Curse of the Shuttlecock???

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
ResoluteKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Curse of the Shuttlecock???

Post by ResoluteKC »

FACT: Since the badminton birdies were put on the lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in 1994, there have been no playoff victories for the Kansas City Royals or the Chiefs!

Prior to the Shuttlecocks being installed the Royals had seven winning seasons and a World Series Championship, while the Chiefs had three playoff wins.

Do not give me the unsound argument on how Sporting KC debunks the curse, because it does not.

Sporting KC is not located in the same state as the shuttlecocks (maybe a KCMO curse only??) AND the Wizards (Sporting KC) was founded in 1995, after the Shuttlecocks were installed. I am not 100% sure how curses actually work but my gut tells me you cannot inherit bad luck...

FYI: This is not a rag on the KC art culture, I enjoy getting stoned and looking at art just as much as the next guy. However, it is something to consider as our days are limited in this Royals Pennant chase!!.. All eyes are on you Nelson-Atkins Museum!

#HuntForBlueOctober

Original Posted: resolutekc.com
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Curse of the Shuttlecock???

Post by shinatoo »

You just coming up with that, or are you just reallllllly really late in plagiarizing Sam Melinger of the KC Star.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

FACT: Since my parents had their driveway repaved in 1994, there have been no playoff victories for the Kansas City Royals or the Chiefs!
ResoluteKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ResoluteKC »

shinatoo wrote:You just coming up with that, or are you just reallllllly really late in plagiarizing Sam Melinger of the KC Star.

***if it was not for Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star approximately 25% of this article would not be possible!!!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The Royals playoff woes pre-date the 1994 shuttlecocks.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

AllThingsKC wrote:The Royals playoff woes pre-date the 1994 shuttlecocks.
...also, the Wizards won it all in Kansas AND Missouri. 1994 was the collective bargaining agreement in baseball, which completely changed the economic landscape. In a way, the Royals woes are understandable as they have not been able/been willing to keep up with the spending of bigger cities. The Chiefs' streak, on the other hand, is a more remarkable run of zero playoff victories.

Until a few years ago, only 6 teams made the playoffs in baseball, while 12 teams have made the playoffs in football for that entire time. During the 1985 to 1994 period (and before), only 4 MLB teams made the playoffs, so it was even more difficult for the Royals to get into the playoffs. 1994 just happened to be a year when a lot of things happened that changed baseball and made it a lot less likely the Royals would compete with the big boys. As for the Chiefs, it took the biggest choke job in NFL history to continue that streak.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

harbinger911 wrote:The wizards and sporting soccer are not KC "teams."
There are only pro sports that matter to KCians that's NFL and MLB...the rest is bullshit.

i could care less about the shuttlecocks or retarded theories but stop talking about shit that doesn't matter like soccer or some dumb shit that happens in kansass.
Uh, yeah you're pretty wrong on that one. On just about all fronts.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

harbinger911 wrote:The wizards and sporting soccer are not KC "teams."
There are only pro sports that matter to KCians that's NFL and MLB...the rest is bullshit.
3 years ago, you'd have probably been right. not anymore, though. 50+ straight league sellouts averaging more than 19k speaks for itself. just because you don't give a shit, doesn't mean no one else does. keep living in your bubble, though.