Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Chiefs

Post by Maitre D »

NDTeve wrote: Did they notice that our defense was 31st in the league?
Yeah but they were 32nd.  Baby steps.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Jack Harry says Denver's former coach, Mike Shanahan, is likely to be KC's head coach.  We could know by Friday.

Mike Shanahan?    :(  In the past 3 years, he's 24-24.  On the other hand, I'd be overjoyed if the Chiefs got to within a few games .500 for one season.
KC is the way to be!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

AllThingsKC wrote: Jack Harry says Denver's former coach, Mike Shanahan, is likely to be KC's head coach.  We could know by Friday.

Mike Shanahan?    :(   In the past 3 years, he's 24-24.   On the other hand, I'd be overjoyed if the Chiefs got to within a few games .500 for one season.
i would rather have a young guy than shanahan. shanahan has done jack shit since elway, and dan reeves gets a lot of credit for elway too.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I agree, but then I hate Mike Shanahan. Mainly because he looks like a pissed off weasel.

The NFL trend is toward younger coaches rather than has-beens who have won a couple Super Bowls. Shanny is nothing special. Why bother with him?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

If Jack Harry says its Shanahan, that means the Chiefs will hire Todd Haley.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

mean wrote: I agree, but then I hate Mike Shanahan. Mainly because he looks like a pissed off weasel.
I couldn't have said it better myself!
KC is the way to be!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

mean wrote: I agree, but then I hate Mike Shanahan. Mainly because he looks like a pissed off weasel.

The NFL trend is toward younger coaches rather than has-beens who have won a couple Super Bowls. Shanny is nothing special. Why bother with him?
totally. tomlin? whisenhut? harbaugh? reid?

all of these dudes were nobodies before being hired to be a HC by their current teams. i will log in here to read the link to the kcstar piece soon i suppose.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Exactly. Something like 29 current head coaches had never been head coaches before when they were hired for their current team's job. Give a guy a chance. Worst thing that can happen at this point is he fails as bad as Herm Edwards.  :?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

KCMax wrote: If Jack Harry says its Shanahan, that means the Chiefs will hire Todd Haley.
this
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

AllThingsKC wrote: Jack Harry says Denver's former coach, Mike Shanahan, is likely to be KC's head coach.  We could know by Friday.

Mike Shanahan?    :(   In the past 3 years, he's 24-24.   On the other hand, I'd be overjoyed if the Chiefs got to within a few games .500 for one season.
WTF. Where does he get his info?
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

When is flattop going to hang up the mic. He is TERRRIBLE>
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Todd Haley is also in line for the Radiers Heda Coach Job or could be in line next year for a Head Coach jub.
I would say Mike here and then Herman to the Raiders as Head Coach. I would to see Jim Fassel or Jim Harbrough as Raiders Head Coach.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Edwards is still the coach, Right?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

till after the super (stuper) bowl
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

ESPN is now reporting Herm has been fired.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: ESPN is now reporting Herm has been fired.
Amazing anyone couldn't see the writing on that wall.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

all over espn, and espn news right now. nothing anywhere else, yet.

why do kc teams have no idea how to fire a coach??

muser deserved to go, but did not deserve to get told by frank boal. gunther shoulda never been hired, he did not deserve to find out online he'd been fired. we all know buddy bell didn't "retire", and everyone and their mother knew pioli would not keep herm. this is the most fucked up way to do business that we do in kc with our coaches/managers.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Agreed that every terminated employee should get 2 courtesies:  (1) a sit down meeting describing any deficiencies so the employee gets a chance to correct them; (2) A private meeting where he's told of the termination face-to-face before anyone else is.

That said, Herm won 6 games in two years.  There's a new GM.  His coaching staff is scattered over the country.  He knew he wasn't performing.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking ... 98240.html

there, someone finally beat max posting a kc star news story!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Expect Shanahan to be announced as the new HC on Monday.