Cbe attendance

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Cbe attendance

Post by KCPowercat »

KCPowercat wrote:I have a cbe tournament question. Where were the MU fans? Part of the reason cbe picks a local team is to sell tickets....it worked when ku played in it....it worked when Ksu played in it....hello it works pretty well when Iowa plays in it.....where are the black and gold? 11k attendance is unacceptable in my opinion.
I apologize MU fans.... It s KU can't bring fans to the CBE either.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Basketball Season

Post by AllThingsKC »

This is KANSAS City:
KCtonic
New York Life
New York Life

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Basketball Season

Post by KCtonic »

How in the world does Texas justify keeping their FB & BB coaches? Mack Brown's teams constantly under perform and then there's Rick Barnes

Div. II Chaminade upsets Texas 86-73 in Maui
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/div-ii-cha ... ncaab.html

UPDATE: This post made a lot more sense when it was in the 2012 CBB thread ;)
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Cbe attendance

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I think a lot of these Tournaments like the CBE, and the college hockey one that had 1500 people is the Sports Commissions fault, i think they really do a horrible job marketing these sporting events and the attendance suffers.

Early season college bball tourneys are kind of worthless anyway. I'd rather attend one of those late season Mid Major Non-Conference games (Wichita State vs Butler type game) then a early season tourney like this because those mid major games have more meaning in who can get into the NCAA tourney.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Tonight will be packed. Last night was the semifinal game.
NKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by NKC »

I think the timing is always poor as well. More people would go if it were over Thanksgiving weekend. Monday/Tuesday night's are always bad regardless of the time of year. That being said, I never want to hear from another KU fan making fun of Mizzou attendance in KC or KC being clearly a "KU town". After the horrible showing at Arrowhead during the last few years of the Boarder War and last night it is pretty clear that even KU can have trouble getting a crowd to follow them in KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NKC wrote:I think the timing is always poor as well. More people would go if it were over Thanksgiving weekend. Monday/Tuesday night's are always bad regardless of the time of year. That being said, I never want to hear from another KU fan making fun of Mizzou attendance in KC or KC being clearly a "KU town". After the horrible showing at Arrowhead during the last few years of the Boarder War and last night it is pretty clear that even KU can have trouble getting a crowd to follow them in KC.
Umm, have forgotten how terrible KU has been the past 3 years in football?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote:Tonight will be packed. Last night was the semifinal game.
I'll take that bet

ku used to packed KC arenas at all games....what changed? Hell last time kstate was in the cbe both nights were sold out.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:
I'll take that bet

ku used to packed KC arenas at all games....what changed? Hell last time kstate was in the cbe both nights were sold out.
Who were the other teams playing in the tourney with KSU? We have some shitty teams this year. SLU and Wash St aren't exactly big draws. I don't know anything about A&M this year.

I'd imagine too that going two straight nights isn't convenient for most people when the games start at 9pm. Won't get back to Lawrence or JoCo til 11:30 or later.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:
I'll take that bet

Who were the other teams playing in the tourney with KSU? We have some shitty teams this year. SLU and Wash St aren't exactly big draws. I don't know anything about A&M this year.

I'd imagine too that going two straight nights isn't convenient for most people when the games start at 9pm. Won't get back to Lawrence or JoCo til 11:30 or later.
Lol awesome. Saved for later.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I think the fact that we have 3 games in the Sprint Center in 11 days (not including the Big 12 Tournament), with WSU being the worst game, plays a part in things. Kansas Athletics did not sell the tickets for the CBE either. I expect that the KU vs. Oregon State game will have much better attendance since it is part of the ticket package. Still, I'm disappointed in the turnout. It is too bad for the CBE because they were clearly relying on KU to sell all of their tickets with the teams they booked.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

These neutral site games used to be apart of ku fan season tickets? Wow okay that explains it right there.

Fyi kstate has never included these games in their season packages. Strange KU did.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:These neutral site games used to be apart of ku fan season tickets? Wow okay that explains it right there.

Fyi kstate has never included these games in their season packages. Strange KU did.
The CBE games aren't included in the season ticket package. The Oregon State game is however, since it's considered a home game for KU.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So when the CBE was full both nights of KU fans years back were they included? I all trash talking aside just looking to see what changed.

Kstate doesn't include those home games like that we play off campus in season tickets either... That would be nice.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

kcmetro wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:
I'll take that bet

Since KCP is ignoring your valid point...

2010 O’Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic
Championship Rounds – Sprint Center
Final
11/23 #1 Duke 82, #4 Kansas St. 68
Consolation
11/23 #18 Gonzaga 66, Marquette 63
Semifi nals
11/22 #1 Duke 82, Marquette 77
#4 Kansas St. 81, #18 Gonzaga 64
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Just curious: What was the actual attendance last night? I can't find an actual number.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

In was there... There were 100 Duke fans there. Far From a valid point given KU fans would fill up kc arenas in the past no matter the opponent.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:In was there... There were 100 Duke fans there. Far From a valid point given KU fans would fill up kc arenas in the past no matter the opponent.
This sounds a lot like something Kietzman would say. :D

BTW, I was at that Duke game too. There had to be 1,000 Duke "fans"...mostly small town KS bumpkins who probably started rooting for Duke in 1991 in 4th grade so they could be the "rebel" in their class.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Funny to read the excuses the ku fan base is making for the empty arena. You have to admit that didn't happen in past games at sprint or Kemper.... No matter the opponent.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

bogo offer spreading across twitter.... Packed huh metro?