Cbe attendance

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Cbe attendance

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:bogo offer spreading across twitter.... Packed huh metro?
I'm glad to see you're back to obsessing about KU now that your team is out of the national title hunt.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

KCPowercat wrote:So when the CBE was full both nights of KU fans years back were they included?
The CBE markets and sells the game. This is easily the worst set of teams they have accumulated since 2007. To be fair, last year was the second worst. Notre Dame was supposed to be good at least, and Cal was OK, but this year is a lot worse by almost any measure. The geographic draw, the name draw, and the national ranking draw are one in the same.
I can't wait until you claim that KSU has better fans because they sell out their single Sprint Center game against a great (top 10) Florida team. Heck, I may buy tickets to that game. I'm not kidding. Long story short... you caught us with bad attendance. Congratulations.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Oh boy....Camarohead 20+% empty....KU games at Spring Ctr nearly empty....

Feels like the 80's.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

bobbyhawks wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:So when the CBE was full both nights of KU fans years back were they included?
The CBE markets and sells the game. This is easily the worst set of teams they have accumulated since 2007. To be fair, last year was the second worst. Notre Dame was supposed to be good at least, and Cal was OK, but this year is a lot worse by almost any measure. The geographic draw, the name draw, and the national ranking draw are one in the same.
I can't wait until you claim that KSU has better fans became use they sell out their single Sprint Center game against a great (top 10) Florida team. Heck, I may buy tickets to that game. I'm not kidding. Long story short... you caught us with bad attendance. Congratulations.
You got the wrong guy I'm far from a kstate fan defender . They typically dont show up and I don't expect the weekend of Christmas game with an unpopular coach to be a ticket seller.

that said you dont think KU fans deserve a little ribbing here? Many boastfully talk about their incredible fan support especially in KC. They quickly pile onto MU and KSU fans for bad attendance showings. A few years ago it wouldnt have matter who else was the draw for a ku game in kc....a fact that you now claim is the reason sprint center was very barren last night.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote:
I'm glad to see you're back to obsessing about KU now that your team is out of the national title hunt.
I gave crap to MU fans too as you can see in the first post. This is way more about the health of the CBE in KC than the team.

yes our football season is completely over now that we are only #6 in the BCS.
NKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by NKC »

KCPowercat wrote:
that said you dont think KU fans deserve a little ribbing here? Many boastfully talk about their incredible fan support especially in KC. They quickly pile onto MU and KSU fans for bad attendance showings. A few years ago it wouldnt have matter who else was the draw for a ku game in kc....a fact that you now claim is the reason sprint center was very barren last night.
This is exactly right. As a Mizzou fan I had to hear every KU fan I know talk about how KC is a "KU town" and the only proof they had was sold out games at the Sprint Center. Nobody showed up to watch KU play another BCS conference team. I don't care if KU sells out Sprint Center tonight, the myth that Kansas City is a "KU town" is officially debunked as far as I'm concerned and I never want to hear otherwise from a KU fan again.

The truth is any of the three main fan groups will come out to support a top ranked team. KU is down this year by all accounts so there is less interest. The lack of support for the KU/MU football game the last few years is proof enough that KU fans are not necessarily the best they claim to be. They are just front runners like the rest of us (Mizzou and KSU included) who will come out to support a winner.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NKC wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:
This is exactly right. As a Mizzou fan I had to hear every KU fan I know talk about how KC is a "KU town" and the only proof they had was sold out games at the Sprint Center. Nobody showed up to watch KU play another BCS conference team. I don't care if KU sells out Sprint Center tonight, the myth that Kansas City is a "KU town" is officially debunked as far as I'm concerned and I never want to hear otherwise from a KU fan again.

The truth is any of the three main fan groups will come out to support a top ranked team. KU is down this year by all accounts so there is less interest. The lack of support for the KU/MU football game the last few years is proof enough that KU fans are not necessarily the best they claim to be. They are just front runners like the rest of us (Mizzou and KSU included) who will come out to support a winner.
:lol:

Keep believing whatever makes you feel good.
NKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by NKC »

kcmetro wrote:
:lol:

Keep believing whatever makes you feel good.
Numbers don't lie. The last Big 12 Tournament and MU/KU Boarder War has a lot more Mizzou fans than KU fans in Kansas City.

Btw, I would like to thank all the KU fans that decided to show up at Sprint Center for their continued support of the State of Missouri.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

KCPowercat wrote:that said you dont think KU fans deserve a little ribbing here? Many boastfully talk about their incredible fan support especially in KC. They quickly pile onto MU and KSU fans for bad attendance showings. A few years ago it wouldnt have matter who else was the draw for a ku game in kc....a fact that you now claim is the reason sprint center was very barren last night.
This is fine fodder for trash talking, just like those occasions in the past were fine fodder for trash talking. I can make some decent excuses for the poor showing last night, but at least KU doesn't have to make excuses for an empty arena on its own campus like MU does.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

NKC wrote:The last Big 12 Tournament ... has a lot more Mizzou fans than KU fans in Kansas City.
Couldn't be because MU finally had a basketball team worth watching, could it? Nah.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

chaglang wrote:
NKC wrote:The last Big 12 Tournament ... has a lot more Mizzou fans than KU fans in Kansas City.
Couldn't be because MU finally had a basketball team worth watching, could it? Nah.
Or that KU fans had to sell our championship game tickets after playing in only two games? I know I was outside with my $150 after-market ticket (sadly, it was a "good deal" before KU lost) for an hour and was lucky to get $40 for it from a nice Baylor fan, just a few minutes from tipoff. It was an insurance policy against missing the last KU/MU game, but that was pretty humiliating. MU/BU obviously didn't have close to the same demand. MU fans were scraping tickets up all around me for $15 or $20. Towards the end, I was actually going to go in and watch the game rather than let an MU fan pay $20 for a great ticket.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

kcmetro wrote:Tonight will be packed. Last night was the semifinal game.

Tickets still on sale. Special 2 for the price of 1. At least that was on TV on the 6:00 news.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Less than last year's final.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:Less than last year's final.
I'd say it was about 75% full. Not as great as it could've been, but all those teams sucked. SLU was supposed to be good, but we had a 10-20 point lead on them the entire game. Oh well. I guess we'll wait and see what the turnout is for the Oregon State game. If it's still low, then you can blast away. That game is at least part of the season ticket package.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Well no shit its going to be full if everybody gets tickets to it part of their package.

real test was those two games this week....big drop off from the normal KU crowds in KC you must agree .....never heard a KU fan use opponent as a reason for a pud crowd. New one there.

I mean last year with MU as the headline drew more fans. Woof.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I just learned that CBE ticket prices were 70% more expensive this year than previous years.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Lol. Talk about cherry picking a stat to offer up yet another lame excuse your fans match MU at the same event.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:Lol. Talk about cherry picking a stat to offer up yet another lame excuse your fans match MU at the same event.
If that's a "lame excuse" then I can't help ya.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

One ticket, the worst seats, went from 10 to 17 bucks. No other ticket prices raised 70%... They stayed the same. That is a lame attempt at an excuse. Or maybe KU fans are just a bunch of Poors.... is what you are saying?