they are supposedly stuck on some details. Most notibly the $10 Million owed to IoC. The Penguins want the State or whoever to pick up the tab. Eventhough they are the idiots that signed such a deal.

What kind of chance does KC have. Slim to none. But if talks stall or someone gets pissed again, expect to hear KC dragged into this one more time. Though I still beleive it's an idle threat.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Is anyone at the Star or 810 doing any work on this story any more?

Any calls to Mario's office, or information about them stonewalling KC?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

The team right now is winning, and any stories about moving could be considered a distraction. Like I said earlier, we might be waiting for a long while for any kind of answer.(like after the pens are eliminated from the playoffs just like they did with the nordiques move to denver)
Topeka Blade
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Topeka Blade »

KCMax wrote: In the realm of "not going to happen", an Allegheny County Commissioner thinks the Pens should be available to be bought by the public.

It's a FORMER county commissioner, one who's running for another county office, who remembers back in the mid-80s when the Pirates were purchased by the county for $20 million.  That didn't work out very well, and besides, the price tag is a bit steeper.  File this story under "Hot Air."
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Is anyone at the Star or 810 doing any work on this story any more?

Any calls to Mario's office, or information about them stonewalling KC?
Amen brother.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Everybody here knows the deal...we put the offer out there but knew Pitt would get it done...why waste time?  The deal was put out there more for all the other teams that might be looking.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Ez Street wrote: Amen brother.
I think this only proves KC's disinterest in the sport.  We report when there's 3 weeks of news, but after, why bother?

That's probably what would happen if they came.  Would sell out for 2 months, then.....
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

No, I think it would work.

But the Media's silence is probably because it is a long shot.

Once they figured it out like we did, they didn't feel the need to cover it.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

The Star still seems to be hopeful, based on the fact that they continue to cover the NHL more than they did in previous seasons. But if the Pens announce a deal in Pittsburgh, I bet the Star's hockey coverage will drop back to almost nothing.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: I think this only proves KC's disinterest in the sport.  We report when there's 3 weeks of news, but after, why bother?

That's probably what would happen if they came.  Would sell out for 2 months, then.....
Depends on whether they win or not.  As the Chiefs have proven over the past 16 years, we certainly don't set the bar too high for our sports teams.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

phxcat wrote: Grid, as a former special ed teacher, I just have to say that I really don't kow what to think after reading that thread.  Not just that there is one poster there who continuously posts bad information (a simple reading of the biusiness journal article does not come close to indicating what he is claiming it does- so Nashville is growing fast enough to be the size that KC is now by 2025?  and he missed the words "among the cities growing faster are" before Atlanta and Charlotte were mentioned) and then complain that you can't argue against the stats, but everyone else agrees with him.  Like I said, as a former special ed teacher (and this is nothing against special ed students- they are all different, but sometimes the disability will get in the way of comprehension of certain concepts for a while) I could give that poster the benefit of the doubt, but for almost no one else to see the gaping holes in his arguement,I seriously have to question the educational system of the entire city of Nashville.
So how do you win an argument with these immature kids?  Anybody else want to attempt?  :D

http://boards.nashvillepredators.com/fo ... ntry201702
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Why try? You don't argue with your dog, do you?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

KCMax wrote: Why try? You don't argue with your dog, do you?
Hey - watch it.  After I've had a few beers my dog and I have some really deep debates about the nature of God, the universe and professional wrestling.    :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: Why try? You don't argue with your dog, do you?
Depends.  Was the dog born in Kansas?

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

jimb wrote: Hey - watch it.  After I've had a few beers my dog and I have some really deep debates about the nature of God, the universe and professional wrestling.    :D
Who takes the side that professional wrestling isn't fake, it's real?
:)
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.