NFL Draft

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: NFL Draft

Post by mgsports »

Orlando would be better.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Everybody standing on the street to watch the draft should be embarrassed. This is not an event.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I don't understand how the NFL draft has become this phenomenon? It's like the NFL forcefully tries to stay relevant 12 months out of year even though it's only played 5/6 months out of the year. It's also mind boggling that the sport is talked about and analysed more than it's actually played.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Well the NFL has turned into the WWF and sensationalism sells, so...
/s
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

How about just letting people enjoy what they want to enjoy and keeping your opinion to yourself if you don't enjoy it. Nobody is forcing you to participate, are they?

No one should be embarrassed for enjoying something they enjoy. And you shouldn't try to make them feel that way if you don't. Focus on yourself and how you can bring more positivity into the world.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

&
Last edited by earthling on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I am just questioning why football is played 5% of the time but talked about 95% of the time. While something like baseball is played 95% and talked about 5%. I don't even think they talk about baseball on ESPN anymore. They would rather talk about the "Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB weight gain" in April while 2 other sports playoffs are going on and baseball season is getting started.
I can't think of any other entertainment ventures where it's talked about more than it's actually played.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I was specifically addressing KCpowercats assertion that those fans should be embarrassed for enjoying something they enjoy. Enjoy what you want as long as it doesnt harm anyone.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Null
Last edited by normalthings on Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I think KC could turn out a good crowd if it's downtown. But not 200K - that's insane. Would be awful at TSC.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Nashville had a lot going for it. This wasn't just about watching the draft, it was a huge free party. With the street blocked off, viewers could go in and out of the bars throughout the day/night and not have to miss anything if they were interested in the draft. Free performances by country music stars. And a stadium with football-related activities within walking distance of the draft.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am I think KC could turn out a good crowd if it's downtown. But not 200K - that's insane. Would be awful at TSC.
TSC is the only place that could host 200k people. You could also provide a unique experience by sectioning off different parts for each team. The game day environment at Arrowhead is one of the best in the league. Nobody would enjoy our boring genetic downtown with its overpriced drinks.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

" This year's draft easily shattered records for attendance, as over 600,000 fans fill the streets of Nashville for the three-day event. The previous record came in 2017, when 250,000 attended in Philadelphia."
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:56 am
WSPanic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am I think KC could turn out a good crowd if it's downtown. But not 200K - that's insane. Would be awful at TSC.
TSC is the only place that could host 200k people. You could also provide a unique experience by sectioning off different parts for each team. The game day environment at Arrowhead is one of the best in the league. Nobody would enjoy our boring genetic downtown with its overpriced drinks.
C+ trolling effort. Downtown is plenty big.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:17 am
johnmatrix wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:56 am
C+ trolling effort. Downtown is plenty big.
Not for 200k+ people. Yes the Royals had their parade downtown but i'd imagine out of towners want to be able to do more than sit on a hill for hours and if theres bad weather the whole thing is fubar'd. TSC would provide some cover in the stadiums.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

ok
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Boy i'd hate for you to be a representative during thins. "Well Tennessee and Philly Brought in half a million people for this event. What can Kansas City do? WSP: How about 25k a night?"
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

ok
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

What’s there to do at TSC?? You think those 600k in Nashville sat there and watched Miami draft in the 6th round on day 2 with excitement?
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

And the infrastructure around TSC couldn't support 200K/day - the roads bog dog with normal game day traffic. What's even the total number of parking spots there - 50K? That would mean an average of four people per vehicle to drive to a parking lot where there's nothing to do.