2013 NCAA Tourney

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: 2013 NCAA Tourney

Post by AllThingsKC »

It would be awesome to see a Missouri Valley team win it all, though I don't expect that to happen.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AllThingsKC wrote:It would be awesome to see a Missouri Valley team win it all, though I don't expect that to happen.
Unfortunately for them, Duke and Louisville are probably the two best teams still alive. Michigan and/or Syracuse would not be easy but WSU will have to play the best to get to the next best.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

If you can stand to watch it, here's video of the Louisville player breaking his leg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Q1pY#at=18

Just awful.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AllThingsKC wrote:If you can stand to watch it, here's video of the Louisville player breaking his leg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Q1pY#at=18

Just awful.
I didn't need to see it another time but what is truly bewildering about sports is that, in such a physical game where guys are getting knocked to the floor on every trip down the court, a seemingly innocuous jump with nobody around can wreak such havoc. At worst, that is generally a twisted ankle.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

To me it looked like when he landed on one leg his foot didn't move but the momentum of his body keep moving.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:To me it looked like when he landed on one leg his foot didn't move but the momentum of his body keep moving.
Usually, the joint takes the heat in that kind of situation with either a sprain or tear. I have to wonder if the guy had his ankle taped up pretty high with the break occuring at the first point of weakness.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Not sure making the Final Four really strengthens the argument for KSU/KU to schedule them.

Happy for them that they made it, though. Will be interesting to see how they play against Louisville.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

It seems like it'd be win/win for a KSU/WSU matchup. The arenas would pretty much be guaranteed to be filled if it was in KC, Wichita, or Manhattan. Some of those non-con games at Bramlage aren't exactly the most well attended.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

longviewmo wrote:It seems like it'd be win/win for a KSU/WSU matchup. The arenas would pretty much be guaranteed to be filled if it was in KC, Wichita, or Manhattan. Some of those non-con games at Bramlage aren't exactly the most well attended.
A year or so ago when WSU was trying to schedule K-State, K-State required two home games to one at WSU - no room for discussion. Then again, that was several coaches and AD combinations ago.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Louisville vs. Michigan on Monday night.

Absolutely excellent showing by Wichita State.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

AllThingsKC wrote:Louisville vs. Michigan on Monday night.

Absolutely excellent showing by Wichita State.
While I was cheering for WSU, I think I am still impartial enough to say that the refs did them no favors to close out that game. They were getting fouled all over the place, and the lack of whistles/defensive bias was pretty tough to overcome. When a defensive player can body check you all the way up the court, it is much harder to handle backcourt pressure. Still, it was a great showing. Louisville is a quality team, so there is no shame in them reaching the final.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

It's ridiculous that the NCAA allows courts to be configured in a way that leaves the bench and scorer's table 2' below the playing surface.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »