KC Royals Magic Season Spurred on by Charm of Monet

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

KC Royals Magic Season Spurred on by Charm of Monet

Post by wizziebrownsports »

The Kansas City Royals, still looking to make 2012 a magic season, have recently started showing signs of life with wins over the Tigers and the Yankees. The opening home town win over the Yankees last Thursday gave Royals fans their long awaited home game celebration. Is this the beginning of something big?

Although the Royals bench is young, they have a lot of exceptional talent. Even so, until last week they have been struggling through one of the biggest slumps in baseball this season. For a while it seemed like they could not find a win no matter what they tried. Now things are beginning to make a turnaround. Could it be that one of the secrets in Kansas City is magic?

Local Kansas City personality, Pajet Monet, reports that every time she attends a Kansas City Royals baseball game, they have been victorious. Could this be like the Curse of the Bambino, but in reverse? Boston sold the “Babe” to the Yankees in 1920. Some superstitious fans say that is the reason the Red Sox were not able to win another World Series for 86 years. Maybe the secret magic ingredient needed in KC to help pull the team to victory is the Charm of Monet.

Anyone having had the opportunity of personally meeting Pajet Monet has been charmed by her beauty and eloquence. Who knows? Maybe she is the Good Luck Charm the Royals have been looking for? If that is what it takes for Kansas City to come out on top this season, then I say let’s have Pajet Monet sitting front seat at every game.

The power of the Monet Magic will be put on the line again on Tuesday. Royals fan, Dr. Chuck Leffler, has arranged for Pajet Monet to attend Tuesday night’s contest against Boston. Look for her right behind home plate. Here’s hoping that Monet’s blond hair and lovely appearance will once again charm the Royals to another victory. Another win will make her a perfect 10 out of 10. If this keeps up, we may all become superstitious.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Check out Pajet Monet: http://pajetmonet.blogspot.com/

--Wizzie
smh
Supporter

Re: KC Royals Magic Season Spurred on by Charm of Monet

Post by smh »

I thought new members couldn't start new threads...
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

I do not know if new members are allowed to post or not, but it seems to have worked. Sorry if you feel that it was inappropriate.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Whoa, no, not at all. I just thought you were a spambot. If you aren't, then a hearty welcome to the forum!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Yeah, we've been getting a lot of spambots lately. If you're not one, then I second your healthy welcome to the forum!
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

A spambot I am not. A Royals fan I am. I think that the result of the whole season depends on what the team does the next couple of weeks. To call this a good season, they will need to get red hot right away. I am all for doing everything we can to spur them to victory.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Guess I should stay away. I'm 0-6 in games at Kauffman this year. Went last night - going Wednesday - so it only figures this lady is going on Tuesday. Guess that means 1-2 against Boston.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

WSP: perhaps the only way you can avoid causing Royals losses when you attend is to wear Billy Butler-style high socks to the games.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

That is not a bad idea. I've been meaning to get some new Royals gear this year - will check the gift shop on Wednesday.

Shorts? Check.
Sandals? Check.
Knee-high Royal Blue socks? Check.

I think this has potential.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Yes! Do it! ;)
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Well, she came through again! We need to get her back soon.

Congratulations to Billy Butler and a great effort by the whole team. It was a nice win for Kansas City.
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Guess we should get WSPanic and Monet together at the same game so we can find out who has the stronger magic...
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Better idea: Let's just give her my tickets and let this play out for a bit...
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Well, the charm of Monet seems to still be working! The Royals topped the Red Sox just like she promised. What's more, she seems to have given them new life.

When they wind down a bit, we will need to get her to another game. We may need the WSPanic tickets yet!

Check out her blog at http://pajetmonet.blogspot.com/

To a great season!
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

A nice article about Hochevar in the paper. In summary for almost half of his starts he has the stats of a #1 starter. For the other half he shouldn't be in baseball.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:A nice article about Hochevar in the paper. In summary for almost half of his starts he has the stats of a #1 starter. For the other half he shouldn't be in baseball.
To be fair, I think you could play that game with a lot of pitchers. Most of them don't stick around long enough for the sample to be this large, but I'll bet a lot of bad pitchers would look good if you wiped away their worst 50% in starts. Max Scherzer has a 6.26 ERA but would have a 3.19 ERA if you wiped out his 4 worst starts.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

It's consistency that makes a #1 starter.
wizziebrownsports
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

So it is after the All Star break and the Royals are down 17 1/2. Not good. Unless this team can come up with something really fast, we are in trouble.

It sounds like the fans are still standing behind their team. In her latest blog Pajet Monet promises that the ladies in the stands will wear something a bit more exciting each time we gain one game in the standings. That will give a lot of us double to cheer about. Come on guys. Now we are desparate.

Check out the Pajet All Star pictures on her blog. http://pajetmonet.blogspot.com/
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

^17 1/2? they are only 10.5 games out
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

brewcrew1000 wrote:^17 1/2? they are only 10.5 games out
I am loving this new wild card format. I just realized that we are "only" 8 games out on the wild card front. I realize that we need 7 teams to all start to suck, but it is less demeaning than what would have been 10 games back needing 8 teams to falter. I guess we should be cheering for the Rangers and Yankees to dominate the rest of the season.