GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2012 CHIEFS!

Post by KCMax »

AllThingsKC wrote:#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
No on Poe? Powe-Poe be rollin' this year.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Wow. High risk first round pick by the Chiefs. Billy Beane would not have approved.

Hope he works out. It's about time for the Chief's to get some mileage out of a first round pick.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Poe does under Crennel. I'm also not convinced that Tyson Jackson is quite the bust some people are suggesting. Let's see what these guys can do with a full camp / year under Romeo. I wouldn't say I'm exactly optimistic, but I feel like there's at least a chance of this working out in our favor.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Brodie Croyle has announced his retirement.

Next stop - Chiefs Ring of Honor.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Former Chief, Bobby Sippio, arrested for attempted murder...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... rs_wi.html
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SI: Offseason Breakdown: Kansas City Chiefs
Outlook: This is a very talented team, there’s no doubt about that. That talent alone should get it to the playoffs easily, even in an AFC West that has a reloading Chargers and a Peyton Manning-led Broncos team.

But how far the Chiefs go in the postseason is up to Cassel and Crennel. Both are good enough to not get in the way. But can they be even better? If so, I dare say that the Chiefs have a chance to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders.
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

The Chiefs are not super bowl contenders but they will probably go 9-7 or 10-6.

Pro Football Weekly ranks Cassel as the 21 best QB in football and Ron Jaworski ranked him as the 22 best QB. Those rankings are fair but I would expect them to improve if the key players on offense stay healthy (Before last season Pro Football Weekly had Cassel ranked as the 16th best QB). It would be great to upgrade to a top 10 QB, but those types of upgrades are very expensive.

Some of Cassel's critics say his good year in 2010 was because of Charlie Wiess. That is an overstatement. Wiess was a pretty poor play caller for about the first five or six games of 2010. He did improve a lot as the year went on. On the flip side, promoting Bill Muir to offensive coordinator in 2011 was pathetically stupid. So if you are going to give Wiess credit for Cassel's good play in 2010, you have to give Muir some of the blame for 2011. Hopefully Daboll will learn from the mistakes made by Wiess and Muir.

Cassel needs a strong supporting cast to go 10-6. But he has proven he can go 10-6 with good support.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

knucklehead wrote:The Chiefs are not super bowl contenders but they will probably go 9-7 or 10-6.

Pro Football Weekly ranks Cassel as the 21 best QB in football and Ron Jaworski ranked him as the 22 best QB. Those rankings are fair but I would expect them to improve if the key players on offense stay healthy (Before last season Pro Football Weekly had Cassel ranked as the 16th best QB). It would be great to upgrade to a top 10 QB, but those types of upgrades are very expensive.

Some of Cassel's critics say his good year in 2010 was because of Charlie Wiess. That is an overstatement. Wiess was a pretty poor play caller for about the first five or six games of 2010. He did improve a lot as the year went on. On the flip side, promoting Bill Muir to offensive coordinator in 2011 was pathetically stupid. So if you are going to give Wiess credit for Cassel's good play in 2010, you have to give Muir some of the blame for 2011. Hopefully Daboll will learn from the mistakes made by Wiess and Muir.

Cassel needs a strong supporting cast to go 10-6. But he has proven he can go 10-6 with good support.
Totally agree. My opinion is that Cassel is a legit top 15 QB. He had a bad year last year when he was healthy, but his completion percentage was actually better than his pro bowl year. Haley put Cassel in more situations last year where everyone on the field knew he was passing and had to complete something on long yardage, it is no wonder his INTs were up.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Watching the Chiefs now here in Tucson, so that pretty much means the Cards will lose as they do every time I watch them.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

The Chiefs starters look pretty damn good. Wow.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Bowe, finally. He better put up this year.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

He can't engage in any team activity (practice, etc) until Monday or Tuesday, is that right? I heard something about a 3-day waiting period after signing before he can actually rejoin the team. Not sure if that's true, however.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

mean wrote:He can't engage in any team activity (practice, etc) until Monday or Tuesday, is that right? I heard something about a 3-day waiting period after signing before he can actually rejoin the team. Not sure if that's true, however.
its true. 3 day wait period. he won't be playing this weekend.

glad he is signed though.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

OH NOES WE LOST THE GOVERNOR CUP.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

And looked really bad do it!
cknab1
Ambassador

Post by cknab1 »

Tamba Hali Suspended For Kansas City Chiefs Opener Against Atlanta Falcons

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2012/8/2 ... ion-chiefs
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Russell Wilson in his first professional start is a significantly better NFL quarterback than Matt Cassell.

Truly incredible and comical.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Matt looked really good a couple weeks ago, but yeah, he looked pretty bad last week and hasn't shown anything to inspire confidence this week, although there have been at least a couple of throws tonight so far that should have been caught.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I am at the Chiefs game right now. The 37-7 score really gives a person time to check KC Rag while at Arrowhead.

Anyway, I don't think Cassel has looked that bad. As mean, a few passes should have been caught.

And, Seattle just scored again. 44-7!