KC's 2018 basketball trio

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

KC's 2018 basketball trio

Post by flyingember »

The NCAA women's tournament has 7 games total in KC with the last two days today and tomorrow
https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracke ... l-women/d1

NAIA had 31 games
Big 12 had 9 games

For a total of 47 tournament games held here this winter.

That's extremely impressive.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: KC's 2018 basketball trio

Post by Highlander »

flyingember wrote:The NCAA women's tournament has 7 games total in KC with the last two days today and tomorrow
https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracke ... l-women/d1

NAIA had 31 games
Big 12 had 9 games

For a total of 47 tournament games held here this winter.

That's extremely impressive.
KC has received a lot of recent accolades as a basketball venue. I hope that translates to either a first round or regional NCAA tourney destination on a near annual basis. The Sprint Center location has really become one of the better situated sports venues in the country - it's too bad it's not a little larger in terms of seating capacity. In contrast, I've heard and read that the sec conference in St Louis was underwhelming. It may have something to do with the respective conferences and Mizzou's early exit but ScotTrade Center just isn't as ideally located as Sprint Center is. If nothing else, the P&L district has really helped KC in this regard.

Hopefully, the B12 remains strong and dedicated to KC. Presently, I think they are probably the best basketball conference in the country and that will bode well for KC.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Re: KC's 2018 basketball trio

Post by kcjak »

New arenas in Wichita, Tulsa and Des Moines, the new one in Milwaukee and refurb in Cleveland likely mean that KC will remain on the heavy rotation, rather than every year or two.