NFL Draft

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

NFL Draft

Post by mgsports »

KC is one of the finalist and lots of area's it could be held.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: NFL Draft

Post by brewcrew1000 »

There are like 2 spots in my opinion. Union Station/Liberty Memorial and like the lawn of the Nelson Atkins.
KCMOJoe89
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCMOJoe89 »

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/2/1 ... -nfl-draft

Reported draft locations in KC bid:

Truman Sports Complex
Grand Boulevard (Power & Light, Midland, Sprint Center, Bartle)
Historic District (Kauffman Center, Union Station, WWI Memorial)
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

In Johnson County area.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

Yes, visionary
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Nashville has landed the 2019 draft. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this, Nashville is not an NFL city. I'm generally kind of pissed. I find Nashville kind of overrated and boring.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Nashville has landed the 2019 draft. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this, Nashville is not an NFL city. I'm generally kind of pissed. I find Nashville kind of overrated and boring.
Why is Nashville not an NFL city? Is this one of those sarcasm posts I don't get?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Its not an NFL city in the sense that it doesn't have a very deep fanbase or long history, i think the NFL is just going after the tourism dollars in this choice. I don't watch the NFL draft anyway so I don't really care, the whole thing seems like a produced entertainment spectacle, so maybe Nashville is a good choice in that sense.

Cleveland, KC, and Denver all deserved it over Nashville, Nashville would have been better choice in 3-4 years
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I agree with you on the importance and entertainment value of this (virtually none), but the Tennessee/Nashville fanbase is pretty solid and it's a good football town. I have some friends that have gone and the downtown vibe and walk across the bridges is a pretty cool gameday experience. I think they sold out for their first 15 years or so.

Regardless, this will move around every year. I imagine we'll get our shot. It seems like they're still trying to figure out how this traveling road show will actually work. Could be a benefit to do it in a few years. Maybe when the new Loew's is done.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Orlando needs to host it.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Shouldn’t we be hearing about this shortly?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

On 810 they said the setup in Nashville is awful
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm On 810 they said the setup in Nashville is awful
Looks like Nashville is expecting over 300,000 in their main outdoor event area this week.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

The crowd looked pretty big on TV. That setup shut down a good chunk of their downtown.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Looking at that crowd the Truman Sports complex would be the best location for hundreds of thousands
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am Looking at that crowd the Truman Sports complex would be the best location for hundreds of thousands
Uh, no. My guess would be Grand in front of Sprint Cebter or the Plaza like on Thanksgiving.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:00 am
johnmatrix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am Looking at that crowd the Truman Sports complex would be the best location for hundreds of thousands
Uh, no. My guess would be Grand in front of Sprint Cebter or the Plaza like on Thanksgiving.
I think union station would be the best. U have the grassy hill where regular fans can watch. It would be similar to world series
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Not enough room. You could fit 40 or 50k in Arrowhead another 30K in Kauffman and have plenty of room to setup stuff in the parking lot.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am
I think union station would be the best. U have the grassy hill where regular fans can watch. It would be similar to world series
I’d go for that too! Had 100k there for the parade rally. Would be cool to have the stage in the grand hall and large video screen outside for overflow crowd.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am
I’d go for that too! Had 100k there for the parade rally. Would be cool to have the stage in the grand hall and large video screen outside for overflow crowd.
1. NFL Draft Crowds would be 2-3 times larger (100-150k per day) than those of Celebration at the Station(50k). I worry about having all those people destroy the Memorial’s front lawn.

2. The benefit of Grand @ P/L is the proximity to many existing bars/restaurants. Liberty Memorial is semi isolated on a hill. Hosting on grand also reduces weather risk (paved ground, some areas under canopy).

3. Hosting at TSC doesn’t provide the exposure that hosting downtown does. It also doesn’t provide as good of an experience.

4. Winning the NFL Draft would be an extremely tremendous honor. Successfully winning/hosting the event is sure to bring additonal development and conventions.