Sporting KC vs Chiefs and Royals in where they live

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Sporting KC vs Chiefs and Royals in where they live

Post by brewcrew1000 »

It could just be because Sporting KC is not really a major team and if Matt Cassell tweeted to say he was at Waffle House in Grandview, a bunch of idiot fans from Belton would probably show up but it seems like the players on Sporting KC really supports our Urban Core. It seems like most of the players on Sporting live in the Urban Core. If you look at tweets from various sporting players they will say they are hanging out at Broadway Cafe, Eggtc, Cheze Elle, Club Aura, Blanc and various other places in the Core. On Saturday night I walked past a bunch of Sporting players (Cesar and Collin is who i noticed) in front of Santoras and Club Aura.

The only Royal that I know of that lives in the core is Chen and he lives on the plaza, i am assuming most of the other players live in JoCo or Lees Summit. Hell most of them probably do not even own a place because our team is so young. Not too many Chiefs live in the Core either, most are in Lee's Summit or JoCo.

Do you think it was just how they were raised? A lot of the sporting kc players probably grew up in large international cities while most of the Royals and Chiefs probably grew up in smaller towns or the burbs.

Who knows, maybe if MLS players were paid 3 million a season they would all live in gated communities in Loch Lloyd as well.
smh
Supporter

Re: Sporting KC vs Chiefs and Royals in where they live

Post by smh »

A friend of mine works at Sullivan's in Town Center and is always talking about Butler and Francouer being in as well as Chiefs players.

I was always under the impression that Greinke (R.I.P.) had a place in one of the twin salmon-colored 70's highrises on the south side of Brush Creek. One time I saw him and David DeJesus at Gran Faloon back in my Falooning days.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

i dont know if this is true, but i've heard that a significant number of SKC players live in MAC properties apartments along Armour Blvd. Not randomly, but like MAC reached out to them and enticed them there.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

chrizow wrote:Not randomly, but like MAC reached out to them and enticed them there.
That might be one of the smartest things I've heard a company do in a long time.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

smh wrote:A friend of mine works at Sullivan's in Town Center and is always talking about Butler and Francouer being in as well as Chiefs players.

I was always under the impression that Greinke (R.I.P.) had a place in one of the twin salmon-colored 70's highrises on the south side of Brush Creek. One time I saw him and David DeJesus at Gran Faloon back in my Falooning days.
I've seen Royals players around the Plaza and 50/Main areas a lot, so I assume many live around there. Greinke supposedly still owns a place on the Plaza. I do know that Moose and Hosmer live on the Plaza down the hall from each other.

I think many American-born baseball players are from rural or suburban areas, and are thus more comfortable with suburban areas. Gil Meche (Loch Lloyd residence I believe, originally from rural Louisiana) is an example of that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Royals and Chiefs recomend living in the burbs (IIRC, the Royals back in the 80s used to recommend players live in Blue Springs....then Overland Park became a sponsor for Royals Radio, and the steered them towards JoCo). Whereas SKC might be more progressive in recommending the city.

Do many of these guys live here year round though? The soccer players have so many international travels, and most likely they're not going to play for KC for more than afew seasons, I'm guessing they probably just live anywhere in the US they want. I know a lot of Royals players live full-time in Arizona.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Pro athletes are sheep, they want whatever the other guy wants, mcmansions, trophy wives, metallic ropes around their necks.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Supporting the core?

All Chiefs and Royals players pay KCMO income tax. Sporting KC players* just got a tax break in Kansas that will probably spiral the state into bankruptcy, which will be fitting since their park is next to a bankrupt shopping center.**

* Unless they live in KCMO
** I'm really not this passionate about this, just making a point.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

chrizow wrote:i dont know if this is true, but i've heard that a significant number of SKC players live in MAC properties apartments along Armour Blvd. Not randomly, but like MAC reached out to them and enticed them there.
It could be true, i mean some of those players are making like 40-50k a season and they are probably never home half the time, why not pay 600-700 for a semi decent place
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I know Chance Myers lives in Crossroads (in the same building as a friend of mine...been plotting how to uncreeply hang out with him, lol) and Collins lives in Westport
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

kboish wrote:I know Chance Myers lives in Crossroads (in the same building as a friend of mine...been plotting how to uncreeply hang out with him, lol) and Collins lives in Westport
I saw him at Czar around lunch a few weeks back.

I think I heard somewhere that a few sports players (Chiefs?) live in the condos near the FBI building in the Westside North, but I haven't seen any or heard who specifically lives there.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I tend to see Chiefs and Royals players in Johnson County or in the Northland. But, I have seen a few in the P&L District, Westport, and Plaza.

Today, on the MLB Network, Mike Sweeney was talking about all the great places to visit on the Plaza the ASG visitors can choose from. He had stories from many of those places.

As far as the SKC players, I can't think of one I've seen in the Urban Core. I usually seem in East Jack or near Village West.
cknab1
Ambassador

Post by cknab1 »

Eric Berry lives/lived in the Library Lofts. Not sure if he is still there. My daughter lived there until last year and would see him all the time.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I've seen Jimmy Nielsen on the Plaza with his kids.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

KCMax wrote:I've seen Jimmy Nielsen on the Plaza with his kids.
I see Nielsen and Espinoza at Brookside Market all the time.
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by slimwhitman »

I know several Chiefs players live in One Park Place on 31st.