Big 12 Tournament

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Tournament

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC wrote:Riiiiight. Because KU players wouldn't dance or celebrate at all if they had won this tourney.
You're right. They wouldn't. Just like we don't rush the court when we knock off a higher ranked team at AFH. KU fans and players alike are used to winning and used to dominating the conference year after year. So dancing around like a clown after winning a Big 12 tournament isn't something you see KU players doing.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KU has played great all year too. So has Baylor and Iowa State. MU, KU, BU, and ISU should all make decent runs in the NCAA tourney.

I was also very proud of the local fanbases (ISU included) for staying around all weekend.
kcmetro wrote: So dancing around like a clown after winning a Big 12 tournament isn't something you see KU players doing.
Then, explain this video to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAMS56S-Ijg
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC wrote:KU has played great all year too. So has Baylor and Iowa State. MU, KU, BU, and ISU should all make decent runs in the NCAA tourney.

I was also very proud of the local fanbases (ISU included) for staying around all weekend.
kcmetro wrote: So dancing around like a clown after winning a Big 12 tournament isn't something you see KU players doing.
Then, explain this video to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAMS56S-Ijg
What would you like me to explain? There was no dancing in that video. Try again.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

AllThingsKC wrote:Image

Awesome. There are a number of bandwagon Kansas basketball fans in KC (many of whom probably couldn't even find Lawrence on a map) and even fewer Kansas State fans, but this is clearly Mizzou (and SEC) country now.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

kcmetro wrote: Haith is sobbing. Players are dancing around at mid court. You could tell Mizzou isn't used to winning anything.

Isn't that display of real emotion from a group of young men kind of what makes college basketball fun? Winning the B12 tournament is cool, especially given the fact that this is the last hurrah for those dudes. There's not going to be a lot of NBA rings on those fingers. They've been doing this for 4 years and they are finally gelling and getting big results.

Now the MU fanwagon, not so cool (though the diehards have certainly earned it). But watching the players whoop it up after winning on of, if not THE best, basketball tournaments in the country. That's why I watch the games.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MoMan wrote:
AllThingsKC wrote:Image

Awesome. There are a number of bandwagon Kansas basketball fans in KC (many of whom probably couldn't even find Lawrence on a map) and even fewer Kansas State fans, but this is clearly Mizzou (and SEC) country now.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcmetro wrote: What would you like me to explain? There was no dancing in that video. Try again.
There wasn't? Better look again.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

chingon wrote: Isn't that display of real emotion from a group of young men kind of what makes college basketball fun? Winning the B12 tournament is cool, especially given the fact that this is the last hurrah for those dudes. There's not going to be a lot of NBA rings on those fingers. They've been doing this for 4 years and they are finally gelling and getting big results.

Now the MU fanwagon, not so cool (though the diehards have certainly earned it). But watching the players whoop it up after winning on of, if not THE best, basketball tournaments in the country. That's why I watch the games.
This is EXACTLY what I have said the years KU has won it.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Great game, great tourney, and great season for Mizzou. They are well within their rights to celebrate a bit. I would prefer not seeing or hearing the SEC stuff though. It's a big XII tourney and now Mizzou will go on to represent the Big XII in the NCAA tournament. The SEC is the future, not the present, and I guess it remains to be seen whether KC will ever be an SEC town.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

MU should get a 1 seed over KU. In reality they are about dead even. MU had a better over all record, KU had a better conference record. They both won at home in two extremely close games. But MU finished strongerist (sic).

My prediction is they will both be 2 seeds. If they some how manage to meet in the title game my head wil explode.

Congrats Mizzou, very proud, exceeded expectations. Could have done without the SEC stuff
But I understand getting caught up in the moment.

Of course we danced. It's a big deal for us. That doesn't make us dumb or inferior. In fact, if KU fans can't be at the minimum be silent, after enjoying far more success than most schools will ever enjoy, then they have truly shown who has no class.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

MoMan wrote:but this is clearly Mizzou (and SEC) country now.
Repeating it doesn't make it true. It just makes you wrong, still. This is a KU town. Always has been and always will be. (Its also firmly, 100% midwestern, and the SEC is not and never will be. Columbia will be an SEC town. Sad, but, whatever. You made your bed.)
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

shinatoo wrote:MU should get a 1 seed over KU. In reality they are about dead even. MU had a better over all record, KU had a better conference record. They both won at home in two extremely close games. But MU finished strongerist (sic).

My prediction is they will both be 2 seeds. If they some how manage to meet in the title game my head wil explode.

Congrats Mizzou, very proud, exceeded expectations. Could have done without the SEC stuff
But I understand getting caught up in the moment.

Of course we danced. It's a big deal for us. That doesn't make us dumb or inferior. In fact, if KU fans can't be at the minimum be silent, after enjoying far more success than most schools will ever enjoy, then they have truly shown who has no class.
I don't care if they danced or Haith cried. I was just pointing out that it's indicative of the fact that Mizzou rarely wins anything meaningful on the basketball court.

I do think it's sad however that the arena was filled with SEC chants as the game ended. And I think it's funny that there are MU fans who actually think KC is SEC country. GMAFB.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

AllThingsKC wrote:
chingon wrote: Isn't that display of real emotion from a group of young men kind of what makes college basketball fun? Winning the B12 tournament is cool, especially given the fact that this is the last hurrah for those dudes. There's not going to be a lot of NBA rings on those fingers. They've been doing this for 4 years and they are finally gelling and getting big results.

This is EXACTLY what I have said the years KU has won it.
Damn. You've had to say that A LOT.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

shinatoo wrote: My prediction is they will both be 2 seeds. If they some how manage to meet in the title game my head wil explode.
Don't know how that's possible with the Syracuse and Duke losses.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

While I think Mizzou has a great case for the #1 or #2 seed in STL, I'm not sure they completely deserve it. But, not a lot of 30-win teams get passed up by a 6-loss team. So who knows. As of right now, I think either KU goes to STL, or neither MU nor KU go to STL. But both have a fair case, IMO.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC wrote:While I think Mizzou has a great case for the #1 or #2 seed in STL, I'm not sure they completely deserve it. But, not a lot of 30-win teams get passed up by a 6-loss team. So who knows. As of right now, I think either KU goes to STL, or neither MU nor KU go to STL. But both have a fair case, IMO.
I think MU will be the 2 seed in STL and KU will be a 1 seed in Phoenix.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcmetro wrote: I think MU will be the 2 seed in STL and KU will be a 1 seed in Phoenix.
In your opinion, which is better for KU/MU? #1 in Phoenix (or elsewhere) or #2 in St. Louis? I guess it depends on who else in the bracket?
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC wrote:
kcmetro wrote: I think MU will be the 2 seed in STL and KU will be a 1 seed in Phoenix.
In your opinion, which is better for KU/MU? #1 in Phoenix (or elsewhere) or #2 in St. Louis? I guess it depends on who else in the bracket?
Kentucky is going to be the 1 in STL I think, and I want no part of them. I'd rather KU be a 3 or 4 seed in any other bracket than to be the 2 seed in Kentucky's bracket.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AllThingsKC wrote:While I think Mizzou has a great case for the #1 or #2 seed in STL, I'm not sure they completely deserve it. But, not a lot of 30-win teams get passed up by a 6-loss team. So who knows. As of right now, I think either KU goes to STL, or neither MU nor KU go to STL. But both have a fair case, IMO.
My guess is that the NCAA will "reward" Mizzou with a 2 seed in St Louis because it likes potentially interesting matchups - and with Mizzou joining the SEC, Missouri - Kentucky would fit the bill. Frankly, I think Mizzou deserves a 1 seed having beat the team (by a good margin) that handily beat KU in the tourney. KU is much more on the bubble being a 6 loss team and having the Davidson bad loss.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That kim English pic is disappointing. He is typically a good guy and I know he is just a kid caught up in the moment but he usually acts respectful. That pic was more along the lines of what MU fans get stereotyped as.