GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bobbyhawks »

Let's hear it for Andy Reid. In four regular seasons, the guy's worst record was 9-7, and we won our first post-season game since 1993. I don't always agree with his end-of-game play calling, but he was a great hire and I'm glad to have him as our HC. This season has unfolded a bit like the Royals' devil magic of 2014/15. The team just keeps finding a way to get it done, even if some of the stats aren't exactly where you'd want them. There is a lot to love about this post-season and the potential to get to the AFC Championship game, but the freaking Pats are the Pats. This will be fun to watch!
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

sigh.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I stand by my appreciation for Andy Reid, but I also continue to not agree with his end-of-game management. Good season, but tough to go out with such a whimper on offense.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

The script of first drive brilliance, followed by 3 quarters of futility, ending with one last drive to score is infuriating.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

He is the Yost of Yosts with his clock management and overall play calling
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Except Yost eventually understood what his weaknesses were and tried to be better
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Yeah, I don't really see many changes from Andy Reid when what he has doesn't work. He seems to stick to things no matter what.
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

At some point it's on the players to win. Regardless of the play calling. If we had scored earlier and more then none of the last few minutes of that game would have mattered anyways.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

im2kull wrote:At some point it's on the players to win. Regardless of the play calling. If we had scored earlier and more then none of the last few minutes of that game would have mattered anyways.
Fair point, but the tempo of the game is dictated by the plays coming in from the sideline (or the allowance for plays to be called on the field). Reid was happy milking the clock in the 4th quarter, down 8. This is consistent with what he did all season, though, so he was just sticking with what had been a winning formula (ala Yost). To me, letting the players play would involve a quicker tempo and more flexibility for Smith to call plays quickly.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Guess who the best team in the NFL currently is...
KC is the way to be!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Probably still the Patriots, at least until they prove otherwise. But damn, they didn't really show up last night.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Assuming this happened, which I have little reason to doubt unless the witnesses are just flat-out lying, a dude who plays on a team literally named a racial slur derived from a particular race's skin tone got called a different racial slur derived from a particular race's skin tone. 2017, folks. You can't make this shit up.

But really, is anyone surprised that some idiot would feel empowered to act that way in the current climate? "<N-words> need to stand during the anthem!" is the verbatim subtext of a huge swath of the right's attitude toward the protests. Just because they don't use the same explicitly offensive language doesn't make their ideas less foul.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Oh absolutely, it's frustrating that football is entertaining to watch since literally everything about it -- the health ramifications for the players; the players' penchant for, and the league's readiness to look the other way on, domestic violence and other violent criminal behavior; Washington's team name; and the garbage fans -- is all so loathsome. Although in recent years I've also found it less entertaining to watch, too. I haven't actually seen a game yet this year, might watch tomorrow though.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Not to give a pass to players involved in domestic or other violent behavior, but surely there's some correlation between that and the health ramifications in question. Which just makes it (football in general) worse, really.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Probably true -- they found severe CTE in Aaron Hernandez's brain (while offering the various disclaimers that CTE wasn't definitely the cause of his behavior, but....)
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

This sums up the team right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Marcus Peters being traded to the Rams for draft picks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... to-la-rams

Seems like a bad move, had 2 years left, probably could have got the same trade this time next year.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

grovester wrote:Marcus Peters being traded to the Rams for draft picks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... to-la-rams

Seems like a bad move, had 2 years left, probably could have got the same trade this time next year.
The guy did some dumb things but he was a great player - one of the best at his position. Hate to see him go.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Can’t find what picks we got. First round?