2013 - 2014 College Football Season

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: 2013 - 2014 College Football Season

Post by AllThingsKC »

phxcat wrote: You are right, the SEC is among the best, and it is better to have a record of 5-1 than 0-6. If they were 0-6 against that lineup they have played so far, they would easily be the worst of the big 6 conferences.
That's right.
phxcat wrote:If the six Big 12 bowl participants had played those six teams (in any combination) it would more than likely be 6-0.
Of course! The Big 12 is hands down THE BEST in hypothetical scenarios. That is one of the major downsides to Mizzou being the SEC: the SEC sucks in hypothetical scenarios! I have to give props to the Big 12 for winning the hypothetical national championship every year.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

AllThingsKC wrote:
phxcat wrote: You are right, the SEC is among the best, and it is better to have a record of 5-1 than 0-6. If they were 0-6 against that lineup they have played so far, they would easily be the worst of the big 6 conferences.
That's right.
phxcat wrote:If the six Big 12 bowl participants had played those six teams (in any combination) it would more than likely be 6-0.
Of course! The Big 12 is hands down THE BEST in hypothetical scenarios. That is one of the major downsides to Mizzou being the SEC: the SEC sucks in hypothetical scenarios! I have to give props to the Big 12 for winning the hypothetical national championship every year.
As of halftime, Bama is making one hell of a mess of the SEC's reputation. But I've got to say, its a good thing to see Bama fans in tears...at HALFTIME. LAWL. The other SEC division champ should have been in the Sugar bowl.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

shinatoo wrote:But I've got to say, its a good thing to see Bama fans in tears...at HALFTIME. LAWL.
=D> Love it.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

It isn't hypothetical, though, that the SEC games are way more favorable matchup-wise than the Big 12. Why does it make sense for #3 to play #11 other than due to some arbitrary, ancient bowl affiliation system?
harbinger911 wrote:Within the top 20 or so teams - rankings are meaningless.
in fact, within the top 20, home field advantage and injuries would trump stats and ranking IMO
If your school had a football team and if that team somehow ever played a relevant game - you might already know this.
Remind me what BCS bowl game your team has won played in again?

There is a larger point here about one game not painting the full picture of a team's worth, but it will either take puberty or the same logic benefitting your team for you to comprehend it.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

bobbyhawks wrote:It isn't hypothetical, though, that the SEC games are way more favorable matchup-wise than the Big 12. Why does it make sense for #3 to play #11 other than due to some arbitrary, ancient bowl affiliation system?
I agree. But, the SEC doesn't get the pick its opponents. That's a product of a horrible bowl system. I can understand people wanting to see Alabama/Oklahoma. But, who wants to see UCF/Baylor? Or Nebraska/Georgia again? You don't get to pick your bowl opponent. You just have to try to beat them.

This is slightly off-topic from the point you're making, but I do not like the Cotton Bowl match up for Mizzou. It's a no win situation for Mizzou. If Mizzou wins, there's no big deal in beating a Big 12 team. But, if Mizzou loses, it's OMG! HOW DO YOU LOSE TO A BIG 12 TEAM? Just like it was a no-win situation for Baylor by playing UCF. If they beat UCF, who cares? They're suppose to beat UCF. But, they lost, so it's HOW DO YOU LOSE TO UCF?

Though, in terms of a fun and enjoyable football match-up with no clear favorite, the Cotton Bowl might be a good game.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

AllThingsKC wrote:
No, that is an upside of Mizzou leaving for the SEC. They got a cakewalk through a weak SEC east schedule to the SEC championship, Cotton Bowl birth and top ten ranking.
AllThingsKC wrote: This is slightly off-topic from the point you're making, but I do not like the Cotton Bowl match up for Mizzou. It's a no win situation for Mizzou. If Mizzou wins, there's no big deal in beating a Big 12 team. But, if Mizzou loses, it's OMG! HOW DO YOU LOSE TO A BIG 12 TEAM? Just like it was a no-win situation for Baylor by playing UCF. If they beat UCF, who cares? They're suppose to beat UCF. But, they lost, so it's HOW DO YOU LOSE TO UCF?
What are you talking about? OSU is favored!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

phxcat wrote:No, that is an upside of Mizzou leaving for the SEC. They got a cakewalk through a weak SEC east schedule to the SEC championship, Cotton Bowl birth and top ten ranking.
Yep. Don't you wish your favorite team was in the SEC? Say, didn't Baylor get to cakewalk through a weak Big 12 to win the Big 12 championship, Fiesta Bowl, and top ten ranking?
phxcat wrote:What are you talking about? OSU is favored!
Yes, by 1 or 1.5. So, there's really no clear favorite.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Definitely can't blame the SEC for the stupid bowl system. I can blame people who don't put conference bowl records into some context.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

bobbyhawks wrote:I can blame people who don't put conference bowl records into some context.
Exactly. Put the blame on 95% of college football fans.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

Well, now I feel foolish :oops: I didn't think the Big 12 was that much better than the SEC that Oklahoma would beat Alabama.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Big brother losing to OU must've hurt. Ouch.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

phxcat wrote:Well, now I feel foolish :oops: I didn't think the Big 12 was that much better than the SEC that Oklahoma would beat Alabama.
But, Alabama won hypothetically. So, there's that. :P
KC-wildcat wrote:Big brother losing to OU must've hurt. Ouch.
Huh?
Last edited by AllThingsKC on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Holy Trollie McTrollerson!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Because I was in the middle of a conversation on a message board. You're posting insults, pictures, and trash talk at random times. I mean, I agree with all the points you've made, of course. And, I've even been guilty of trash talk myself (and some trash talk is fun anyway). But for the most part, I think folks are trying to keep things civil. In any event, Mizzou ruined the SEC!

On a completely unrelated note: There's nothing to do in Dallas at this time of night.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

harbinger911 wrote:
AllThingsKC wrote:Holy Trollie McTrollerson!
How come when I post twice in one day I'm a troll and when you post 18 times you're not a troll?
No wonder this forum sux a$$, you douches hate having anyone else participate in your pathetic pastime. You should be dropped on your head.
You know you're a troll when your own fanbase calls you out for it.

Jaydork twice in one post? Did MoMan steal your log in info?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Rumors Bob Stoops may bolt OU for the Cleveland Browns. Seems like a step down to me.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Well, that last page was hilarious reading after knowing that Oklahoma won the game last night.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

In a small way, I feel like K-State has won the World Series.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

AllThingsKC wrote:In a small way, I feel like K-State has won the World Series.
In a big way, I feel like Missouri just learned that their father is not invincible. Daddy was supposed to be there for protection, to beat up on the big, bad BigXII for MIZ. Then they got worked over by OU, MU's old abusive boyfriend. It's sad, really.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

It's odd you think Alabama is somehow Mizzou's "daddy" or that OU's win somehow has an impact on Mizzou.