GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mean »

At least they're in control at this point. You almost have to expect the Raiders will win at least one of those, seems they pull at least one out every year against KC, even when they're far worse than they are this year. You know, like last year!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Why does no one care about this team this year? The last 3 home games have been horrible in terms of attendance I know the weather is bad but still, yesterday you could have gotten tickets on stubhub for 5 bucks. I bet this is the first year in which Chiefs tickets are lower than Royals tickets.

Is football just coming to a point where they will just start to be played in empty stadiums since the product is so great on TV?
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Probably lots of reasons, Holidays, cold weather, apathetic 1-5 start, Royals playoff games and merchandise. I wouldn't want to hang out in rainy, cold weather for 4-5 hours, even if the tickets were free...lol
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I like the atmosphere of a game at Arrowhead, but the NFL and its teams somehow think that the way to enhance the in-stadium experience is to crank up the volume, have local revival hair bands playing music in a ring of actual flames in the concourse, and increase the ways you can separate yourself from your money. I think the NFL got so full of itself so fast that it was blind to some of the problems they have engineered into their product. Things like fantasy football are great for the overall league, but they diminish the passion that many fans have for their local team. If you are interested in watching other games, going to an NFL stadium is a real drag. They are still a long way from hitting the panic button, but the game is having a really bad identity crisis right now.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

" I wouldn't want to hang out in rainy, cold weather for 4-5 hours, even if the tickets were free...lol"

Had season tickets a couple of times in the 70's, one with a good team one with an awful team. Went to the cold games but spent a lot of time in the restroom getting warm. Of course back then games on TV, especially home games, were a rarity. Now, why spend the bucks?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I guess I shouldn't complain, if everyone was into the Chiefs prices would be much higher. I am just seeing great value in them right now. Went to Chargers game and Browns game and got 2 tickets for less than $30 total for both. The chargers game we ended up sitting under an overhang so we never got wet. My buddy and I got dropped off both times so we didn't have to pay for parking.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Playoffs!!!
KC is the way to be!
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Just unreal what this team has accomplished. I've criticized Andy Reid and his late-game management before, but he has taken a page right out of Ned Yost's book. Winning 10 straight goes beyond the point where a team gets "hot" and into the territory where a team is legitimately good and well-managed. To boot, the 10 straight happened to close the season, and not to open it, which is right where we want to be. Regardless of a win or loss, this season is a pretty amazing testament to the team's perseverance.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It's unbelievable what those boys did! It's unbelievable what they did! It's unbelievable what they did! They threw touchdowns, they caught interceptions! Hey, guess what? First ballot hall of fame quarterback? Not on our team. We beat 'em. Best defensive player in the league? Not on our team. We beat 'em. MVP of the whole league? Sorry guys, not on our team (and we didn't beat him cause we didn't play him. But I believe if we would have played 'em) we (would have) beat that guy too! Do you know why we beat 'em? Cause all y'all people had our backs, and Clark Hunt put this team together and Reid delivered it by being captain of the ship. Y'all wanna be politically correct? I'm the un-politically correct person. We whupped their ass!
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

So you want the Chiefs to lose the Super Bowl?
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

mean wrote:It's unbelievable what those boys did! It's unbelievable what they did! It's unbelievable what they did! They threw touchdowns, they caught interceptions! Hey, guess what? First ballot hall of fame quarterback? Not on our team. We beat 'em. Best defensive player in the league? Not on our team. We beat 'em. MVP of the whole league? Sorry guys, not on our team (and we didn't beat him cause we didn't play him. But I believe if we would have played 'em) we (would have) beat that guy too! Do you know why we beat 'em? Cause all y'all people had our backs, and Clark Hunt put this team together and Reid delivered it by being captain of the ship. Y'all wanna be politically correct? I'm the un-politically correct person. We whupped their ass!
This made me smile. For the Chiefs and for the Royals.
KC is the way to be!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I thought it was mildly entertaining and certainly appropriate. The Chiefs were dead by the middle of October. Fire Reid! Fire Dorsey! Fire Alex Smith! Let's see what Chase Daniel can do!

I wasn't going quite that far, but I remember thinking, "Well, they could win out..." after the Vikings game and grimacing at the thought. Of course that wasn't going to happen. Sure, there were some winnable games on there but they'd be lucky to go 8-8 or 9-7 when it was all said and done.

It is pretty unbelievable what those boys did, even if they didn't win the Super Bowl.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Ironic that they are playing Houston in the playoffs.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Will they play Houston in Houston against Houston? I guess we'll find out.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote:Will they play Houston in Houston against Houston? I guess we'll find out.
That wasn't the irony I was going for. First time ever both teams make the playoffs in the same year and the royals and Chiefs both start out against teams from Houston.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Houston really has become a nemesis city. Along with the Royals and the Chiefs, Sporting KC has a history of battling Houston teams in the playoffs.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Chiefs last playoff win was against Houston. It was the Oilers, but it was Houston.
KC is the way to be!
nomadcowatbk
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by nomadcowatbk »

Does Clark Hunt vote the Raiders/Chargers plan or does he vote for the Kronke plan to keep the AFC West without realignment?